3.30 star(s) 4 Votes

Nosebecc

Game Developer
Jan 10, 2020
Oh yeah, definitely don't give away the location of any hidden passages or be able to warp around the map, I think that might kill the appeal of the game. It's not that confusing if you pay attention, I just thought it would be a bit more intuitive to navigate the map.

Edit: I give up on the night armband puzzle. I get like 30 precious minutes of alone time after work each day so if someone could DM me it would much appreciated.
Don't know if someone already helped you with that puzzle, but I'll at least give a hint for everyone:
Everything must always stay symmetrical.

neospawn9

Oct 20, 2017
Love the game but for the life of me i can't figure out the tea set puzzle.Or the location of 5 recipes or if the door in the south of the village opens. hints would be nice but otherwise very good game.

Reactions: frillynonsense

Nosebecc

Game Developer
Jan 10, 2020
Love the game but for the life of me i can't figure out the tea set puzzle.Or the location of 5 recipes or if the door in the south of the village opens. hints would be nice but otherwise very good game.
Thanks! That door does open, you need to use one of your abilities in the UI. I do plan on adding an optionnal hint system in the future to make things a bit easier. And yeah that teaset puzzle is pretty much the ultimate test in the demo, it's important to think with triple selects for that one. Good luck ^^

neospawn9

Oct 20, 2017
welp after 4 days i still cant solve the tea set so i'm giving up.if i had 8 moves i could do it but with 7 i just can't figure it out
unless someone can pm me the opening move.

Oct 30, 2018
Don't know if someone already helped you with that puzzle, but I'll at least give a hint for everyone:
Everything must always stay symmetrical.
I got a hint from someone and then felt pretty dumb when I realized the solution. None of your puzzles are very difficult, they just take a little bit of thinking (something absolutely rare for a game such as this).

There is only one thing I haven't figured out. The light above the doors between 1F and B1F. Does anyone know what their purpose is?

Last edited:

Nosebecc

Game Developer
Jan 10, 2020
I got a hint from someone and then felt pretty dumb when I realized the solution. None of your puzzles are very difficult, they just take a little bit of thinking (something absolutely rare for a game such as this).

There is only one thing I haven't figured out. The light above the doors between 1F and B1F. Does anyone know what their purpose is?
These are simply to make it easier to notice stairs. There is now a walkthrough available by the way, in case you're wondering wether you missed something or not :

I'll add it the first post while I'm at it.

Reactions: James Eveleth

Zetsuko

Sep 22, 2016
I gotta love people saying they want a stay small-sized option for boobs/Thicc...In a game called BREAST EXPANSION Witches. Dat was funny.

Like asking for "turn off shotting" in a shooter. Name says it all.

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
I gotta love people saying they want a stay small-sized option for boobs/Thicc...In a game called BREAST EXPANSION Witches. Dat was funny.

Like asking for "turn off shotting" in a shooter. Name says it all.
I believe it's more a matter of freedom of choice. Some people might not like breasts bigger than the girls head, while some find them extremely arousing. After using the orbs to empower the MCs you can switch between their breast sizes, but you can't do the same for the monster girls. If you reach your perfect size for a certain monster girl you might want her to stay that way, but currently that's not possible.

Zetsuko

Sep 22, 2016
I believe it's more a matter of freedom of choice. Some people might not like breasts bigger than the girls head, while some find them extremely arousing. After using the orbs to empower the MCs you can switch between their breast sizes, but you can't do the same for the monster girls. If you reach your perfect size for a certain monster girl you might want her to stay that way, but currently that's not possible.
I get your point, but I still find it funny that people want to lower breast size in a game called Breast Expansion witches. I get it, you like the gameplay and puzzles, but the game is about BE <-- Hence why it's got BE in the name.

Would being able to choose be nice? Yeah, buuuuut...Eh, idono man, you know what you came for, and it wasn't small breasts.(And if you did, you only got yourself to blame for your dissapointment)

I mean, the breast sizes in this game aren't extreme until maybe the 7th Stage(Which you can see in PAT-reon), I could see it happening later in the game with more extreme sizes, not with just "Anime standart big" sizes.

Nosebecc

Game Developer
Jan 10, 2020
Yeah I mean I like BE obviously, but I also appreciate all sizes. That's why I added a way to select your favorite size in the Spell card menu ^^
I don't want to force anyone to look at mega boobs if they don't like it.

hijikato

Oct 27, 2019
I don't know if someone asked this already, but you intend to add NSFW art at some point in the game?

also, PLEASE, add a tutorial from the get go, I spent nearly 10 minutes trying to figure out how to move, then I realized it was the arrow at the UI, like, tried to click the door, tried to move with WASD and directional keys, tried to press everything on the keyboard and nothing, and just when I figured how to get out of the house, there was a tutorial.

I'm not the only one that saw this problem, because on a discord community some people were also confused and looking for some kind of walk-through, as many features of the game are not very intuitive.

After I finally left the room, I read the sign and everything, but the indications were too vague. "find the scarecrow west from here", that wasn't actually "west", but you had to go west, up, and then west again, and after that, I was lost again, and had to see your walkthrough in your site to see what I had to do next, and unless I read wrong, that's your first full demo, not beta version, because if it's so, that's a little worrying.

If you want my suggestion, have a real friend or relative that doesn't mind this kind of games, and it's not involved in the development to test the game, watch him as he/she plays and don't tell him anything at all, see if they can figure out what to do by their selves, if they can't, then you may have a problem. I play a lots of these kind of games, and used to many kinds of inputs, and I struggled to exit the very first room in the game. I'm a programmer, so I had to do this with some software too, to see if the product I was developing was intuitive enough for the people. That's also why a tester can't be a developer, because they won't be able to see the mistakes to it's full extent, as they may ignore some parts as it's easy for them to understand, as they developed it.

I'm saying this in the most constructive way possible, because I like the concept, and breast expansion is not a topic very fond of many game developers, and I wouldn't like to see a game with potential getting ditched just because it's s little too complex to play on.

I hope you don't take bad my criticism, I say it in good faith.

Nosebecc

Game Developer
Jan 10, 2020
I don't know if someone asked this already, but you intend to add NSFW art at some point in the game?

also, PLEASE, add a tutorial from the get go, I spent nearly 10 minutes trying to figure out how to move, then I realized it was the arrow at the UI, like, tried to click the door, tried to move with WASD and directional keys, tried to press everything on the keyboard and nothing, and just when I figured how to get out of the house, there was a tutorial.

I'm not the only one that saw this problem, because on a discord community some people were also confused and looking for some kind of walk-through, as many features of the game are not very intuitive.

After I finally left the room, I read the sign and everything, but the indications were too vague. "find the scarecrow west from here", that wasn't actually "west", but you had to go west, up, and then west again, and after that, I was lost again, and had to see your walkthrough in your site to see what I had to do next, and unless I read wrong, that's your first full demo, not beta version, because if it's so, that's a little worrying.

If you want my suggestion, have a real friend or relative that doesn't mind this kind of games, and it's not involved in the development to test the game, watch him as he/she plays and don't tell him anything at all, see if they can figure out what to do by their selves, if they can't, then you may have a problem. I play a lots of these kind of games, and used to many kinds of inputs, and I struggled to exit the very first room in the game. I'm a programmer, so I had to do this with some software too, to see if the product I was developing was intuitive enough for the people. That's also why a tester can't be a developer, because they won't be able to see the mistakes to it's full extent, as they may ignore some parts as it's easy for them to understand, as they developed it.

I'm saying this in the most constructive way possible, because I like the concept, and breast expansion is not a topic very fond of many game developers, and I wouldn't like to see a game with potential getting ditched just because it's s little too complex to play on.

I hope you don't take bad my criticism, I say it in good faith.
No worries, constructive criticism is always very welcome!

First of all, I didn't make it very clear, but this demo is an alpha. I plan on the next demo to be the beta version, with the actual beginning of the game, refined mechanics, and such.

The arrow keys can be used to move, however they require a double tap (just like the arrows on the UI require a double click). There is a setting to make it single click/tap. Based on what you said, I feel like having it activated by default would be the best solution for the demo along with a "?" sign in the first room, so I'll do just that. There will definitely be detailed tutorials in the final game, and I'll make sure to give the player new information over time instead of everything at once, which I'm aware can feel very overwhelming since there is a lot to know.

I did get a few people to test the game, however most of them already knew how to move around... No one really got lost though, but it's good to know I can rely on the walkthrough in case some do. Of course that's not acceptable for a finished game, but I can't afford the most time consumming solutions to fix this right now so I'll have to settle for this. The to be implemented tips/indications system and improved map should also help a lot with this.

Also, I don't plan on the game having sex/nudity. In that regard, it should be more or less comparable to Senran Kagura. More on the ecchi side.

Hope that answers all!
I'll upload a quick update to help with these issues ASAP ^^

hijikato

Oct 27, 2019
No worries, constructive criticism is always very welcome!

First of all, I didn't make it very clear, but this demo is an alpha. I plan on the next demo to be the beta version, with the actual beginning of the game, refined mechanics, and such.

The arrow keys can be used to move, however they require a double tap (just like the arrows on the UI require a double click). There is a setting to make it single click/tap. Based on what you said, I feel like having it activated by default would be the best solution for the demo along with a "?" sign in the first room, so I'll do just that. There will definitely be detailed tutorials in the final game, and I'll make sure to give the player new information over time instead of everything at once, which I'm aware can feel very overwhelming since there is a lot to know.

I did get a few people to test the game, however most of them already knew how to move around... No one really got lost though, but it's good to know I can rely on the walkthrough in case some do. Of course that's not acceptable for a finished game, but I can't afford the most time consumming solutions to fix this right now so I'll have to settle for this. The to be implemented tips/indications system and improved map should also help a lot with this.

Also, I don't plan on the game having sex/nudity. In that regard, it should be more or less comparable to Senran Kagura. More on the ecchi side.

Hope that answers all!
I'll upload a quick update to help with these issues ASAP ^^
A shame it doesn't contains NSFW, even if it was a payed feature I would be willing to pay, but if you don't want to add that, it's no problem, after all you already have an idea in mind doing the game.

I would recommend that, on the current version, add with the demo a savefile with the whole map discovered, or shortcuts to the features you want the people to test out, I say save-file so people can choose between testing what you want to be tested, and test how it is starting the game from scratch.

also, from time to time, you could add that the main characters says hints about what you should do, and trigger that like if the player doesn't do any action at all for like 15 seconds, like, if the player is lost on the beginning, make the character say after 15 seconds if no action (besides moving the mouse) is pressed: "I heard someone calling me outside the house, maybe I should go check it out."

or, if you get lost heading to the scarecrow, make the character say: "Mmm, I wonder if the scarecrow west from here could be a good training dummy..."

Nosebecc

Game Developer
Jan 10, 2020
A shame it doesn't contains NSFW, even if it was a payed feature I would be willing to pay, but if you don't want to add that, it's no problem, after all you already have an idea in mind doing the game.

I would recommend that, on the current version, add with the demo a savefile with the whole map discovered, or shortcuts to the features you want the people to test out, I say save-file so people can choose between testing what you want to be tested, and test how it is starting the game from scratch.

also, from time to time, you could add that the main characters says hints about what you should do, and trigger that like if the player doesn't do any action at all for like 15 seconds, like, if the player is lost on the beginning, make the character say after 15 seconds if no action (besides moving the mouse) is pressed: "I heard someone calling me outside the house, maybe I should go check it out."

or, if you get lost heading to the scarecrow, make the character say: "Mmm, I wonder if the scarecrow west from here could be a good training dummy..."
That's pretty much how the hint system will work! :D
For now, I've edited the text that tells the player to go to the scarecrow a little, this sould help.

Also yeah the save file thing is a good idea! I'll do just that, thank you ^^

Edit: Done!

Last edited:

johnsoncave

Dec 7, 2017
That's pretty much how the hint system will work! :D
For now, I've edited the text that tells the player to go to the scarecrow a little, this sould help.

Also yeah the save file thing is a good idea! I'll do just that, thank you ^^

Edit: Done!
Don't know if I am doing something wrong, but the save file seems empty

Nosebecc

Game Developer
Jan 10, 2020
Don't know if I am doing something wrong, but the save file seems empty
Yeah, the save file seems to be bugged somehow, I'm working on it. I'll update you as soon as I can confirm it works!

The save file was apparently corrupted, even though it still worked for me somehow... Weird stuff. This save should work:

I'll reupload the game and include that save instead soon!

Last edited:

johnsoncave

Dec 7, 2017
Yeah, the save file seems to be bugged somehow, I'm working on it. I'll update you as soon as I can confirm it works!

The save file was apparently corrupted, even though it still worked for me somehow... Weird stuff. This save should work:

Mega

I'll reupload the game and include that save instead soon!
Still doesn't work. Plus, if you try to save over it, the game crashes.

of Other Event: User Defined 0
for object obj_GameController:

Data structure with index does not exist.
at gml_Object_obj_GameController_Other_10
############################################################################################

Nosebecc

Game Developer
Jan 10, 2020
Damn, this bug is giving me some trouble. I'll keep working on it.

Edit: Alright, I decided to avoid the issue for the time being and instead uploaded a cheat version of the demo, with unlocked recipes, the ability to synthesize without having the necessary ingredients, and pre met requirement for amplification.

Last edited:
3.30 star(s) 4 Votes