4.40 star(s) 47 Votes

nIceKing

Oct 29, 2018
Sooo ~ basically Mods dont work with the current version and no cutscenes nor climax scenes work, since its pirated? According to the DC, some files are not embedded or smth, so the cutscenes arent implemented? I dont get it tbh

Voidzer

Jul 11, 2017
Can we get some preview pics of the actual game, I currently have zero idea what kind of game this even is.

Meh721

Jul 29, 2019
Can we get some preview pics of the actual game, I currently have zero idea what kind of game this even is.
its pretty much what the title of the game is. a rhythm game where you press buttons to the beat of a song while furries fuck each other to the beat. i don't have any screenshots of the game personally.

Axis3123

Apr 1, 2020
Usually, and don’t quote me on this, but mods don’t update screenshots as long as the game remains close to the same as the screenshots are. Of course, you can find contradictions, but that’s from what I’ve read in other threads.

Colt Zero

Mar 8, 2019
Okay so... I noticed the modding issue for the latest version of the game. And I decided to fix it. So in this post I'm including a few files.

One of which is a mod converter python script that converts old mods to the new format the game uses. (attached at bottom) All you need for using the mod converter is python 3 and an extracted mod folder for an older version of Beat Banger.

The command requires no arguments, just python3 mod_converter.py path/to/old mod. It will output a converted mod folder with a name extracted either from the meta.cfg or chart.cfg file with an added _v243 at the end. You can also specify path/to/old mod/chart.cfg or path/to/old mod/meta.cfg and that will work fine too.

There are 2 optional commands, --no_legacy_scaling(or -nl) and --no_voice(or -nv) to have it turn those features off. EDIT: I realized just now that I implemented the "shutter" functionality really poorly, so I decided to have it off by default, you can turn it back on with --use_shutter(or -us) but it's kinda bad for the time being, anyway... No voice in particular Shouldn't affect anything for vanilla because I set it up in such a way that the vanilla game shouldn't get any voices anyway (I did try to support it, but it wasn't working out well at all). And that's a good segway to get to my next point...

The other 2 files and are modded builds of the game. I accidentally-on-purpose wound up learning that it is extremely easy to decompile the game to a working source. So I used that as a base to make a modded version for both Windows and Linux. You don't need the modded versions of the game to play the converted mods, but you do need it for playing the mods with the voice banks intact. I will note that I removed the Discord feature from them entirely because that was actually causing some issues with me trying to run the vanilla windows build on my linux machine. EDIT: They should be fixed up now.

I will note that there is at least one issue with the mod converter right now in that I'm currently only estimating the song_length_in_beats value in settings.cfg based on the last_beat property from the old mods. And you'd think that would be enough but no, that doesn't equate to the song_length_in_beats. Without using an external library to find out the length of the song files, I'm hard pressed on getting the correct beat length. And the game can get stuck at the end of a track before the score screen if it isn't the right length. Not a game breaking issue, just no score screen, and you'd have to use the pause menu to exit to the main menu.

Anyway, that's all for now... Time to go back to making a level viewer/editor for a PS2 game.

UPDATE: I've now corrected some bugs and added an admittedly still incomplete feature to the pause menu in my modded builds. Some input text boxes to specify a time to jump to in the track. It only allows you to skip forward, and doesn't update everything immediately when you do the skip, they update when they hit their next keyframes. I'm kind of just not up to finishing it right now, I'm not even sure why I added the feature.

EDIT: And I should mention for those who aren't happy with the semi-randomly generated input sequences that my converter produces, you can edit them manually yourself in the produced notes.cfg file, the "input_type" for each note goes from 0 to 3 corresponding with one the 4 given key inputs the game has.

Last edited:

Meh721

Jul 29, 2019
Okay so... I noticed the modding issue for the latest version of the game. And I decided to fix it.
In this post I'm including a few files.

One of which is a mod converter python script that converts old mods to the new format the game uses. (attached at bottom) All you need for using the mod converter is python 3 and an extracted mod folder for an older version of Beat Banger.

The command requires no arguments, just python3 mod_converter.py path/to/old mod. It will output a
converted mod folder with a name extracted either from the meta.cfg or chart.cfg file with an added _v243 at the end.
You can also specify path/to/old mod/chart.cfg or path/to/old mod/meta.cfg and that will work fine too.

There are 2 optional commands, --no_legacy_scaling(or -nl) and --no_voice(or -nv) to have it turn those features off.
No voice in particular Shouldn't affect anything for vanilla because I set it up in such a way that the vanilla game shouldn't get any voices anyway (I did try to support it, but it wasn't working out well at all). And that's a good segway to get to my next point...

The other 2 files and are modded builds of the game. I accidentally-on-purpose wound up learning that it is extremely easy to decompile the game to a working source. So I used that as a base to make a modded version for both Windows and Linux. I'm not including the data folder with them, since you can still just use the data folder with the levels from the base game. You don't need the modded versions of the game to play the converted mods, but you do need it for playing the mods with the voice banks intact. I will note that I removed the Discord feature from them entirely because that was actually causing some issues with me trying to run the vanilla windows build on my linux machine. EDIT: The modded builds have some issues that I'm currently working on addressing, expect an update for them, maybe tomorrow.

I will note that there is at least one issue with the mod converter right now in that I'm currently only estimating the song_length_in_beats value in settings.cfg based on the last_beat property from the old mods. And you'd think that would be enough but no, that doesn't equate to the song_length_in_beats. Without using an external library to find out the length of the song files, I'm hard pressed on getting the correct beat length. And the game can get stuck at the end of a track before the score screen if it isn't the right length. Not a game breaking issue, just no score screen, and you'd have to use the pause menu to exit to the main menu.

Anyway, that's all for now... Time to go back to making a level viewer/editor for a PS2 game.
you sir are amazing. thank you. now its time for me to go back to doing nothing productive with my life lol.

Jun 27, 2019
Okay so... I noticed the modding issue for the latest version of the game. And I decided to fix it.
In this post I'm including a few files.

The command requires no arguments, just python3 mod_converter.py path/to/old mod. It will output a
converted mod folder with a name extracted either from the meta.cfg or chart.cfg file with an added _v243 at the end.
You can also specify path/to/old mod/chart.cfg or path/to/old mod/meta.cfg and that will work fine too.

There are 2 optional commands, --no_legacy_scaling(or -nl) and --no_voice(or -nv) to have it turn those features off.
No voice in particular Shouldn't affect anything for vanilla because I set it up in such a way that the vanilla game shouldn't get any voices anyway (I did try to support it, but it wasn't working out well at all). And that's a good segway to get to my next point...

The other 2 files and are modded builds of the game. I accidentally-on-purpose wound up learning that it is extremely easy to decompile the game to a working source. So I used that as a base to make a modded version for both Windows and Linux. I'm not including the data folder with them, since you can still just use the data folder with the levels from the base game. You don't need the modded versions of the game to play the converted mods, but you do need it for playing the mods with the voice banks intact. I will note that I removed the Discord feature from them entirely because that was actually causing some issues with me trying to run the vanilla windows build on my linux machine. EDIT: The modded builds have some issues that I'm currently working on addressing, expect an update for them, maybe tomorrow.

Awesome work!

Do you know if you'd be able to upload the unpacked project files? It would be great being able to mod the game itself.

Colt Zero

Mar 8, 2019
Updated my original post with more up to date files. I fixed bugs and added a little feature to the modded builds.

you sir are amazing. thank you. now its time for me to go back to doing nothing productive with my life lol.
Thanks. Is it easy enough to use the converter?

Awesome work!

Do you know if you'd be able to upload the unpacked project files? It would be great being able to mod the game itself.
Decomping it yourself is literally super easy. Just get and do the command gdre_tools --recover=beatbanger.pck
Then get and open the project file extracted with the above tools.

Last edited:

Meh721

Jul 29, 2019
Updated my original post with more up to date files. I fixed bugs and added a little feature to the modded builds.

Decomping it yourself is literally super easy. Just get and do the command gdre_tools --recover=beatbanger.pck
well I didn't bother messing with the windows modded version, because whenever you try loading any level it crashes immediately (there's probably a simple fix, but I'm lazy and today is my last day off from work this week so I'm playing ark survival and wont be worrying about it atm. however, the mod converter... I will work on that over the course of this week while I'm home from work. I am absolutely dogshite with anything involving python, even if its something simple. I will let you know how it works though if I can get it to work.

Colt Zero

Mar 8, 2019
well I didn't bother messing with the windows modded version, because whenever you try loading any level it crashes immediately
Ah... I missed one little piece in the Project settings referencing the Discord stuff I removed. That might have been it, gotta update the builds again. Hopefully that will fix it. I did notice that the Windows build is having audio issues on my end, but that could be because I'm running it via Wine, since I'm a Linux user. Edit: Oh, it could also be that you didn't put it where the game's data folder is. Whatever, I'm just including the data folder in the builds now, to prevent confusion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Meh721
Jun 27, 2019

I tried using GDRE tools and similar programs, but none of them have worked. GDRE closes instaly upon opening, and using the commandline also doesn't appear to work, it outputs a generic error message simply

Just incase someone encounters a similar problem. When using the command "gdre_tools --recover=beatbanger.pck" a generic "command not recognized" error message occured for me. To fix it, replace "gdre_tools" with the full pathway to the program .exe file, and also replace the .pck file with the full pathway as well. You can get the full pathway of a file by holding shift and right-clicking the file, then selecting "Copy as path".

Example: "C:\Users\USERNAME\path\to\program\GDRE_tools-standalone-windows-0.0.9\gdre_tools.exe" --recover="C:\Users\USERNAME\path\to\BeatBanger\beatbanger.pck"

dissonantraion

Mar 8, 2020
Okay so... I noticed the modding issue for the latest version of the game. And I decided to fix it. So in this post I'm including a few files.

The command requires no arguments, just python3 mod_converter.py path/to/old mod. It will output a converted mod folder with a name extracted either from the meta.cfg or chart.cfg file with an added _v243 at the end. You can also specify path/to/old mod/chart.cfg or path/to/old mod/meta.cfg and that will work fine too.

There are 2 optional commands, --no_legacy_scaling(or -nl) and --no_voice(or -nv) to have it turn those features off. EDIT: I realized just now that I implemented the "shutter" functionality really poorly, so I decided to have it off by default, you can turn it back on with --use_shutter(or -us) but it's kinda bad for the time being, anyway... No voice in particular Shouldn't affect anything for vanilla because I set it up in such a way that the vanilla game shouldn't get any voices anyway (I did try to support it, but it wasn't working out well at all). And that's a good segway to get to my next point...

The other 2 files and are modded builds of the game. I accidentally-on-purpose wound up learning that it is extremely easy to decompile the game to a working source. So I used that as a base to make a modded version for both Windows and Linux. You don't need the modded versions of the game to play the converted mods, but you do need it for playing the mods with the voice banks intact. I will note that I removed the Discord feature from them entirely because that was actually causing some issues with me trying to run the vanilla windows build on my linux machine. EDIT: They should be fixed up now.

UPDATE: I've now corrected some bugs and added an admittedly still incomplete feature to the pause menu in my modded builds. Some input text boxes to specify a time to jump to in the track. It only allows you to skip forward, and doesn't update everything immediately when you do the skip, they update when they hit their next keyframes. I'm kind of just not up to finishing it right now, I'm not even sure why I added the feature.

EDIT: And I should mention for those who aren't happy with the semi-randomly generated input sequences that my converter produces, you can edit them manually yourself in the produced notes.cfg file, the "input_type" for each note goes from 0 to 3 corresponding with one the 4 given key inputs the game has.
Yeah no idea how any of this works, just gonna hold out hope that someone updates the mods lol

limesseur

Oct 7, 2019

The mod converter really needs a description of how to use it, because it doesn't do anything

Colt Zero

Mar 8, 2019
The mod converter really needs a description of how to use it, because it doesn't do anything
Have you redownloaded it at all? I updated it a couple times. Last update was on Sunday.
Really, all you need to do is run the python command python mod_converter.py path/to/modfolder
What the path looks like depends on your system and where you put the mod at.

So I'm not really sure what needs explaining. It creates a new folder with the title modname_v243 and you just need to load that into the game via the in-game Mod loading menu.

So... It seems like there's a piracy check on the game?
I'm... really confused what you mean? I haven't seen anything like that.

limesseur

Oct 7, 2019
Have you redownloaded it at all? I updated it a couple times. Last update was on Sunday.
Really, all you need to do is run the python command python mod_converter.py path/to/modfolder
What the path looks like depends on your system and where you put the mod at.
It doesn't recognize the path as being a path, and it says that mod_converter.py is invalid since it's "not defined"

bkiv

Aug 25, 2019
For all the people confused about how to use the converter I had to figure out how to run a python script for it to even work. Download python3, download the converter, open your actual command prompt(not pythons, but the one that comes with windows), type in (python3 "path to converter" "path to mod").
You don't add the parenthesis so an example would look like this in cmd (python3 C:\Users\*****\Downloads\mod_converter\mod_converter.py C:\Users\*****\Downloads\****\*****\****\BeatBanger\mods\Makayla)

Another thing of note, if you've typed python3 in cmd already it won't work. You have to do it all in one command so if cmd says python3 at the top you have to close it and open it again

If your mod has weird spaces and such it seems that it can't read it. If that's the case rename the file to something easy like a one word name with no symbols

Had trouble with a fresh install of a mod and realized it can have problems with seeing the file, guessing it's cause of permissions. putting the mod into the same file you put the converter in fixes it

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 47 Votes