Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
Last update was disappointing. Nothing I wouldn't already see in the game before. It consisted of just two boring scenes in my playthrough and both of them as vanilla as they get. No kinks or excitements in them. Like with Jane. Oh, there may be at least some sweaty sauna fun... No. Well, at least some pool sex... no. Just a freaking regular fucking on a masage table... Scene with.. that "boss girl" was even more plain and boring.

Story didn't move much either. Actually it didn't move at all.

More animations doesn't mean better update.
Are you sure you played Bars? :FacePalm:

whf

Nov 9, 2017
Are you sure you played Bars? :FacePalm:
Well, it's up to you to be satisfied with mediocre update. I was not.

Truth be told I was expecting this to happen with the game. I liked the game despite it being of genres I don't usually like and play. It's full of vanilla sex and romance, stuff that generally bores me. But it was done in a way I was able to enjoy. But that last update was just too boring. I guess if your playthrough is Lisa focused you may have more exciting experience. I saw pics and videos releating that playthough (via unren), but I decided at the beginning of my playthought that I wasn't going to pursue Lisa, so that's how it is for me now.

Amnios

Donor
Dec 27, 2018
Last update was disappointing. Nothing I wouldn't already see in the game before. It consisted of just two boring scenes in my playthrough and both of them as vanilla as they get. No kinks or excitements in them. Like with Jane. Oh, there may be at least some sweaty sauna fun... No. Well, at least some pool sex... no. Just a freaking regular fucking on a masage table... Scene with.. that "boss girl" was even more plain and boring.

Story didn't move much either. Actually it didn't move at all.

More animations doesn't mean better update.
So I'm guessing you missed the threesome?

Either that or you're dead from the waist down :p

Amnios

Donor
Dec 27, 2018

Truth be told I was expecting this to happen with the game. I liked the game despite it being of genres I don't usually like and play. It's full of vanilla sex and romance, stuff that generally bores me. But it was done in a way I was able to enjoy. But that last update was just too boring. I guess if your playthrough is Lisa focused you may have more exciting experience. I saw pics and videos releating that playthough (via unren), but I decided at the beginning of my playthought that I wasn't going to pursue Lisa, so that's how it is for me now.
To be honest if you're not going after Lisa you're going to be missing a lot of content in the game, she's a very major character.

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018

I enjoy every update because I have a save for each girl so I don't miss nothing... For the rest that you wrote its a pity that you found the update boring because it wasn't

whf

Nov 9, 2017
To be honest if you're not going after Lisa you're going to be missing a lot of content in the game, she's a very major character.
Yeah, I missed the threesome and all the scenes with Lisa. Reason I decided against pursuing Lisa is hinted in my post - she just seemed a bit too romantic. And I didn't want that. That and she seemed a bit to naive, immature. Something I don't like in girls in general as well. I guess I will play that path some time in the future. Maybe. In a way my decision is kind of a problem with quality of the game. If it wasn't that good in the beginning, I probably wouldn't care and just played all possible paths there are, but because I did care, I played just one path, one closest to my "heart". :)

Amnios

Donor
Dec 27, 2018
Yeah, I missed the threesome and all the scenes with Lisa. Reason I decided against pursuing Lisa is hinted in my post - she just seemed a bit too romantic. And I didn't want that. That and she seemed a bit to naive, immature. Something I don't like in girls in general as well. I guess I will play that path some time in the future. Maybe. In a way my decision is kind of a problem with quality of the game. If it wasn't that good in the beginning, I probably wouldn't care and just played all possible paths there are, but because I did care, I played just one path, one closest to my "heart". :)
Not all games are for everyone, I know how you feel.

While there is a lot of cheating in the game (well by the MC anyway!) it is a romance story at heart (at least from what I can tell), so if that's not you then the game is never going to be for you.

whf

Nov 9, 2017
Not all games are for everyone, I know how you feel.

While there is a lot of cheating in the game (well by the MC anyway!) it is a romance story at heart (at least from what I can tell), so if that's not you then the game is never going to be for you.
Yeah, you are probably right. I guess hoped it would be a bit more like for example Depraved Awakening. Game that has lot of erotic content but at it's core it's heavily story based. That doesn't seem to be the case with Becoming a Rock Star anymore. Even though the story wasn't particularly intriguing to begin, with it was there at least. But that last update didn't move story at all. Nothing mayor happend there. I hoped BARS wouldn't share the fate of such games like Good Girl Gone Bad where later to the game it was just going from scene to scene with no story at all.

Soul_less327

Dec 24, 2019
Is the gallery out of order or is there a massage scene I missed in this update? I looks like it takes place after the threesome but before the scene with the boss. I'm asking because there are scenes in the gallery that are locked even though I'm pretty sure I've seen them. I may need to start a fresh playthrough....

Amnios

Donor
Dec 27, 2018
Is the gallery out of order or is there a massage scene I missed in this update? I looks like it takes place after the threesome but before the scene with the boss. I'm asking because there are scenes in the gallery that are locked even though I'm pretty sure I've seen them. I may need to start a fresh playthrough....
Some of the scenes are out of order.

whf

Nov 9, 2017
So now I loaded earlier save to just try playing like a guy that is adamant about not having anything close to serious relationship, which lead me to not having any scenes in the last update. For that playthrough only Rosa and maybe Catherine in the future seem like options. Emma will certainly eventually lead to the choice of break up/get together as a couple too, imo. Yeah, that is surely a bit sad that you can't really be like a rock star in becoming a rock star game. Sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll!

Amnios

Donor
Dec 27, 2018
So now I loaded earlier save to just try playing like a guy that is adamant about not having anything close to serious relationship, which lead me to not having any scenes in the last update. For that playthrough only Rosa and maybe Catherine in the future seem like options. Emma will certainly eventually lead to the choice of break up/get together as a couple too, imo. Yeah, that is surely a bit sad that you can't really be like a rock star in becoming a rock star game. Sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll!
Maybe it should be called becoming a romantic rock star? ;)

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Do you people know you don't need Unren for extracting this game's files? I've seen a lot of comments suggesting using it but there's no need, this game is not compiled

EvilChef

Sep 23, 2016
Do you people know you don't need Unren for extracting this game's files? I've seen a lot of comments suggesting using it but there's no need, this game is not compiled
Unren contains a few other options as well m8. Like allowing forced skip, enabling console and so on. It's not only used for unpacking.

Reactions: moskyx

JoSolo

Apr 5, 2018
Maybe it's just me but i find Lisa's commanding attitude during the threesome scenes really out of character and annoying because she's normally never like this and way more shy.. There should be a choice for the player if he likes this behavior or not, because i for one don't..

Last edited:
Reactions: ScorpionZero

witteb

May 3, 2019
Maybe it's just me but i find Lisa's commanding attitude during the threesome scenes really out of character and annoying because she's normally never like this and way more shy.. There should be a choice for the player if he likes this behavior or not, because i for one don't..
Have you ever been to an party and experienced all the horny, drunken girls?

ScorpionZero

Mar 16, 2019
I wouldn't say it's annoying but it's pretty out of character. What's also out of character to me is how Jade is really shy and timid, like she's a stereotypical supervirgin who's ashamed to admit how good it feels, etc.. I'm guessing it's that way because MC is still Lisa's boyfriend and she's the one who OK'd adding Jade to the mix.

It's pretty heavy-handed in making Lisa the dominant and Jade the submissive. I'd rather just the two girls be themselves and enjoy it. If not that, I think the roles should be reversed and Lisa should be shy and Jade should be dominant.

I really hope the dynamic switches and there's a possibility of jealousy between Lisa and Jade, which can lead to picking one over the other. It's been done well in other games, and it's perfectly set up to happen here.

4.20 star(s) 233 Votes