SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
For those who are struggling to play this game due to pacing I strongly suggest you turn on fast mode. I really like that this is an actual game and not just a VN but the biggest pain point for me was how damn long everything takes. Turning on fast mode made the world of difference and now plays fairly smoothly.
The downside of Fast Mode (of course, not skip mode), is that the pacing of sound, music tempo and some special effects (talking about fast change of images on determined moments) will be wrong. So basically, it reduces percived value of important scenes. But of course, I know some players play without sound nor music (Heathens! xD).

What I do not recommend is using Skip mode (aka ultra fast mode) very often, (while repeating scenes & stuff),'cause it can lead to bugs and crashes on some systems.

One of these days I'll code that the damn background effect (the smooth movement on images) will work on unscaled time (so don't go faster too). It was not possible to code that before the engine update for 0.21.

Reactions: BasedWilson

anon280

Nov 11, 2017
so how do i seal a deal with Penketh? if it involves getting paper, i'm locked out from going to Leffrin because it says i need to close a deal with Penketh

Joey the mangaka

Sep 18, 2018
so how do i seal a deal with Penketh? if it involves getting paper, i'm locked out from going to Leffrin because it says i need to close a deal with Penketh
What path are you?
You has wood in the inventory?

And for papers.
Need talk with Tobias and touch wood

anon280

Nov 11, 2017

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
not sure what to say with path. the button shows this: View attachment 3895036

yes
when i drag wood to Baralis, he says he has no use for it

if Tobias is in Leffrin, I can't enter because the game wants me to close a deal with Penketh first.
do i have to start over for this then?
There is Tutorial Message that says that you need to close the deal wathever bad it is. You'll be able to change it later.

Reactions: anon280

Leox1x

Sep 1, 2018
Hello,the Mayor frenship patch is budget or something, can't get 4 affinity.

Last edited:

jackeasy

Aug 23, 2017
Just to comment since I see a lot of people experiencing confusion with the mayor.

It does seem like the mayor's affinity milestones were changed. Guides for previous versions list specific steps to get affinity 4 and be his friend (for access to Robin) before moving on to later chapters. However even if you follow the optimal steps now, it says that you aren't close enough to the mayor to talk to him in the tavern. That includes doing the potion quest, choosing the correct deal option, giving him the correct letters and choosing the option that increases his affinity the most.

I assume it's because you have to get the Gold Tunstead wine from Hartlepool and gift it to him as it hints towards giving him some kind of gift in the built-in flowchart, but this wasn't previously the case.

sultantan

Jul 29, 2024
Maybe I'm mistaken, but I believe I believe that there were some plans to port BfL to spanish? Is that still a thing?

lexlexx

Mar 10, 2018
.... a charismatic, handsome and middle-aged (for the times) Knight .... what does "for the times" mean?
"for the times" meaning he was "charismatic, handsome and middle-aged" for what would of been 100s of years ago, don't forget that things like what is attractive, have changed over the years.

4.40 star(s) 58 Votes