4.40 star(s) 47 Votes

Metamaterial

Apr 29, 2020
I'm not even using the latest python version and that lib is still legacy and refusing to install both manually and using pip.
Consider remaking the script using the cryptography lib and not Crypto that hasnt been updated in almost 10 years.
(python is not in my skillset, so can't rly do it myself)
I'll look into it.

Reactions: mnonyhc

Onrroran

May 8, 2018
okay, so i did Metamaterial´s method to decrypt and recrypt the save file, after much suffering (cause i barely know how to do programming right) i managed to edit the file and put tons of money, so you can unlock the thing from the store. Although the gallery is not 100% unlocked, i would guess you have to either complete the levels in every difficulty or 100% them idk.

anyway enjoy (hope i uploaded the correct file, backup yours just in case)

Olegowsom

Sep 12, 2017
okay, so i did Metamaterial´s method to decrypt and recrypt the save file, after much suffering (cause i barely know how to do programming right) i managed to edit the file and put tons of money, so you can unlock the thing from the store. Although the gallery is not 100% unlocked, i would guess you have to either complete the levels in every difficulty or 100% them idk.

two of the pics are easter eggs. one requires you to lose Zoey's level on easy and the other one you must click on the store girl's nose a couple of times.

Reactions: Win2

Olegowsom

Sep 12, 2017
You guys can make the levels easier by just changing the notes.cfg file located in
data/act1/CHARACTER NAME/config/notes.cfg
(in version 2.8.5 the only characters being cathy_e1 and zoe_e1)
-Open notes.cfg with notepad
-Use Ctrl+H to open replace window
-On Find what: put "input_type": 1, (with quotes and coma)
-On Replace with: put "input_type": 0, (with quotes and coma)
-Click Replace All
-Do the same for "input_type": 2, and "input_type": 3, and replace them with "input_type": 0,
-Now all beats will be only Note 1 (default being "Z")

Xenonpilot

Dec 28, 2022
where do i put the save? can't find it for some reason
In your roaming folder (search for %appdata% to find it), there should be a folder called Godot. Inside that should be "app_userdata", and inside that should be a folder called "Beat Banger". Inside that should be your save.sav file.

Masterdragon0

Sep 9, 2021
where do I find mods?
Either on their community Discord or at
Just fyi, for some reason you have to select "Explicit" and "Public Demo 2" every time before you see any posts.
(Legacy Builds are mods for the old format, which can technically be converted to the 2.0 version with a bit of work (and probably with a script if anyone would make or already has made one))

nnjagnga333

Jul 4, 2019
View attachment 2583361
Kom spoke about some behind the scene stuff regarding the staff in discord, I compiled all. So far... it's no wonder why the release on has two levels.
If he's the "only developer" and he's taking the lion's share of seven thousand dollars a month his progress is glacial to the point of fraudulent like many patreon goblins. That's more than enough money to be working full time on shit. Which he clearly hasn't. The current product is not the result of putting in even 20 hours of actual work per week for close to two years the game has been in development.

Brinline

May 23, 2021

and where is the file location? I done goofed with resolution settings :(

Brinline

May 23, 2021
Whenever i open the game, its just a black screen? Anyone else get this?
Found a fix? I mine has issue with resolution for some reason win 10?
I'm a genius, tried to change resolution screen goes black, fk it confirm and close and open again.... and it stays black GG
No idea where "save" folder is.

Reactions: SenaTTK

vinyl1603

Feb 17, 2021
In your roaming folder (search for %appdata% to find it), there should be a folder called Godot. Inside that should be "app_userdata", and inside that should be a folder called "Beat Banger". Inside that should be your save.sav file.
nope it's not there for some reason

4.40 star(s) 47 Votes