Deleted member 3250193

AlterWorlds Writer
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2021
Storm ⛈ can you explain a bit how's the writing process of the game?
does it include instructions like "put Jackson in x position with x clothing items, etc."?
Depends on the scene. Generally speaking, Slockie picks out clothing, environment, and other assets, though we often look for them together. If I have a specific look, series of actions, etc. in mind then yes, they go into the script. In some cases I'll specifically link the asset I want to see in the scene, though that's much less common. In even rarer instances, I'll write out the blocking of the scene, though that's usually to set up something that happens in the scene so Slockie doesn't have characters in the wrong position for that to play out properly.

The only thing I'm consistently detailed on positioning is during sex scenes, especially when multiple LIs are involved. I typically block the entire thing, with details on changes in position as they progress. The exception here is when it transitions into a montage, during which Slockie has free rein to add whatever he'd like (within reason; I've had to veto puppet sex more times than I can count - Slockie has a weird fetish for marionettes).

Slockie is final arbiter on the visuals, though, so sometimes he overrules my suggestions to go with something different. I'd say 95% of the time his idea is the better choice, but in that other 5% I usually make my case and we end up in agreement. It's a very collaborative effort on pretty much all fronts except the coding (of which I know only the bare basics).

BeingADikDik

Engaged Member
Apr 17, 2021
"...and then they have sex."
"When MC orgasms, be sure to shake the screen three, no wait, four times."
:: cracks open a beer, puts legs up on recliner ::
"Yup, that'll do for today."
:: calls George RR Martin ::
"Hey George, get any writing done today?"
George: Yeah, "And then Daenerys had sex". Good one, eh?
:: takes notes ::
"You're a goddamn genius, a role model, and my personal hero."
George: Oh, I almost forgot, do you want to hear my next project title? It's called "Wherever Whores Go".
"Hey, mine too!"

Deleted member 3250193

AlterWorlds Writer
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2021
Looks interesting, but it looks like I was in the wrong section - I was looking for an RPG and here it is...
Bare Witness isn't an RPG, but on the right path you can play an RPG in it!

If you're interested in something a little more in line with the typical RPG experience, I recommend Between Two Worlds.

VaderExMachina

Nov 21, 2022
So as of CH4 we may have the following possible pregnancies:

Heidi
Sadie
Valeria (this one's guaranteed)
Nicole (this one feels wrong since she explicitly tells you to pull out)

Although i really hope we can get them all pregnant (especially on MASH), Jackson needs a giant family!!!

joweblowe

Dec 7, 2023
Bare Witness isn't an RPG, but on the right path you can play an RPG in it!

If you're interested in something a little more in line with the typical RPG experience, I recommend Between Two Worlds.
that game is an amazing one as well, i find it hard to choose between this and that if i am being honest

Aardvaark77

May 23, 2021
Let me preface this with 'I mat be blind and/or a moron', but I read back through the thread and I havent been able to find anything on the next update. Would someone please enlighten me?

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Let me preface this with 'I mat be blind and/or a moron', but I read back through the thread and I havent been able to find anything on the next update. Would someone please enlighten me?
The next update will be the last, as in it will be completed, they've been doing all the endings, plus whatever else I'm not aware of, prepping a Steam release as well that will follow shortly after.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Aizen93 and JohnJG

JohnJG

Engaged Member
May 17, 2018
The next update will be the last, as in it will be completed, they've been doing all the endings, plus whatever else I'm not aware of, prepping a Steam release as well that will follow shortly after.
Good to know. Thanks for the info on this Liberty. :coffee:

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Next update is the last and will have all the endings, that's why it's taking so long.

4.50 star(s) 227 Votes