4.40 star(s) 47 Votes

lndrlndr

Nov 30, 2021
UPDATE TIME!!!! idk what changed. kom said some shit about better mod support, but he didn't say if or when it would release so idk if that actually is the update. i'm sure there is some joke to be made about him doing anything but continuing the story but i don't have the strength to come up with one so, and (macos has been removed from the options on the patreon release so, suck it, i guess)
1708969137475.png 1708969042283.png

Axis3123

Apr 1, 2020
They're putting more work in supporting content other people create than their own content.
Well, despite this being in the negative sort of connotation, mods really extend the lifespan of games. Imagine if this didn't have that, it wouldn't be as popular nor garnishing the patreon supporters that pay for this kind of stuff to be made.

... this still doesn't excuse them from deviating their plans of the actual in-game content however ^^;

Reactions: [User Deleted]

Haoss

Jul 28, 2020
Well, despite this being in the negative sort of connotation, mods really extend the lifespan of games. Imagine if this didn't have that, it wouldn't be as popular nor garnishing the patreon supporters that pay for this kind of stuff to be made.

... this still doesn't excuse them from deviating their plans of the actual in-game content however ^^;
I think people vastly underestimate how hard it is to get a game working in stable condition while also accounting for mod support. Rushing for content is how some games get too big to retroactively implement things and too broken to continue any further. I don't think this project is nowhere near the "patreon milking hell" of games like Rack 2 which can't even show improvements on the back-end.

Honestly, even though it looks slow from the outside, I wouldn't be surprised if this does end up being one of the few furry games that actually succeed because they had at least a little of foresight before going all in on a broken foundation.

Reactions: gimbonijimboni

cazzone

May 18, 2017
I want to share this savefile based on this save I added a level id for each level and the archievement array.
Slightly patched version by me:

(updated 10/21/23)

Differences from the official build:
  • Dawna unlocked;
  • fixed a bug due to which, regardless of the selected difficulty of the mod, the first one in the list was always launched;
  • fixed incorrectly applied to mods "NEW" tag;
  • fixed highscores aren't updating;
  • fixed reset of "Play Hands Free" mode in mods:
  • fixed transition to select mod screen after completing hands free mode.
Here some mods I adapted for version 3.x.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also here is the full save. Everything that could be bought was bought. Everything that could be opened was open. All levels are completed with max points/combos.

Rename it back to game.sav if f95zone changed the file name, and put it to %AppData%\Godot\app_userdata\Beat Banger

(to download save file, right-click on the link and select "Save link as")

Reactions: Jean Mouloud

uela

Aug 17, 2017
On other news, I had mentioned this before, but there was a secret, better version of beatbanger being made by community members and after months the person who held it finally released it to the public. But only on the official discord. However, fuck that, I don't have trust for that guy to keep it up or Kom's will to not shut it down since it fixes his game. Thus, I'll drop the link here for pirate uses and potential archiving.

It does have a list of changes but I'll drop the basic or best ones.

- Demo Levels are now playable
- Legacy Levels are now playable
- Mods don't have to have an act folder to be playable
- Added more Input Prompts that can appear in the Menu Overlay
- Added border types for Release mods
- Added Video Background
- Dev Mode allows Hands Free even when not unlocked
- Hands Free in Dev Mode plays the pre and post cutscenes

deekinftw

Mar 22, 2018
On other news, I had mentioned this before, but there was a secret, better version of beatbanger being made by community members and after months the person who held it finally released it to the public. But only on the official discord. However, fuck that, I don't have trust for that guy to keep it up or Kom's will to not shut it down since it fixes his game. Thus, I'll drop the link here for pirate uses and potential archiving.

Link
According to the readme, we need v0.3481 of the game, but the version in the OP is v0.3455.
EDIT: The recent version posted just last page is also not correct.

Last edited:
Reactions: Axis3123
4.40 star(s) 47 Votes