HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
But the fact is that it is OK in most of the world. Just not where it's red on this map:
View attachment 2418919
So? It's still not ok everywhere, what is so hard to understand about this?

Not to mention it doesn't really matter in the long run as long as the taboo stigma about incest is enough for the big payment companies. And as long as they see it as taboo, Patreon and others will follow their guidelines.

Jul 5, 2022
Besides, legal and taboo/discouraged/etc are two different things. It might be "legal" in some parts of the US/Canada (and I would assume western Europe/Oceanic), but it's definitely going to ostracize you if you participate in it.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I feel like the current discussion is ignoring the fact that none of these services seem to have a problem with this game, so ...

Mareeeeta

Sep 1, 2019
But the fact is that it is OK in most of the world. Just not where it's red on this map:
View attachment 2418919
Hum..
I'm from a blue country and it's definitely not okay...

We introduced a Love Interest for our next game "Heaven's Door" on our Patreon which you can see here for free!

Hope you like her, and would love to hear your thoughts!

She looks really cute
Good luck to make a better character than Heidi though, if this is even possible.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Slockie

Wonko_the_Sane*

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2021
Because that's not how software versioning works at all.
Sure it is. The major version number (first number) of a complete release should be 1. If the next update only makes it a completed *minor* version it should be 0.1.0 (with the existing one being 0.0.4 — the third number representing patches to the minor version, or updates).

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Sure it is. The major version number (first number) of a complete release should be 1. If the next update only makes it a completed *minor* version it should be 0.1.0 (with the existing one being 0.0.4 — the third number representing patches to the minor version, or updates).
That is one of the more common ways to do it sure but hardly a rule. A dev can of course use what ever they wish for version numbering.

Reactions: Ilhares

Filipis

Nov 15, 2022
That is one of the more common ways to do it sure but hardly a rule. A dev can of course use what ever they wish for version numbering.
They are free to do so. And, consequently, I am free to question those rather unusual choices in naming conventions.
As Wonko pointed out, the (first version) completed game is 1.0, with smaller updates being 1.x - and in some cases, hotfixes/patches to those versions is 1.x.y.

I have no problem with Bare Witness going from 0.4b to 1.0, but it is strange that they're doing so. Perhaps the developer decided to finish the game faster than anticipated, and hence had no need to publish the in-between versions we may have otherwise gotten?

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
Signaling the completion of a project is neither the purpose nor the responsability of a versioning number.

The first number (major) should be incresed at every breaking change. Now, what "breaking change" actually means is quite generic by design since its concept varies depending on the type of project.
For a VN that releases chapter-based nothing describes a breaking change better than a new chapter, since new chapter means new content and that's a breaking change for the user. So the first number (major) should be incresed for every new chapter.

The second number (minor) should be incresed at every release of new content that doesn't constitutes a breaking change. I can't think of any scenarios for this, so it should stay at zero or it can be skipped entirely.

The third number (revision) should be used for hotfixes only.

So the current release v0.4b should really be called v4.0.2 or v4.2 to simplify.

Now I'm not such a purist that I'll start calling 1.0 a heresy, it gets the job done after all. Besides I've been around here long enough to witness some of the worst versioning ever conceived. But at the same time it should not be expected of devs to use just that versioning schema.
I have no problem with Bare Witness going from 0.4b to 1.0, but it is strange that they're doing so. Perhaps the developer decided to finish the game faster than anticipated, and hence had no need to publish the in-between versions we may have otherwise gotten?
The plan was always for the game to be short. Originally 6 chapters were planned but it was decreased to 5 after chapter 3.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
For all those confused about the naming convention of THESE AVNs (NOT major corporation/programing community/etc. standards) ... there isn't one.

The MOSTLY USED one is to only use a 1.x for finished content, but this isn't guaranteed.

Versions prior to said finished content usually correspond to updates, so 0.1 is the first release, 0.2 a second release, 0.2x or 0.2.x is an update to a second release, 0.12 is the 12th release prior to a finished version, etc. Some single games will be broken up into "Seasons" with each season being a separate program that needs to be loaded, and some just break up into 2 or 3 programs to reduce the file-size people have to download each time a new version is released, and those can come with a variety of numbering conventions, which are similar to what I talk about in the next paragraph:

If there's a Part 2 of a game after a Part 1, some Part 1's will be 1.x, and then the Part 2 will start with 2.1; others Part one might be .14 and part 2 might start with .15, yet others will finish Part 1 as 1.x and then Part 2 will be branded as a whole new game and start back at 0.1.

That's what you get when most of the people here are amateurs trying their hand at something for fun.

In the case of Bare Witness, there's going to be five chapters, each released as a new version, so there was 0.1, 0.2, 0.3, 0.4, and then chapter five will probably be 1.0 since it's supposed to be the end of the game (not actually sure if there were that many releases, but that's how the naming has been). All the "fixes" and "bug updates" have been letters after the numbers, so they've been consistent at least.

Anyway, that's my rant. Welcome to F95Zone.

jak1165

Mar 10, 2018
You shut your whore mouth.
The Fellowship benefits the most. And while I strongly dislike the EE for the sequels when compared to the theatrical cuts, the final release cut all of Christopher Lee out of Return of the King, which is pretty unforgivable.

But yeah, I dont need Merry and Pippin and their fart joke nonsense when they're chilling with Treebeard. It adds nothing to the movie.

jak1165

Mar 10, 2018
I find it pretty telling that skiing now has the really boujee rep it does. My family was not rich at all growing up and a ski vacation was something that happened every winter. It obviously depends on where you live but weekend passes werent expensive and if its something you actually do more than once a year, owning your own equipment saved a ton

So "skiing with the rich chick" is still a weird thing to me

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I don't normally play harem games but i really like this one i prefer the heidi and athena route myself even though harem is most likey the Canon one. I like how there are actual consequences if you focus on only heidi i tried that route and felt like an arsehole.

Reactions: Ilhares
4.50 star(s) 214 Votes