4.50 star(s) 48 Votes

D_J123

Jun 2, 2022
A trap in sexual context is a person who dresses like the opposite sex (crossdressing) and hides its own sex, which may fool other people. If everybody knows, nobody is fooled and it is no trap. The dev probably does not know the meaning of "trap".
It is not revealed in the demo what "becoming a trap" really includes. The game has the "transformation" tag.
Agreed, thinking it's more like "Becoming A Sissy"

balitz Method

Jan 30, 2018
You literally nitpicked one thing. My main point was that this MC isn't a trap as he doesn't even crossdress.
While I don't disagree that quite a few people don't understand the nuances it's not just a matter of crossdressing, either. Westerners have trouble with it because there really isn't an analogue for the otoko-no-ko character type in American and Euro cultures.

Basically it doesn't actually matter if a trap character crossdresses or not (the one in My High School RomCom SNAFU for instance never does) because the essence of it is drawn from a crossing two particular lingual associations, not clothing styles. In Japanese kawaii has an unspoken association with girly things while kakkoii is associated with manly things. If an anime girl calls a guy 'kakkoii' she's not -just- saying he's cool, she's implying he's masculine in an attractive way. It'd normally be embarrassing for a boy to be called 'kawaii' because that can also be taken as an insult to say that he comes off as effeminate. The essence of a trap character is a boy who comes off to others as girly-cute and who may even take pride in that without it effecting their gender identity. That's part of why it has no context in the west; the idea of a person who has a girlish presentation but isn't necessarily an effeminate gay man or someone who's literally trying to become a woman is foreign. There wasn't even a word for it until the anime community organically started calling them traps.

This is Russian and from what I've seen their conception is closer to what westerners call sissies: effeminate boys who're taken advantage of sexually and emasculated, usually by older men. That idea literally goes back to Bible days. It's a little known fact that the verse "thou shall not lie with a man as one would with a woman" would be better-translated as "don't fuck the pubescent boy prostitutes, not even if they're dressed up like women, okay?". That's been going on in the Middle East for thousands of years and still happens today, even.

archdude

Dec 19, 2017
While I don't disagree that quite a few people don't understand the nuances it's not just a matter of crossdressing, either. Westerners have trouble with it because there really isn't an analogue for the otoko-no-ko character type in American and Euro cultures.

Basically it doesn't actually matter if a trap character crossdresses or not (the one in My High School RomCom SNAFU for instance never does) because the essence of it is drawn from a crossing two particular lingual associations, not clothing styles. In Japanese kawaii has an unspoken association with girly things while kakkoii is associated with manly things. If an anime girl calls a guy 'kakkoii' she's not -just- saying he's cool, she's implying he's masculine in an attractive way. It'd normally be embarrassing for a boy to be called 'kawaii' because that can also be taken as an insult to say that he comes off as effeminate. The essence of a trap character is a boy who comes off to others as girly-cute and who may even take pride in that without it effecting their gender identity. That's part of why it has no context in the west; the idea of a person who has a girlish presentation but isn't necessarily an effeminate gay man or someone who's literally trying to become a woman is foreign. There wasn't even a word for it until the anime community organically started calling them traps.

This is Russian and from what I've seen their conception is closer to what westerners call sissies: effeminate boys who're taken advantage of sexually and emasculated, usually by older men. That idea literally goes back to Bible days. It's a little known fact that the verse "thou shall not lie with a man as one would with a woman" would be better-translated as "don't fuck the pubescent boy prostitutes, not even if they're dressed up like women, okay?". That's been going on in the Middle East for thousands of years and still happens today, even.
That was interesting read (y)
I think that term "femboy" hits all the boxes necessary to match prototype author trying to describe though.

VarMirror

Dec 17, 2021
Very Good solid start to this trap game... Hope they keep working on it & getting this game completed/finished. Love the art style and that it is placed in a parallel universe. I can't wait for more.

Reactions: Oxiton and Axel34

Axel34

Jan 5, 2019
Art style looks great! And idea, according to description, is also great. Didn't play it yet because all content of the game is on screenshots obviously. But after another or couple of updates I definitely try it, seems like that the author has hit some of my kinks.

Mehli

May 13, 2018
I will actually keep an eye on this one, seems to be actually well done given the images attached.
Will definetly hope that is grows and doesn't die.

Reactions: Oxiton and Axel34

Osk0

Oct 12, 2018
It's only a small thing to judge for now but I'm very excited to see more from this game. I love the art and while some people were complaining about the MC not being futa I much prefer a male or trap mc in a world of futa especially dominant ones like this seems to be. I'm especially interested in incest with the futa mom. Only issue is the translation can be pretty rough but I've come to expect it in a lot of these games.

4.50 star(s) 48 Votes