4.40 star(s) 47 Votes

Edd_PG

Nov 15, 2022
Dear god. The beta was filled with numerous bugs, it wasn't only a day ago they figured out how to convert WebM's to ogv and that was only from someone who wasn't on the dev team deciding to help out. Backgrounds seem to be broken and this guy hasn't even mentioned that they are yet, there are numerous issues, that could've been figured out if this furboy opened up the test earlier for the people. If this man had released this without that test, this update would've been a mess and straight up broken the modding scene. Doesn't help that a month ago, the man who was helping with modding couldn't leave because the devs gave him a hard time too.

How can this man, after this test, think that he has a chance, a hope. That they can even think about starting production on their next project when they barely 3/4's finished with the first act, then the second act, and the gay act. I can't tell if he's reaching good levels of scammerbrain, or he is on some strong dosages of copium, If he is, man, I need to hit him up to get me that good ass copium then.
He was hiring people maybe because of that he says that, but yeah it seem kinda (a lot) like fantasy at this moments

Dec 31, 2021
Kom definitely like to take his sweet time with pretty unimportant stuff and takes pretty long unannounced breaks. Also from what I gathered the way the game is being developed right now is pretty all over the place. Like Act 1 is yet to be done and they are already making Act 2 while Claire has been in a Releasable state for a while and the Sheep (I forgot her name) has been in Beta Releases from Months ago and is still on the Same Pre-Production level as back then. I do genuinely hope the game Succeeds and get more content but the way it's looking right now my grandkids could maybe enjoy Act 4 if the Average Life Expentency Doubles in that time.
Yeah I had a big fucking feeling...
Like you don't get this much shit and constant disappointment from all angles if your seen as RELIABLE...
Jesus, well at least they're "hiring" at the moment, so maybe one person will come to the rescue and get paid semi-descently to carry this shit show.
Or we'll get "finished" act 2 mid-late 2026
With a *30 minute long final product* with THOUSANDS UPON THOUSANDS of patron dollars needlessly filling lazy/incompetent devs bank accounts over the years.
As history has seen countless times before...

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2021
On the level selection page/gallery/music, you input the Konami code and it unlocks what you have locked.
If you unlock a level via the Konami code and play it, your score wont save and the level revert to being locked until you unlock it by completing the prior levels. Same applies to the gallery and music pages, they will revert to being locked once you return to the main menu.

If you want to have everything unlocked on your save, try replacing it with the save WaryFox already provided or just edit the amount of coins you have with cheat engine and buy everything.
But how do you acutally put it in? Do you just type or, or do you do something with the DevCon? And either way, what would be "start"?

avaglegon

Apr 13, 2020
So what's the general consensus of this game outside of the already hard-core fan base buying merchandise and what naught, because I'm pretty sure many are cautiously optimistic, but there are also a lot that say the development of this game has been a complete shit show and shouldn't have taken this long, so what are yall's thoughts and elaborate... cause I want to know details.
The game itself is... okay. As a rhythm game, it's fine; the music is passable and the gameplay is decent enough, but not very interesting. The animations are what a majority of people playing the game care about, and I'd say the current ones are, for the most part, good, especially compared the legacy version. There's more dynamic poses and fewer perfectly symmetrical animations. I will say, I prefer Cathy's demo animations to the current ones, especially the final animation. The current final animation is way too stiff.
The sheer amount of time it's taking to develop this game is absolutely the worst part. Act 1 has 4 out of 5 levels done. If we assume all 4 acts (1, 2, gay 1, gay 2) have 5 levels, then they only have 4/20 levels, or 20% of the game. Updates are incredibly infrequent. IMO, without modding, this game probably would have died a while ago. Modders are keeping it going with new charts and animations (even if a majority of mods are reskins of official levels).
TL;DR: Game itself is alright, animations are good. Development is taking far too long, I think modding is the only thing keeping the game afloat

linechuu

Aug 21, 2022
The game itself is... okay. As a rhythm game, it's fine; the music is passable and the gameplay is decent enough, but not very interesting. The animations are what a majority of people playing the game care about, and I'd say the current ones are, for the most part, good, especially compared the legacy version. There's more dynamic poses and fewer perfectly symmetrical animations. I will say, I prefer Cathy's demo animations to the current ones, especially the final animation. The current final animation is way too stiff.
The sheer amount of time it's taking to develop this game is absolutely the worst part. Act 1 has 4 out of 5 levels done. If we assume all 4 acts (1, 2, gay 1, gay 2) have 5 levels, then they only have 4/20 levels, or 20% of the game. Updates are incredibly infrequent. IMO, without modding, this game probably would have died a while ago. Modders are keeping it going with new charts and animations (even if a majority of mods are reskins of official levels).
TL;DR: Game itself is alright, animations are good. Development is taking far too long, I think modding is the only thing keeping the game afloat
Modding keeps the community alive and Kom is well aware. despite this, he still takes forever to release the 2.0 BBMT or even add features/PAY modders that have started contributing to the main game... the amount of community members that have contributed to the project and havent recieved anything is wild.

uela

Aug 17, 2017
Modding keeps the community alive and Kom is well aware. despite this, he still takes forever to release the 2.0 BBMT or even add features/PAY modders that have started contributing to the main game... the amount of community members that have contributed to the project and havent recieved anything is wild.
I'll be honest, I'm not even sure if he's actually aware that the only reason beat banger is somewhat thriving is because of modding. After messing around in the update, he has fucked over modders silently. Backgrounds don't work, note_modifers don't work, horny notes don't work, only the basics pretty much work, combine that with the fact they had removed the effects function from the demo. I checked all over, and this furboy hasn't even mention any of these issues in any posts. The legit only post he's ever given a heads-up to modders regarding this update was about webm's to ogv. I think only a handful of modders even know that half of their tools broke with the recent update because he hasn't said anything.

• Wow
Reactions: cooldude33

lndrlndr

Nov 30, 2021
I'll be honest, I'm not even sure if he's actually aware that the only reason beat banger is somewhat thriving is because of modding. After messing around in the update, he has fucked over modders silently. Backgrounds don't work, note_modifers don't work, horny notes don't work, only the basics pretty much work, combine that with the fact they had removed the effects function from the demo. I checked all over, and this furboy hasn't even mention any of these issues in any posts. The legit only post he's ever given a heads-up to modders regarding this update was about webm's to ogv. I think only a handful of modders even know that half of their tools broke with the recent update because he hasn't said anything.
Horny notes have been removed for a while sadly, idk why, I liked them but whatever. At this point I don't see the game ever being Completed and it just being stuck in development hell.

TempoGGtemp

Jun 30, 2023
I don’t understand why you "reinstalled the game" if your mods didn’t work? In the instructions on the link there was not a word about the need to reinstall the game, or install exclusively my patched version.

And about my files/links. Either you are not downloading game from my link, or you already have some kind of adware on your computer that replaces links. Because neither my antivirus (Kaspersky) nor my browser (Google Chrome) reacts to my files. And before yours, I don’t remember a single complaint of this nature about my files/links in this thread.

Results of checking the entire archive (0/58 positives):

Results of checking individual files:
(2/69 positives, this is obviously a false positive)
(0/60 positives)

By the way, I don’t touch the beatbanger.exe file at all when I apply my patches. I only patch game scripts that are in the .pck file. You can check this simply by comparing the hashes of and the original version.
Yeah mods didn't work but I figured it was a false positive after a while, thanks again.

Olegowsom

Sep 12, 2017
I upscaled the images to 5k for all of Act 1, including the sketches for Dawna, the art looked kinda blurry to me since I have a 4k monitor and it zooms into a 720p image.
Just unzip the zip file into the main Beat Banger Folder, where the .exe is at. The only thing it replaces is the Keyframes.cfg to use the new upscaled images and scales the images down to fit in the screen.

4.40 star(s) 47 Votes