VN Ren'Py Abandoned Beaverdale Falls [v0.2.2 Bug Fix] [DeviousDev]

DeviousDev

Titans Trainer & Beaverdale Falls Developer
Game Developer
Aug 2, 2019
I dont know if people mentioned but both of the options of the call seem to be bugged. if you hit nevermind i got this:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'contactp1'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 38, in script call
  File "Game/contact.rpyc", line 71, in script call
  File "Game/contact.rpyc", line 351, in script
  File "C:\Users\signu\Desktop\Downloads October\BeaverdaleFalls-0.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1695, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "C:\Users\signu\Desktop\Downloads October\BeaverdaleFalls-0.2-pc\renpy\script.py", line 894, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'contactp1'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Beaverdale Falls 0.2
Mon Oct 28 19:03:23 2019
I only caught it when i loaded an auto save at the point i called her after getting the other bug.

Also i havent found any of the scenes in the preview pictures. other than Zara i havent had any luck talking with any of the girls
Yep, that's the one we are currently working to fix now. Thanks for the bug report!

Rest assured, all scenes shown in the preview are contents that are found in the game itself. The new scenes for this update comes from the home visit, so we suggest you pay a visit to the Deliah's at different times, and different days. ;)

DeviousDev

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2019
I really like this game, though there isn't much content.

Two of the bigger bugs I found (0.2.0) were the aforementioned charlize telephone bug that prevents starting the isabella quest, and a missing background that prevents getting into the girls' house at night. I also had the game crash to main menu the second time I had sex with zara (though that may be related to the nighttime bug, since it messes things up a little). Isabella's report card is also on your phone before you get the quest.
I noticed that the dialogue occasionally happens out of order - for example, the first time you talk to each teacher, they act as if you know them, but the second time is the introduction, and the random house events didn't always make sense either. Similarly, talking to one sister had a comment about sister A being a vampire, which didn't make sense as the aunt was the only one MC had gotten a blowjob from. There were also locked dialogue options about isabella and alice? that I was never able to unlock.
Thanks for the bug report! The game as it is right now is still in its early stages, and we apologize for the ridiculously large number of bugs. Our script was reworked for this update, which explains why some of the old dialogue in the game was still present in some conversations, but we will definitely remove them and fix the issues that you mentioned above!

DeviousDev

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2019
Is there any guides for this game as I cant find any scenes and the game crashes when you call one of the girls.
We're terribly sorry for the game-breaking bugs in this update, and as for guides, we currently do have a Walkthrough of the game, but it's exclusively open for patrons only!

We will definitely be putting hints for the respective home visit scenes with each of the girls, but that would be in the next monthly update!

thevampirate

Feb 15, 2019
Is there any guides for this game as I cant find any scenes and the game crashes when you call one of the girls.
I've gone back and all over and things still wont advance at all for me. weekend nothing happens. principal disappears out of office and i cant find her anywhere in game. having to advance time through bed at home doesn't help either. I'd really really suggest highlighting what is interactive and what is background because i feel like i might have missed an entire room or someplace where people disappear to and just start clicking all over to find a kitchen/bathroom/delia's room etc.

Last edited:

antwany

Jul 11, 2019
I am having trouble progressing at all in this game as attempting to save the game just crashes the game, I have attempted to find what triggers this so I can avoid it, but so many different things cause the bug, for now at least, I know that even just entering the principals office breaks the game, whether I talk to her, get a favor, or do something else doesnt matter, it all break the game. I'll post the crash logs when I get fed up and stop playing, and therefore stop getting new logs.

• Sad
Reactions: DeviousDev

DeviousDev

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2019
I am having trouble progressing at all in this game as attempting to save the game just crashes the game, I have attempted to find what triggers this so I can avoid it, but so many different things cause the bug, for now at least, I know that even just entering the principals office breaks the game, whether I talk to her, get a favor, or do something else doesnt matter, it all break the game. I'll post the crash logs when I get fed up and stop playing, and therefore stop getting new logs.
My team and I are currently working to resolve the bugs in this update, at least up until the game can be played smoothly to the end of the version. We will be uploading a v0.2.2 with major bug fixes soon!

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
DeviousDev

Er... Once you passed the first day, the game become unsavable...

Code:

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 372, in __call__
    renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
PicklingError: Can't pickle <function say at 0x041D3BB0>: it's not the same object as store.say
After a grep, it happen that you use , which is the main function for all dialogs, as a variable to handle random speech.
Before naming a variable, open the console, and just type the name you want to use. It will tell you if you're about to break the game, or not.

DeviousDev

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2019
DeviousDev

Er... Once you passed the first day, the game become unsavable...

Code:

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 372, in __call__
    renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
PicklingError: Can't pickle <function say at 0x041D3BB0>: it's not the same object as store.say
After a grep, it happen that you use , which is the main function for all dialogs, as a variable to handle random speech.
Before naming a variable, open the console, and just type the name you want to use. It will tell you if you're about to break the game, or not.
Thank you! You just helped us save a lot of time in the bug fixing process. We were just about to wrap up with the bug fixes, so I think this came up right on time!

Tarakin

Nov 1, 2019
I can't do much, I can't see Zara (I see the Girls House instead, though I can read the dialogue) and I can't start the Isabelle quest, since there is no one I could ask, the classrooms are empty all days long, I stopped after five uneventful days.