VN Ren'Py Abandoned Beaverdale Falls [v0.2.2 Bug Fix] [DeviousDev]

DeviousDev

Titans Trainer & Beaverdale Falls Developer
Game Developer
Aug 2, 2019
I have this error when i call to Charize
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'contactp1'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 38, in script call
  File "Game/intro.rpyc", line 1608, in script call
  File "Game/mainStory.rpyc", line 278, in script call
  File "Game/screen.rpyc", line 734, in script call
  File "Game/contact.rpyc", line 75, in script
  File "D:\PRYWATNE\!!!moje\Beaverdale Falls\BeaverdaleFalls-0.2.1-bugfix-windows\BeaverdaleFalls-0.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1695, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "D:\PRYWATNE\!!!moje\Beaverdale Falls\BeaverdaleFalls-0.2.1-bugfix-windows\BeaverdaleFalls-0.2-pc\renpy\script.py", line 894, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Beaverdale Falls 0.2
Sun Oct 27 02:27:48 2019
For this issue, we are currently looking into it, and will consider releasing another bug fix update, 0.2.2, with other smaller issues fixed.

Thanks for letting us know. We'll get back to this shortly!

Reactions: moszter

DeviousDev

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2019
How much does this affect the story?
Not much, actually. The phone calls are mostly a set up for bigger content and quests, such as asking and finding out about Isabella. But for now, Isabella's content is still in progress, so a lot of content isn't affected!

Reactions: ChrisHaze

Demon Jhim

Aug 5, 2017
I encounter this error. nevermind apperently its already known.

Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
  File "Game/contact.rpyc", line 75, in script
  File "C:\Users\Desktop\Games\New DL\Ren'Py\BeaverdaleFalls-0.2.1-bugfix-windows\BeaverdaleFalls-0.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1695, in execute
  File "C:\Users\Desktop\Games\New DL\Ren'Py\BeaverdaleFalls-0.2.1-bugfix-windows\BeaverdaleFalls-0.2-pc\renpy\script.py", line 894, in lookup

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Beaverdale Falls 0.2
Sun Oct 27 19:11:56 2019

moszter

Jan 31, 2019
Beaverdale Falls v0.2.1

ANDROID: or or
ANDROID armeabi & arm64:

Last edited:
Reactions: DeviousDev

ChrisHaze

Nov 12, 2018
Not much, actually. The phone calls are mostly a set up for bigger content and quests, such as asking and finding out about Isabella. But for now, Isabella's content is still in progress, so a lot of content isn't affected!
Well I'll wait for a while then since it's too early, but I really am looking forward to this game in the future it has potential and I especially like the artwork.

DeviousDev

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2019
Well I'll wait for a while then since it's too early, but I really am looking forward to this game in the future it has potential and I especially like the artwork.
Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it so far!

Reactions: ChrisHaze

LeakAngel

Milk junky
Donor
Jun 20, 2018
Hey, I like the game a lot. I laughed quite a lot at the story, it's well written for most of it, keep it up (and please choose between beaver dale or beaverdale like it was said, it affects reading pleasure more than we think!)

I also encountered the Charize call error just like it was reported before, but I also encounter a more important bug that prevents me from saving my game!

Here's the error:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Please, fix and update this game faster, I'm enjoying it too much :p

DeviousDev

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2019
Hey, I like the game a lot. I laughed quite a lot at the story, it's well written for most of it, keep it up (and please choose between beaver dale or beaverdale like it was said, it affects reading pleasure more than we think!)

I also encountered the Charize call error just like it was reported before, but I also encounter a more important bug that prevents me from saving my game!

Here's the error:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Please, fix and update this game faster, I'm enjoying it too much :p
Thank you! It's always great to have a fan!

I had that same issue too while play-testing the game myself, but looks like I'm not the only one haha. We'll definitely try to update/fix the game faster, but for now I believe this is the best my team and I can do. Glad you enjoyed it!

LeakAngel

Milk junky
Donor
Jun 20, 2018
Thank you! It's always great to have a fan!

I had that same issue too while play-testing the game myself, but looks like I'm not the only one haha. We'll definitely try to update/fix the game faster, but for now I believe this is the best my team and I can do. Glad you enjoyed it!
Looks like I get the bug when I save anywhere but in my room and at anytime but morning/afternoon. When I save in my room in the morning, it works.
Kinda blocked otherwise while playing but I'm probably dumb and not seeing who I should talk to in order to unlock the situation "ask her about what happened to alyss" x)

And don't worry about going faster, just don't go any slower ;)

DeviousDev

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2019
Looks like I get the bug when I save anywhere but in my room and at anytime but morning/afternoon. When I save in my room in the morning, it works.
Kinda blocked otherwise while playing but I'm probably dumb and not seeing who I should talk to in order to unlock the situation "ask her about what happened to alyss" x)

And don't worry about going faster, just don't go any slower ;)
Thanks for the feedback! It helps us identify the issue a lot faster.

I hope we won't go any slower, either :whistle:

• Love
Reactions: LeakAngel

thevampirate

Feb 15, 2019
I dont know if people mentioned but both of the options of the call seem to be bugged. if you hit nevermind i got this:
Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
  File "Game/contact.rpyc", line 71, in script call
  File "Game/contact.rpyc", line 351, in script
  File "C:\Users\signu\Desktop\Downloads October\BeaverdaleFalls-0.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1695, in execute
  File "C:\Users\signu\Desktop\Downloads October\BeaverdaleFalls-0.2-pc\renpy\script.py", line 894, in lookup

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Beaverdale Falls 0.2
Mon Oct 28 19:03:23 2019
I only caught it when i loaded an auto save at the point i called her after getting the other bug.

Also i havent found any of the scenes in the preview pictures. other than Zara i havent had any luck talking with any of the girls

Last edited:
  • Wow

Bagger288

Jul 11, 2017
I really like this game, though there isn't much content.

Two of the bigger bugs I found (0.2.0) were the aforementioned charlize telephone bug that prevents starting the isabella quest, and a missing background that prevents getting into the girls' house at night. I also had the game crash to main menu the second time I had sex with zara (though that may be related to the nighttime bug, since it messes things up a little). Isabella's report card is also on your phone before you get the quest.
I noticed that the dialogue occasionally happens out of order - for example, the first time you talk to each teacher, they act as if you know them, but the second time is the introduction, and the random house events didn't always make sense either. Similarly, talking to one sister had a comment about sister A being a vampire, which didn't make sense as the aunt was the only one MC had gotten a blowjob from. There were also locked dialogue options about isabella and alice? that I was never able to unlock.

• Wow