4.40 star(s) 47 Votes

lolxd523

Sep 14, 2019
trying to make patches for this version at the moment is difficult right now, since decompiler for godot is not updated for this version's engine.

here's reupload of patch folder:

use the version below for the patch

uela

Aug 17, 2017
I don't like Komdog in general (great artist, terrible businessman) but him not being the lead artist is kind of an overkill... Could have just made him work on the art and animation while someone else made the music, otherwise, what's the point of a dev team?
As said before. I knew this day would, letting an 18-19 year old in charge to fix / modify the game for the dev team, while also treating him like shit. The man was never emotional mature enough to deal with any of this and the people that could help him, refused and let this kid just rot in this cycle. The guy tried multiple times to push fixes into the main game through kom only for kom to ignore and later on remove his access to the source code. This was an issue that was building up for months, and most people ignored it until it was too late.

Discord_R30GkO1crg.png

Just another disappointment to the list.

Axis3123

Apr 1, 2020
As said before. I knew this day would, letting an 18-19 year old in charge to fix / modify the game for the dev team, while also treating him like shit. The man was never emotional mature enough to deal with any of this and the people that could help him, refused and let this kid just rot in this cycle. The guy tried multiple times to push fixes into the main game through kom only for kom to ignore and later on remove his access to the source code. This was an issue that was building up for months, and most people ignored it until it was too late.

View attachment 3715545

Just another disappointment to the list.
God that's rough. Did not even know this was going on behind the scenes. Best wishes for the kiddo :(

TripleDex

Jun 2, 2024
Honestly the great art is the hook for the game. Will be interesting to see what they do with it going forward.
Haven't checked this out for a while but just had a go at a quick cleanup for the Zoe episode 2 files.

4/6 frames roughed and flat colour. Will probably finish this up eventually and report back.

Jellyluve

Apr 17, 2017
So both the main artist and the cum Mod/patch are gone?

I mean, what is even the point of playing the game anymore? :cry:

Jotarosuke

Apr 8, 2020
Idk if anyone remembers that insanely long Toriel mod someone was working on back in the initial version of the game, does anyone still have any gifs or images related to it? I know a lot were lost ever since they revamped the modding section in the discord and I left it around 2021, but was curious if it was ever picked back up or if it's just lost now.

uela

Aug 17, 2017
The entire development of this game has been a dumpster fire. As we all see, the game has potential, but it's being held in the hands of an inexperienced game dev / furry artist that is trying to make a game company while also being an artist. Kom keeps adding new mechanic's / junk to the game instead of doing the story levels, and now he is no longer the artist so that's setting the game further back.

It doesn't help that two known members of the modding community left, AND it doesn't help that one of the top mods (scream banger) were taken down because the artist behind one of the designs it requested it be taken down and no longer redistributed because the OC the artist made was sold to someone else and I guess the seller or artist didn't want that around.

The game and community have taken nothing but more L's. It doesn't help that most modders tend to copy / paste stuff without anything new, and that trying to learn how to mod is almost gatekept because the sem_official tutorial they have is the equal to reading a bible of code, our modding foundation is shit. Doesn't help that some modders are starting to realize how little reward they get for making mods (because we have a silent majority) The game can be better but the community and devs would have to pick up, and because all sides are gooners it won't happen. It's honestly why I've started thinking of branching off from their main hub and create a better modding server for the game.

The game has potential, and it sucks to see nearly all parties act like fucking goons.

Jan 18, 2019
It always was and always will be the mods
Don't know about that, less and less mods are coming out, most of the ones that do are honestly pretty low quality, and people are starting to voice their dislike of Toriel reskins. At this rate i don't see the game maintaining an audience unless talented animators try to make some new mods, like the Kat one, which i consider to be even better than some levels in the actual game. Because, let's be honest here, the game is pretty much abandoned at this point and unless the new artist actually gives a shit unlike Kom and makes some good levels quickly, i doubt people will stick around any longer.

XephosDB

May 17, 2019
Don't know about that, less and less mods are coming out, most of the ones that do are honestly pretty low quality, and people are starting to voice their dislike of Toriel reskins. At this rate i don't see the game maintaining an audience unless talented animators try to make some new mods, like the Kat one, which i consider to be even better than some levels in the actual game. Because, let's be honest here, the game is pretty much abandoned at this point and unless the new artist actually gives a shit unlike Kom and makes some good levels quickly, i doubt people will stick around any longer.
Yeah this.

new levels could have been pumped out long ago. we had sketches for a long time that seem like they are being abandoned. the actual art needed for any particular level does not need much time to prepare and lets face it, the music isn't wholly original. They are faffing around with code and adding charting options, that shouldn't take much to make, in order to look like they are doing anything productive. the modding community had it's few shining stars but most of them moved on because the game itself lost popularity. Why spend time putting your work in for free on somebody else's game if it doesn't get you any views yourself??

XephosDB

May 17, 2019
I don't see the problem people have with a new artist. Consider it like this. If Kom was slow, and this new artist is maintaining the original style of the game, and is dedicated to the art (and isn't brought on as a multitalent), wouldn't this mean that updates will not only become faster but art will improve over time? If Kom likes 3D, let Kom 3D. The game is in new artist hands and it is a positive for both Kom and for the patreons that support.
problem is Kom doesn't treat people right and this project makes money from supporters the longer it's in limbo. It's better for Kom to hire a temp and get people's hopes up while branching out to make money elsewhere than it is to hire someone to finish the game.

nanohana12

Nov 25, 2019
im sorry if this has been mentioned but does anyone know when the next part of the game will be? new character?

4.40 star(s) 47 Votes