reynold.biplane

Dec 11, 2018
Also, the "doesn't fit the character" argument can be used only to a degree, if we wanted to be precise and faithful to the books the only characters to ever express any interest in Paul in a sexual way would be Chani and Harah.

If Balsamique can add flying poop or a futa Yueh with an interest in prostatic examinations in his game, then he can't use the "out of character" card, sorry. Just stop trying to milk this game.
To clarify, I don't really mean "out of character" in relation to the book or any other adaptation. Obviously this is right out the window. Rather, I think, that David has developed his own sort of headcanon for his characters, that is only partially based on the original. And in his head, Jessica has a a rather relaxed, almost sordid sexuality, while at the same time maintaining a strong moral compass. And most importantly, she doesn't submit easily. She always has to be in control. She is clearly not designed to be the average incest fan's fantasy-mommy, who will willingly and devotedly fulfill her son's every wish and love every second of it. Personally, I like David's interpretation. There are plenty other games, that go all the way.
But I can also understand how frustrating it might be to almost get your perfect fantasy, and constantly being reminded of what could be, but nope. Never gonna happen.
Oh well.

He has to milk it, this is the only game of his people actually like
Yeah, well. Vega Hunters was a failure, not gonna lie. In my opinion, David messed up, when he changed the core gameplay. Even fewer people were interested in the game after that. I have the feeling he just wanted to get the game done at that point. The new gameplay meant a lot less work drawing backgrounds and writing dialogue. But failures happen, gotta move on.
His new game on the other hand isn't really off the ground yet. It may well get popular in the future. The quality is there for sure. It's just lacking in content at this point.

I find it unfair to say David is milking Dune. Artists like working on different projects at the same time. It keeps them from burning out. David was experimenting with new things even while Dune was still his main focus. And he has a genuine love for Dune plus his fans keep asking him to make more. So why not? It's not like he is charging money. These are free updates for a free game. If people think they have to spend their money to keep those 2-3 updates per year rolling out, that's their own fault.

PhantomStranger

Oct 23, 2017
First of all reinhold.doppeldecker, thanks for sharing your opinion. I appreciate that.

To clarify, I don't really mean "out of character" in relation to the book or any other adaptation. Obviously this is right out the window. Rather, I think, that David has developed his own sort of headcanon for his characters, that is only partially based on the original. And in his head, Jessica has a a rather relaxed, almost sordid sexuality, while at the same time maintaining a strong moral compass. And most importantly, she doesn't submit easily. She always has to be in control. She is clearly not designed to be the average incest fan's fantasy-mommy, who will willingly and devotedly fulfill her son's every wish and love every second of it. Personally, I like David's interpretation. There are plenty other games, that go all the way.
But I can also understand how frustrating it might be to almost get your perfect fantasy, and constantly being reminded of what could be, but nope. Never gonna happen.
Oh well.

I find it unfair to say David is milking Dune. Artists like working on different projects at the same time. It keeps them from burning out. David was experimenting with new things even while Dune was still his main focus. And he has a genuine love for Dune plus his fans keep asking him to make more. So why not? It's not like he is charging money. These are free updates for a free game. If people think they have to spend their money to keep those 2-3 updates per year rolling out, that's their own fault.

That's the point. I personally would have no problem with Jessica being unattainable if he made it clear instead of keeping adding teasing content to keep the interest high.
But let's be honest, if he did that I seriously doubt that all the others addition to the game would have created the same level of interest. So I agree that an artist can keep returning to his best game from time to time, but he should have been firmer if his intention was to keep Jessica out of reach, instead of frustrating people giving false hopes every time for his own gain.

Instead he decided to throw a bone to the fans now and then, but every time he actually delivered something valuable, he HAD to add something else to ruin it. First it was forcing the player to use blackmail and the Voice while giving dialogues that clearly were insulting to the player (why adding them only with Jessica while Paul used the Voice on all those Fremen women without complains?), then adding sex scenes but for Duncan and with poop included, then adding the"Bobbit ending", then finally the marriage scene but oh wait! it's just a vision, sorry!
Same thing with Alia to some degree, you want sex scenes with her? Let Paul be cucked by Duncan! Oh you mean sex with Paul? Ok, but here is also some fisting and Alia will slap you in the face... (It doesn't need Freud to get that it is Balsa projecting, here).
See what I mean? All of this adds up giving a bad "fuck you" impression to the very people that made this game famous in the first place, and THAT I find unfair.

If fans have to accept that an artist has the right to do what he wants with his game (to which I agree) on the other side maybe the artist has to accept that what he personally likes is not what the fans like, and perhaps respect them (even if he doesn't want to indulge them) rather than keeping insulting them and their intelligence. That's seems petty and childish. You don't want to do it? Just don't, try to add something else and see if you were right and it works, instead of keeping this frustrating baiting to content you clearly don't want do create.

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
ok so not going to lie here to many pages and i don.t know how this search stuff works to well what are the cheat's are were.

reynold.biplane

Dec 11, 2018
ok so not going to lie here to many pages and i don.t know how this search stuff works to well what are the cheat's are were.
Smuggler's village. Click the top of the tower on the left.

is this literally a nothing update bruh lmao
Yep. The "real" update will come at the end of this month.

First of all reinhold.doppeldecker, thanks for sharing your opinion. I appreciate that.

That's the point. I personally would have no problem with Jessica being unattainable if he made it clear instead of keeping adding teasing content to keep the interest high.
But let's be honest, if he did that I seriously doubt that all the others addition to the game would have created the same level of interest. So I agree that an artist can keep returning to his best game from time to time, but he should have been firmer if his intention was to keep Jessica out of reach, instead of frustrating people giving false hopes every time for his own gain.

Instead he decided to throw a bone to the fans now and then, but every time he actually delivered something valuable, he HAD to add something else to ruin it. First it was forcing the player to use blackmail and the Voice while giving dialogues that clearly were insulting to the player (why adding them only with Jessica while Paul used the Voice on all those Fremen women without complains?), then adding sex scenes but for Duncan and with poop included, then adding the"Bobbit ending", then finally the marriage scene but oh wait! it's just a vision, sorry!
Same thing with Alia to some degree, you want sex scenes with her? Let Paul be cucked by Duncan! Oh you mean sex with Paul? Ok, but here is also some fisting and Alia will slap you in the face... (It doesn't need Freud to get that it is Balsa projecting, here).
See what I mean? All of this adds up giving a bad "fuck you" impression to the very people that made this game famous in the first place, and THAT I find unfair.

If fans have to accept that an artist has the right to do what he wants with his game (to which I agree) on the other side maybe the artist has to accept that what he personally likes is not what the fans like, and perhaps respect them (even if he doesn't want to indulge them) rather than keeping insulting them and their intelligence. That's seems petty and childish. You don't want to do it? Just don't, try to add something else and see if you were right and it works, instead of keeping this frustrating baiting to content you clearly don't want do create.
I understand what you're saying, but I don't understand how someone can feel this way.
I'd rather have more of a thing, that I like, even if it doesn't fully measure up to my expectations. Then again of course, my expectations aren't the same as yours. And maybe I just fundamentally don't care as much as you do.
As long as the visuals are good, I'm happy. If necessary, I will ignore the story and make up my own. But that's actually rarely necessary.
I'm quite happy with how things have turned out. Especially Alia. I really enjoy her brattiness. It makes me want to get some sexy revenge. And that slap? Maybe it really is Freudian. I like to think to think that this is an expression of Balsa punishing himself for being into loli. : )

Reactions: Impregnator_Erectux

moeseph123

Jun 22, 2020
I seem to be stuck on the dead sandworm quest. No matter where I go Chani tells me there is not enough spice to find a piece of dead sandworm. Any suggestions?

Jan 3, 2021
First it was forcing the player to use blackmail and the Voice while giving dialogues that clearly were insulting to the player (why adding them only with Jessica while Paul used the Voice on all those Fremen women without complains?)
Is on character?

And in his head, Jessica has a a rather relaxed, almost sordid sexuality, while at the same time maintaining a strong moral compass. And most importantly, she doesn't submit easily.
:unsure:

Jan 3, 2021
I understand what you're saying, but I don't understand how someone can feel this way.
I'd rather have more of a thing, that I like, even if it doesn't fully measure up to my expectations. Then again of course, my expectations aren't the same as yours. And maybe I just fundamentally don't care as much as you do.
As long as the visuals are good, I'm happy. If necessary, I will ignore the story and make up my own. But that's actually rarely necessary.
I'm quite happy with how things have turned out. Especially Alia. I really enjoy her brattiness. It makes me want to get some sexy revenge. And that slap? Maybe it really is Freudian. I like to think to think that this is an expression of Balsa punishing himself for being into loli. : )
This. He gave us that breastfeeding scene last year. I don't think he hates creating that kind of content at all. He's quite friendly about it on Discord.

PhantomStranger

Oct 23, 2017
Is on character?

:unsure:
One could say the same of the proud Fremen people, and yet...

But I don't want to convince anyone, I just summarized how I felt about it in the last few years. Today I am quite less involved into BtD because of how it turned out and because I have seen the game Balsa plays again and again. I am more disappointed than angry, honestly.

Whenever it will finally be completed maybe I will make a mod to fit better my tastes, but I don't know if it is worth the effort since Flash is much harder to mod than a Ren'py game.

pr0n

Aug 23, 2017
Dev could make a Dune sequel, prequel or alternative MC. Any of those would be way better than this sad milking :poop:

4.40 star(s) 98 Votes