VN Ren'Py Completed Battle of the Bulges [v1.0] [EpicLust]

4.40 star(s) 127 Votes

EpicLust

Dev of Cockham Superheroes
Game Developer
May 30, 2017
How much do I have to manage stuff to get the best outcome in this version or in the final version? Will I be able to play it without a walkthrough or will I miss out on a lot if I don't do the right things at the right time, or if I miss a critical opportunity? I just find it a bit of a hassle with games where a lot of things can go wrong and you can't fix it without loading.
Well, first of all, there's something called "rollback" with the mouse wheel to go back and make other choices... It's not disabled in this game. There are no perfect choices anyway, some scenes are random, and everything might depend on the progression of José, which is also random. Hence, a lot of replayability. But there are no "terrible bad choices" that can stop you from winning the game as such.

DarkSouls40k

Jan 14, 2018
First of all Id like to say this is by far the best western adult game I have played, the story/comedy are very well executed (this is where alot of VNs fail drastically) i loved 0.21 and also love the variety and quality of the pictures / models.

I see the developer mentioning randomness in jose actions (we already knew of random encounters like who u get in the school corridor). I generally see that as a negative point cause its just u rolling back till u get an outcome u desire, so , I would prefer a option to choose. Since we only had one day to play so far it doesnt feel like a drag but on the long run one needs to be careful for randomness to not become annoying and frustrating.

A direct question to the developer: Design philosophy wise being Jose random and all will it be possible to get them all in one playthrough ?

Lastly keep up the awesome work, and keep that quality high ur on the right track :) !!!

Reactions: EpicLust

EpicLust

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
First of all Id like to say this is by far the best western adult game I have played, the story/comedy are very well executed (this is where alot of VNs fail drastically) i loved 0.21 and also love the variety and quality of the pictures / models.

I see the developer mentioning randomness in jose actions (we already knew of random encounters like who u get in the school corridor). I generally see that as a negative point cause its just u rolling back till u get an outcome u desire, so , I would prefer a option to choose. Since we only had one day to play so far it doesnt feel like a drag but on the long run one needs to be careful for randomness to not become annoying and frustrating.

A direct question to the developer: Design philosophy wise being Jose random and all will it be possible to get them all in one playthrough ?

Lastly keep up the awesome work, and keep that quality high ur on the right track :) !!!
The randomness in the scenes you mentioned is just in the order of appearance. If you meet Kate the first day, you'll meet Brittany the second and vice-versa. There's no particular reason to prefer one over the other on day02...
And again, the randomness in Jose's lust points is to add replayability. That way, every game should be different in terms of what to prioritize. It doesn't preclude from being able to progress with a girl he's already fucked by the way...

Reactions: DarkSouls40k

Crawdaddy

Aug 26, 2017
Looking forward to the next update. I checked the last few pages, but couldn't see if there was any mention of a date of planned release. Is there any?

Also, is there a walkthrough at this point?

EpicLust

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Looking forward to the next update. I checked the last few pages, but couldn't see if there was any mention of a date of planned release. Is there any?

Also, is there a walkthrough at this point?
The answer is no for both questions... Still working on it and I'm not writing any walkthrough on my side.

EpicLust

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Saw the previews, they look nice. Can't wait to see the next day.
What I can say so far is that the final 4 new "in-game" girls are introduced, and 5 new "non in-game" girls and 3 new male characters can be met too. This brings the total number of interactive NPC characters to almost 50!

Krenanrian

Nov 2, 2017
Good luck on development. The game is nice so far. I didn't like the sister very much, but all other women are great. Is it going to be possible to get all girls before your rival?

Reactions: EpicLust

EpicLust

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Good luck on development. The game is nice so far. I didn't like the sister very much, but all other women are great. Is it going to be possible to get all girls before your rival?
It should mathematically be possible, that's all I can say...

Here are the new pics I posted on my blog, since someone already reposted them here a couple of posts above this one but in a rather weird format...

debbyoffice01.jpg gloryhole01.jpg gym05.jpg guidance03.jpg hallesea04.jpg katepool06.jpg

xhoni spica

Donor
Aug 9, 2017
It should mathematically be possible, that's all I can say...

Here are the new pics I posted on my blog, since someone already reposted them here a couple of posts above this one but in a rather weird format...

View attachment 75303 View attachment 75307 View attachment 75308 View attachment 75309 View attachment 75311 View attachment 75312
I screenshot your images from web wheen gone be ready v0.3 waiting for the stud and do you have a patron to support your game i really like this game.

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
Does math play much of a role in Jose's conquest? I don't want to look at the code for it but the mechanics feel to me that Jose is going to get at least one girl before you in the first couple of days, there is not enough time for the MC to cock block him enough with all the girls available. Without cheating time that is.

I like the new variety of girls, but that glory hole scene, I get the feeling the MC is stuck there until someone makes him cum.

EpicLust

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Does math play much of a role in Jose's conquest? I don't want to look at the code for it but the mechanics feel to me that Jose is going to get at least one girl before you in the first couple of days, there is not enough time for the MC to cock block him enough with all the girls available. Without cheating time that is.

I like the new variety of girls, but that glory hole scene, I get the feeling the MC is stuck there until someone makes him cum.
José will get way less lust points added in the coming days. He had a ton on day02, because so did the MC (who can still get way more than him btw, see the highest score obtained on this thread, I think it was 76 or 77, José is stuck at 48-51 I believe).
But of course, so will the MC.
Day02 was basically an extravaganza of lust points because most in-game girls were introduced.

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
José will get way less lust points added in the coming days. He had a ton on day02, because so did the MC (who can still get way more than him btw, see the highest score obtained on this thread, I think it was 76 or 77, José is stuck at 48-51 I believe).
But of course, so will the MC.
Day02 was basically an extravaganza of lust points because most in-game girls were introduced.
I haven't played yet for score, mostly played to explore then learning how to manipulate that wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey stuff so I could meet all the girls in the time allotted. When this gets longer I'll play like that and see, but good to know the tilt is in my favor.

EpicLust

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
I screenshot your images from web wheen gone be ready v0.3 waiting for the stud and do you have a patron to support your game i really like this game.
Thanks for enjoying my game but no, I don't have a patreon and no, I don't have a release date.

EpicLust

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
I got one transcript from a voice actress who plays the principal. I just made a shortened version of the game for her to see her own handiwork. It basically only includes the scenes with the principal.
Grab it while you can if you want to hear her lovely voice, cos I don't have a proper mega account...

4.40 star(s) 127 Votes