Joey the mangaka

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2018

Unlocked
Closed Beta 0.14.beta1
(Previously known as 0.13.Part2.Beta1.a)

I changed the numbers because the naming was starting to be absurd, and anyway, after previously known 0.13.Part2 is concluded, next update will be 0.20, as mentioned in the past.

Meykyumabeet

Apr 19, 2020
Why does the main character looks so old? He looks older than his mother! His skinny face look like that of a old man,the white beard just make it worse... I dont know if he is intended to be the more atractive looking man on the game, but sure there are some better looking than him. Very interesting plot and interest gameplay, THE LOOKS OF THE WOMEN ARE GREAN, but something should definitely change for the main character. His mother is also very sexy, I hope theres incest.

MrMax

Sep 30, 2017
Why does the main character looks so old? He looks older than his mother! His skinny face look like that of a old man,the white beard just make it worse... I dont know if he is intended to be the more atractive looking man on the game, but sure there are some better looking than him. Very interesting plot and interest gameplay, THE LOOKS OF THE WOMEN ARE GREAN, but something should definitely change for the main character. His mother is also very sexy, I hope theres incest.
Considering that this is supposed to be based on the middle ages, the creator was vary generous with the looks overall - and with the cleanliness might I add O.O

Joey the mangaka

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2018

Unlocked
Closed Beta 0.14.beta1
(Previously known as 0.13.Part2.Beta1.a)

I changed the numbers because the naming was starting to be absurd, and anyway, after previously known 0.13.Part2 is concluded, next update will be 0.20, as mentioned in the past.
Link to
-Includes around an hour of gameplay and cutscenes. More than 300 mainstory stills, more than 20 animations, and 1500 new dialogue lines.
Beware Testers!:
-This is a "beta beta"; does not try to be polished as a final release. Allows testers to check all new content and report bugs, but many freeroaming parts are inconcluded (some will be filled in the next few days while I get feedback, some when Full release comes up).
-Don't overwrite your saves in case there is something important to fix (variables or inventory wise).
-There are two important saving points: Before concluding the negotiation, and after returning from it.
Things that this beta includes:
-Full Canary Trail Diplopath and rewards related to it.
-One important Hartlepool resolution (for both paths).
-Akros Manor extra scene. (Hannah)
-Penketh needed new interactions.
-Shinies.
Things that will be added in a few days:
-Replays of most unique scenes (Use those recomended saving points :p)
-Quest tracker is not updated for the most part.
-Some missing icons.
-Any missing non important freeroam conversation that could be considered more important than I thought at first glance.
Things that this beta doesn't include and will be in the full release:
-Full Canary Trail Warpath and rewards related to it.
-All mercenaries related coding and final resolutions.
-Other important Hartlepool resolution.
-Leffrin resolution events.
-One extra Kaelkirk event.
-Meanwhile at Grassmere scene
-Anything more that time allows me and I see fit.

Fixed bugs: (0.14.b1.b)
-Problems with some freeroam after the end of the content.
-And old animation of Robin fixed.

I'll keep editing this post.

Joey the mangaka

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2018

0.14, 0.15, 0.20, 2020 plans Devlog.

A quick unload of information: (TL;DR)

What was done in August: Coding and releasing of 0.14Beta1 (previously named 0.13.Part2, half of it), with an hour of gameplay, a full path, and extra scenes.
What I'm doing this week: Start Coding 0.15 (needed to prepare the polished Patreon Release of 0.14, that I hope to release probably at the end of the week)
What I'm doing this month: (Try to) Release 0.15 Closed Beta.

In depth:
Making sense of changes on version numbers:

Even if I tried to make version numbers stick to the planned complete content/quests, due to the length of some of them and the chaos of version numbering it is better to just stick to simple numbers, even if they don't include complete quests or my full plans. A quarter of 2020 has been plagued by technical problems that had made me postpone and divide releases, so now I'm trying to fix the version numbering problems. . If you want to know in depth my exact reasoning for specific version numbering keep reading, if not, just skip to 0.15/0.20 or 2020 plans part of the devlog.

PS: This image only refers to the Hartlepool mainstory content, as there is other content too, as you know, in the different updates.
PPS: Both 0.14 and 0.15 have Hartlepool mainstory endings, hence the overlap.
About 0.13, 0.14 and 0.15:

-Taking in consideration 0.13.Part 1 was long enough as a proper major update, I'll consider 0.13.Part 1 as 0.13.
-Taking in consideration the length of the first released half part of previously known as 0.13part2, (0.14.Beta1), when I make the final version of 0.14 (Probably this week) I'll release it as 0.14.
But as it only contain One of the major choices of Hartlepool's main quest, I'll not release it to public, but yes for all patrons. (So 0.14 it will be a Patreon Release instead of a public one). (and for testers, yes, it will contain a bit more of content that Beta1)
-Why? I don't feel like is a good idea releasing to the general public just an option when there should be two, cause may be misleading for those who don't read changelog or aren't really into the game, but there is no sense on not letting all the patrons enjoying the new available content ;).

-0.15 Will contain the full planned Hartlepool Main Story Quest content plus all the extras (that I've explained on previous patreon posts), and after the Closed Beta period will be a regular Public Release. And as said in the TL;DR, I'll keep working to release it as soon as possible (but as it will be at least another hour of gameplay, will take around a month of code)
-0.20 will be the next update after 0.15, and as planned; Kaelkirk quests + Gypsy Camp content as polled, with a bit extra Penketh content.
(why the jump in numeration? Because talking in consideration the height of where we are in the game, numbers should try to match the travel to 1.0 complete game.
That means that probably by the end of Chapter 3 we'll be talking about at least 0.40 version.
Final 2020 plans:

Along the rest of updates of the year I'll be implementing:
-The new romance menu. A place when one can track different opportunity paths on special romances on individualized menus (the different paths having to do with Special Choices or Cardinal Stat different choices), giving more importance to the most important romance options, while secondary and tertiary romances will just have minor menus (more alike the current menu)
-The companion system: The companion system will appear at the end of 0.15, or in 0.20. It will track with whom Sir Patrik is travelling with, and will allow interactions with the companions depending on what location they are, and will allow to trigger new scenes in different locations.
-Companion events: Along the next updates after 0.15 I'll be adding here and there events for the companion system. (Hence the system may not be yet in 0.15 if there is no special events yet to show). Those events will be sometimes on the locations I'm working on the update, sometimes for previous locations / previous moments of the game.
Content to be expected to appear on the rest of 2020 updates:
-Akros Manor upgrades events.
-Additional Penketh Content
-Complete Kaelkirk location events and mainstory.
-Leffrin Knights/Irena events
-(Hopefully) Start of Grassmere mainstory.
And finally:
-We are quite on the clock as I wished and expected to be finishing Chapter 2 by the starts of 2021.
-Since there has been a pair of months finally without technical issues and probably I'll have the extra budget to buy a new motherboard/cpu etc(really needed to work better), I'll be expecting regular mid and major updates every two months top, at least until we hit a very big update (like final chapter 2 update).
I'll edit this post if I see I forget something relevant.

Have a nice September!
Personally, the more I get away from the heat, the better :p

PS: I'll be making the extra platform versions (win32,Linux,MAC, and try android again, after the release of 0.15

Gnodab

Feb 4, 2018
This looks very neat and promising.

One Question though, apologies if it was asked prior :

Is there a gallery mode in this? Given that it seems to be quite long, i'd love to be able to rewatch scenes and not make savegames before they happen like in other games that don't have a gallery mode or something.

Cheers!

Joey the mangaka

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2018

Is there a gallery mode in this? Given that it seems to be quite long, i'd love to be able to rewatch scenes and not make savegames before they happen like in other games that don't have a gallery mode or something.

Cheers!
Yes talk to other people example iva or in all room of mc in the armor have replay scenes
And have the replay of meanwhile in unlock in the menu

Pogo123

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2019
still think the story and scenario (middle age) is interesting, the girl are great shaped, quality is okay but is this first person/POV? cause i am no big fan of that + middle age during that time? i personally like to play older guys - or females (personally i would have loved to play that big butt girl from first preview pic in the lake hehe)
does he run a brothel later in the game? looks like it.

now that would be a game: running a brotherl and NTR watching sex with whores lol managing your whores, keep the happy. buy new ones and so on. HAHA

• Angry
Reactions: Necronlord3

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
still think the story and scenario (middle age) is interesting, the girl are great shaped, quality is okay but is this first person/POV? cause i am no big fan of that + middle age during that time? i personally like to play older guys - or females (personally i would have loved to play that big butt girl from first preview pic in the lake hehe)
does he run a brothel later in the game? looks like it.

now that would be a game: running a brotherl and NTR watching sex with whores lol managing your whores, keep the happy. buy new ones and so on. HAHA
Is not POV. I don't know why other people commented before also about POV too. In most some sex scenes there are some POV camera views here and there, but the less of them.

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019

Cheers!
Due to the very multiple paths, making a gallery that include story scenes is quite hell. Sex events can always be repeated and those how are not, can be remembered in game in the remember points of each zone (or will be able, for those not coded on the remember points yet). Also when I started coding the game I had the limitation of only be able to play scenes that occur on the level/town you were, that's why I started putting that Remember system on different zones.

BUT, with the engine update I made a pair of months ago, now I can replay any scene from any part of the game, so that open the door for a true gallery. but it will requiere a lot of time. In any case, I'm adding remembering code to most new scenes that I code now for when I had time to be coding that feature. ('Cause I'll have to go back and add that code to each scene too, and they're a lot).

Ithilion

Dec 25, 2018
Just started this one. It immediately loses points for not having the Linux version on par with the Windows one. It also gets a strike for the dodgy English (though I have to admit... Avani's gratuitous Greek made me chuckle). Another strike for some of the faces being ...odd.

Despite all that, it looks promising, and for all the minor flaws, it looks as if the developer at least tried. I'm suspecting it will only improve with time. I'll decide if I'm sticking with it after I've played a bit more.

Joey the mangaka

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2018

0.14 Patreon Release Changelog
Half of the possible endings of Hartlepool Main Story are here!
Now available for Field Leaders;
Remember there is additional information about plans and stuff at the

Summary:
-
More than one hour of gameplay.
-Around 1.700 lines of dialogue (for a total now of 11.000),
-More than 20 animations.
-New items and resources.
-Some really nice big moments!
Changelog 0.14 Patreon Release:
-Some Hartlepool resolutions wich contains:
-Full Diplopath to solve Rat Problems Quest, and rewards related to it.
-One of the ways of finishing Acallarian Ladykilller path.
-Penketh new interactions.
-Knightly Path Quest progression.
-Extra Hannah content on Akros Manor.
-Interactions with the new items and resources added everywhere.

-After finishing the update some things may look a bit on the air (same that happened with 0.13) waiting for the rest of resolutions that will come with 0.15, which will take around a month to code/finishing making some extra scenes.
General Fixes:
-Typos and general fixes (including performance)
-Some ways of passing night at hartlepool counting for numbers of days passed at Hartlepool (Usefull for some time based events)
-Canary Trail Sneak trip repeating in some old saves and not allowing progression to 0.14.
-Fixed a Robin Animation
-Fixed Penketh's Afinity menu not going away in some circumstances.

Things to expect on 0.15.
-Full Canary Trail Warpath and rewards related to it.
-All possible extra main story resolutions (Mercs, Belinda...)
-Hartlepool resolution Leffrin events.
-Remember cutscenes active on Hartlepool Fortress room for all scenes not available again due to paths taken.
-Meanwhile at Grassmere scene.
-Akros Manor Plus Ultra Quest Progression.
-Some Marzapan!
-Some Polled extra content.
-Everything will be ready to continue our travel in 0.20.

Known bugs on 0.14.c:

-For now none. There is a typo that doesn't show a variable in a conversation with the Meat Merchant, I'll fix that when I have to make a new release.

General troubleshooting if you have an old save where the sounds don't work:

-If you have a Save where sound and ambience doesn't sound (only music), opening the cutscene pause menu (during a cutscene) and closing it again for a moment fixing it.
I'm still searching for a definitive fix.
Have fun and stay safe!

4.50 star(s) 59 Votes