VN Ren'Py Completed Battle of the Bulges [v1.0] [EpicLust]

4.40 star(s) 127 Votes
Mar 18, 2018
I don't charge upfront because it's not fair to those who pledge towards the end of the month (they end up getting charged twice). But I'll look into it since so many people are willing to do what you tried to do. I have to find a way of undoing the upfront charge towards the end of a month though. Is that possible, does anyone know?
I don't have any paypal/similar type of account I'm afraid, so no, you can't cashapp me anything.

EDIT: upfront charging is a PERMANENT feature. So no, I won't be using it. Only a bit more than two weeks till public release anyway.
I still think it could only be beneficial for your business if you look into alternatives for would-be customers to have an option to pay you for a download link rather than have them wait for the public release.

EpicLust

Dev of Cockham Superheroes
Game Developer
May 30, 2017
I still think it could only be beneficial for your business if you look into alternatives for would-be customers to have an option to pay you for a download link rather than have them wait for the public release.
Normally, the point of patreon is to support the development of a game though. People should give what they feel the game development deserves within their means. It's not really about getting a "link".
I'll think about it, but it's a tough choice because upfront also means more bank charges and more of YOUR money being wasted on those charges...

Mar 18, 2018
Normally, the point of patreon is to support the development of a game though. People should give what they feel the game development deserves within their means. It's not really about getting a "link".
I'll think about it, but it's a tough choice because upfront also means more bank charges and more of YOUR money being wasted on those charges...
Well when I meant alternatives, I meant something along the lines of accepting cashapp payments or making a paypal just for those late arrivers, that way you don't have to change to an upfront payment system on Patreon and you still get those customers that arrive late without inconveniencing the people who pay every month. I think it's a win/win.

KarlHungus

Oct 6, 2017
I dont know then strength= has worked for me but strength doesnt really matter. If you need to change it you can change it and stamina at the top of the scripts for each day.
Strength actually plays a big role in lots of different scenarios. Being able to lift the heavy weights with Chantelle, Arm wrestling the lifeguard, and a few other places.

sjackson3939

Dec 23, 2017
Strength actually plays a big role in lots of different scenarios. Being able to lift the heavy weights with Chantelle, Arm wrestling the lifeguard, and a few other places.
yes but its quite easy to get enough of it without cheating I mean whereas money is a bit harder if you want enough money to buy everything. As long as your work out atleast once a day you can do all those scenes.

jak1165

Mar 10, 2018
I haven't tried to use any cheats but I imagine that overdoing it on strength would trigger the anti-cheat

sjackson3939

Dec 23, 2017
I haven't tried to use any cheats but I imagine that overdoing it on strength would trigger the anti-cheat
ya the two i found were audacious fighting guard on day 2 and mitch arm wrestling on day 3 and strength of 10 were charged with cheating.

Ayunena

Oct 24, 2017
Will there be more achievements on days 01-02-03 in v.0.4? Meaning - do I have to play from the beginning in v.0.4 ore I can prepare and play v.0.3.2 up to end of day 03?

EpicLust

Dev of Cockham Superheroes
Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Will there be more achievements on days 01-02-03 in v.0.4? Meaning - do I have to play from the beginning in v.0.4 ore I can prepare and play v.0.3.2 up to end of day 03?
To be honest, with the de-bugging I did with the $20 patreons, I can already tell you that v0.3.2 won't be compatible I'm afraid... Too many new variables ended up having to be declared at the beginning of day03... A day02 save should work though. But indeed, some achievements might require starting all over.

EDIT: actually, just one I believe, the "Lawbreaker" achievement, because the variable for having gone to jail on day02 is wrongly declared as False instead of True

Gert_Boomans

Apr 30, 2017
ya the two i found were audacious fighting guard on day 2 and mitch arm wrestling on day 3 and strength of 10 were charged with cheating.
Being able to pay for the gym subscription flags you as a cheater aswell, because who in their right mind has some 50 bucks spare in this game if you aren't cheating ;)! Also keep in mind that, the max number of strength you can get by training is 9 up untill day 04, so having a strength higher then 8 by day 03 is obviously done by cheating

mrfurphie

Jul 4, 2017
So i remember you saying you were shortening the wait for public release, what is the date of public release now?

Rattatonga

Nov 8, 2017
Well Well Tim, some time has passed and I gotta say, its nice to see you got this rolling. Patreon also racked up quite a nice sum. I hope it supports you well, also I hope that your game and its fetishes (muscle, huge dongs etc) may entices others to create content with em. Its like, there are enough games not serving those points(and those are fun too), bu I think we could use some more game content like BoB has. And seeing how support for BoB .." grows" *cough* it shows there is a niche (hope that makes sense) for it.

So thx for your work, and keep at it :)

jak1165

Mar 10, 2018
Being able to pay for the gym subscription flags you as a cheater aswell, because who in their right mind has some 50 bucks spare in this game if you aren't cheating ;)! Also keep in mind that, the max number of strength you can get by training is 9 up untill day 04, so having a strength higher then 8 by day 03 is obviously done by cheating
50 bucks is extremely easy tho

4.40 star(s) 127 Votes