DioVAnna

May 24, 2020
Not enough to worry about it. Why are you so concerned? Just pick one...both work as well as each other as they are probably the two best modders around here.
It's not so much worry, but curiosity that has me beg the question. Why would these mod creators make mods for the same game that does exactly the same thing.
Why invest the time in a mod doesn't add anything meaningfully different from the opposing mod.

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
It's not so much worry, but curiosity that has me beg the question. Why would these mod creators make mods for the same game that does exactly the same thing.
Why invest the time in a mod doesn't add anything meaningfully different from the opposing mod.
I didn't use either one, and enjoyed the game a lot. Both mods break my cheevos on Steam.
I did use the walkthrough to unlock all the scenes in the gallery though. (y)

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
it's not a competition, at least the decent mods don't take it that way. Some just like doing it for the community. And the players just benefit from more options.

DioVAnna

May 24, 2020
it's not a competition, at least the decent mods don't take it that way. Some just like doing it for the community. And the players just benefit from more options.
I know why they do it, it wasn't a philosophical question. I swear when it comes to mods, no one willing to compare or even criticize.
Not that I ask anyone to criticize these mod authors. I've seen their walkthrough mods for tons of games and they are all well made.
I just wanted a comparison, but that doesn't seem likely happen. So I did the leg work and it seems the Sancho1969 mod has more Features. The Joker Leader mod is for people who just want a walkthrough mod.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
I know why they do it, it wasn't a philosophical question. I swear when it comes to mods, no one willing to compare or even criticize.
Not that I ask anyone to criticize these mod authors. I've seen their walkthrough mods for tons of games and they are all well made.
I just wanted a comparison, but that doesn't seem likely happen. So I did the leg work and it seems the Sancho1969 mod has more Features. The Joker Leader mod is for people who just want a walkthrough mod.
that's true, when looking at features Sancho's mods are pretty much unparalleled on the site, however he is MIA for quite a while now, so for games in active development it may be worth to look at other options. No one knows what happened or if he will be back :confused:

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
DioVAnna

Jokerleader's Mod is a pure Gallery Unlock and Highlight Choices Mod.
Sancho's Mod has more features like:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Both doing what they announce very well. But since Sancho's Mod goes deep into the Script of the orighinal Game, you'll have to wait for an update to continue playing, every time a new VN update drops.

DaFinker

Apr 24, 2024
DioVAnna

Jokerleader's Mod is a pure Gallery Unlock and Highlight Choices Mod.
Sancho's Mod has more features like:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Both doing what they announce very well. But since Sancho's Mod goes deep into the Script of the orighinal Game, you'll have to wait for an update to continue playing, every time a new VN update drops.
Sancho may no longer be a choice for unfinished VNs. He hasn't been seen since the end of June. He's either taking a long break or something may be wrong - he's in his mid 50s, which doesn't sound too old to me (I'm older by a couple of years it seems) but sometimes life bites you in the ass and puts you in the ground earlier than it should.

Hope he's fine and just taking a break, but it's unlike him to not be around. That, or he finally pissed off a mod and got the banhamer, which would also suck, but you know how things can be around here.

flaviopaganini

Feb 25, 2024
Sancho may no longer be a choice for unfinished VNs. He hasn't been seen since the end of June. He's either taking a long break or something may be wrong - he's in his mid 50s, which doesn't sound too old to me (I'm older by a couple of years it seems) but sometimes life bites you in the ass and puts you in the ground earlier than it should.

Hope he's fine and just taking a break, but it's unlike him to not be around. That, or he finally pissed off a mod and got the banhamer, which would also suck, but you know how things can be around here.
Sancho is going through problems in Texas due to a tornado; I don't remember in which topic he reported this.

MiltonPowers

Formerly 'Milton749'
Jul 26, 2023
Sancho is going through problems in Texas due to a tornado; I don't remember in which topic he reported this.
That was 7 weeks ago. I would have thought, he'd be able to get some sort of message out by now, if that's what the only issue was. I suspect something else has happened. Fingers crossed for the best for him and his loved ones.

4.40 star(s) 238 Votes