notmm27

Oct 28, 2018
It's considered by many to be the best scifi novel of all time.
is it a good read for today's age? everybody talks about dune, but the book is almost 60 years old. i'm starting to read novels(predominantly light novels) but i love sci fi and dune pops up everywhere, recommended by mostly "aged" people. And seeing the hype for the movies, i wanna give it a go. but is it worth it though

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
is it a good read for today's age? everybody talks about dune, but the book is almost 60 years old. i'm starting to read novels(predominantly light novels) but i love sci fi and dune pops up everywhere, recommended by mostly "aged" people. And seeing the hype for the movies, i wanna give it a go. but is it worth it though
The ideas presented are not contemporary, so it still holds up in many regards. The second book after the first book is a bit boring, but it sets up the world, lore, and the future after everything has been "conquered" and it's also shorter than the first book. There is in my opinion many big "payoffs" in the third book. I don't want to spoil too much, but the following books are not "more" of the same. They are all so freaking awesome.

Muad'ib

Mar 16, 2017
Yup the first 3 books are great but after children of dune it starts to drop off in quality

Reactions: afterlights

HerbertIronsides

Oct 2, 2017
Been following this game since the beginning in 2016 and he still refuses to give us a Jessica ending and even teases us with it with a dialoged option at the end that leads to nothing and a dream sequence. What the actual fuck.

JugarComica

Sep 13, 2017
Most of them can be, but some are mutually exclusive. But whenever you begin a new game, your unlocked scenes stay. It's also a very short game. And then there's a cheat, that unlocks all scenes immediately (clicking the top of the tower on the far left in the smuggler village.)

It means do everything else sexual with her, i.e. get the boobjob and get the handjob in the pool.
Thank you for your reply.

Ghost'Xo

Formerly 'Ghost''
Oct 24, 2020
Fully optional, but you can see her dick by accident. I've mentioned earlier how to avoid that.

Great stuff! I've always wondered why there is almost no r34 of Dune. You are doing a good deed here, by helping out the incest-starved sleazoids on this board.

Damn, you were right after all. What a shame, it would have made so much sense to have the wedding as the 'Duke of Caladan' ending, which is still missing an animation.

Still, I've noticed something new. I don't know if it was added in this update or earlier. Talking to Jessica after the Harkonnen ending, she remarks how her views on many things have changed after spending much time with the Baron. She will willingly submit to your every request and you don't have to have used the Voice on her at any point. It's just a little bit of text and not exactly lovey-dovey, but still better than hypno-raping her.

That guide is ancient. It is for the finished v1 of BtD, which isn't even hosted here anymore (if you want to try that, check an earlier post of mine).
Go to the developer's website (linked in the OP) and you will find a newer but still not up-to-date guide. The info in there should all be correct (I hope) and it will get you through the game, but it's missing a lot of the newer content.
I guess, that David intends to hold off on updating his guide, since he is so close to finishing the game, anyway. Or at least, that's what we thought until recently :p Who knows how many updates are really still ahead. It seems the developer can't let go of the project.
So, unfortunately for you, you will just have to use the search function or ask nicely for solutions to stuff, that's not yet in the official guide.
Thanks!

JayCo

Sep 7, 2020
related post:

This is a difficult question for me to answer. It depends on how you define harem and sharing. Still, I think this earlier post of mine could be useful to you.

Personally, I wouldn't have tagged this harem. You can end up with 3 official wives/concubines by the end and another one in a grey area. Everyone else is just more or less casual encounters, although you have constant access to them.
Many thanks!

Sep 30, 2017
Oof! The new Jessica ending is still a sketch? o_O I'll probably wait until it gets animated. I'll nut to something else for now. Can't wait tho! :p

vitamin433

May 11, 2018
The only game I follow and it's because of Jessica.
Just why this is only a WIP release or is he intentionally going this way?
Just so you know: there already was a final release.
And after he updated some bugs-fix.
And a better art.
Changed some lil things. Mmm?? Yeah-yeah, it's final version...

And it was only 2.5

Phenomamd

Dec 27, 2017
Why can't i get this to work on Chrome anymore?
Flash is being made obsolete, therefore it's a bitch to get modern browsers to play it.
You have two ways to play the game:
1) Download the SWF (Flash version) and download a and play it that way - I've linked the direct download link from Adobe so you know it's safe, personally I put the flash player in my C root and associated SWF files with it so I can just double click flash games to play them.

2) Download the EXE and play that.

4.40 star(s) 98 Votes