4.50 star(s) 49 Votes

Mortime2g

Jul 12, 2021
Using Chrome web browser, I just downloaded the WIN version from each of the 5 links in the OP. I also have Windows Defender as my only AV. I had no problem. If you are attempting to download from Anonfiles and Mixdrop make sure you're actually downloading the ZIP file and not some additional possible file (EXE, VBS, etc) - the other 3, GoFile, Mega, and Workupload should be no problem at all.
I got virus notify for mega link.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I got virus notify for mega link.
It's a false positive if you got a virus notification for mega -- or there is something else going on with your computer. There is no virus in the proper files at the links provided in OP.

cantpickaname

Jan 27, 2020
You've downloaded it to whatever folder you specified in your mega app. You need to read a bit about what you're trying to do, eg: "how to play VNs on my android device" or whatever your case might be.

cantpickaname

Jan 27, 2020
Maybe check your windows defender, perhaps it got quarantined if you did download a virus. But I've never had a virus issue with this game.

ForestMag

Jan 5, 2023
When downloading, Windows defender started swearing at the virus Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml, when checking VirusTotal it gave this: Jiangmin Trojan.Generic.hpekt

Last edited:

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
When downloading, Windows defender started swearing at the virus Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml, when checking VirusTotal it gave this: Jiangmin Trojan.Generic.hpekt
This has been discussed several times in the last few pages. It's a false positive by Windows Defender. The Chinese antivirus program Jiangmin that is one used by VirusTotal is also notorious for giving false positives and tagging it as Trojan.Generic.XXXX ...

There is no virus.

Also, what browser are you using to download it on? What version of windows and is your windows completely up to date? ... I am on Windows10, up to date, use Chrome and only use Windows Defender for antivirus --- and it has detected NOTHING in the game as a virus and I've downloaded from every link in the OP.

ForestMag

Jan 5, 2023
This has been discussed several times in the last few pages. It's a false positive by Windows Defender. The Chinese antivirus program Jiangmin that is one used by VirusTotal is also notorious for giving false positives and tagging it as Trojan.Generic.XXXX ...

There is no virus.

Also, what browser are you using to download it on? What version of windows and is your windows completely up to date? ... I am on Windows10, up to date, use Chrome and only use Windows Defender for antivirus --- and it has detected NOTHING in the game as a virus and I've downloaded from every link in the OP.

I use Yandex browser, on the latest version of Windows, after several messages about a virus when downloading a game from this site, as well as TFGames, reinstalled Windows, messages also continue to issue when downloading, install via mega

Last edited:

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I use Yandex browser, on the latest version of Windows, after several messages about a virus when downloading a game from this site, as well as TFGames reinstalled Windows, messages also continue to issue when downloading, install via mega
So you're using Windows 11, up to date, with Yandex browser? Have you tried using a different browser and/or downloading from a different link in OP?

I just downloaded the zip file from MEGA (for the 10th time) and scanned it with Windows Defender (for the 9th time):
1679837519259.png
Out of the 70 antivirus applications used by VirusTotal website - only 1 - the Chinese company Jiangmin reports a virus. The other 69 detect nothing.
1679837859771.png

Again, there is no virus in this game. It's a false positive.

ForestMag

Jan 5, 2023
So you're using Windows 11, up to date, with Yandex browser? Have you tried using a different browser and/or downloading from a different link in OP?

I just downloaded the zip file from MEGA (for the 10th time) and scanned it with Windows Defender (for the 9th time):
View attachment 2496014
Out of the 70 antivirus applications used by VirusTotal website - only 1 - the Chinese company Jiangmin reports a virus. The other 69 detect nothing.
View attachment 2496023

Again, there is no virus in this game. It's a false positive.

Correction, I use Windows 10 completely updated, the error was given by Windows defender when downloading from Yandex browser and microsoft edge, I tried downloading from different sources Mega as well as MIXDROP, I understand that this is most likely an error, and it gives me almost every time I download any game from this site or from TFGames

Reactions: Count Morado

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Correction, I use Windows 10 completely updated, the error was given by Windows defender when downloading from Yandex browser and microsoft edge, I tried downloading from different sources Mega as well as MIXDROP, I understand that this is most likely an error, and it gives me almost every time I download any game from this site or from TFGames
We both use up-to-date Windows 10 (Mine is OS Build 1904.2728 Version 22H2), I just used Edge to download from Mega...
1679839500706.png 1679839523632.png
And again, got no virus detected by Windows Defender.

I'm wondering if the others who saying they get the same notification are in a similar region of the world as where you are and if Windows Defender includes slightly different antivirus definitions in that region than in the United States.

But yes, when 69 other antivirus providers detect nothing but 1 does (that is known to throw up that Trojan as a false positive in the past - including for Steam games, VLC, privately made applications, etc) -- it would be a sign that it's an error.

ForestMag

Jan 5, 2023
We both use up-to-date Windows 10 (Mine is OS Build 1904.2728 Version 22H2), I just used Edge to download from Mega...
View attachment 2496076 View attachment 2496078
And again, got no virus detected by Windows Defender.

I'm wondering if the others who saying they get the same notification are in a similar region of the world as where you are and if Windows Defender includes slightly different antivirus definitions in that region than in the United States.

But yes, when 69 other antivirus providers detect nothing but 1 does (that is known to throw up that Trojan as a false positive in the past - including for Steam games, VLC, privately made applications, etc) -- it would be a sign that it's an error.

I don't think it depends on the region, unless of course the Windows defender policy has recently changed, since everything was fine with previous updates of this game and others, but I will hope that this is still a false alarm, and also maybe you can tell with such a problem on the site as not downloaded pictures, there is an icon images but the picture itself does not load

SickleLove

Aug 23, 2020
I got the same issue with the virus warning and checked my windows update with no avail.
so tried to extract it while I allowed the threat but still windows automatically delete it unlike the previouse version which worked fine...

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I got the same issue with the virus warning and checked my windows update with no avail.
so tried to extract it while I allowed the threat but still windows automatically delete it unlike the previouse version which worked fine...
As has been stated, shown, discussed in the past several pages - it's a false positive. However, here are some questions for you to share your answers:

What are of the world do you live in?
What site did you download from?
What browser did you use to download?
What version of windows are you using (Windows 7, 8, 10, 11)?
Is it 64bit or 32bit?
What was the final name of the file (including file type) that you downloaded?

Last edited:

SickleLove

Aug 23, 2020
As has been stated, shown, discussed in the past several pages - it's a false positive. However, here are some questions for you to share your answers:

Is it 64bit or 32bit?
Honestly don't know what you mean by that but let say 3rd world country using VPN

All of them including MEGA stuck at the end and window's defender pops up

Firefox and Chrome

Windows 10, V 22H2

Is it 64bit or 32bit?

becoming_a_femboy-0.5.0PR-win

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Honestly don't know what you mean by that but let say 3rd world country using VPN
What I am wondering with this question is it appears not all Windows Defenders on all PCs are getting this false positive notification - so it might be a regional thing with certain virus definitions being applicable upon Microsoft. 70+ antivirus checkers do not pop the false positive... only Windows Defender in certain areas of the world and the Chinese antivirus Jiangmin - which may imply that some versions of Windows Defender appear to use the same virus definitions as Jiangmin.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: SickleLove
4.50 star(s) 49 Votes