Fan Art Being A DIK: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Laurelin

Apr 3, 2020
Hi guys !
First of all, don't be too hard with my english, I'm french and school is deffo so far !!
I have discovered BADIK few weeks ago, and I think I'm addict ! And I can see that I'm not alone, that's great ! Even if we all know the unrelieved suffering of waiting the next episode...:cry::cry::cry:
Also, for some time now, I'd really enjoy to try something in this VN universe. I always had a bit imagination and some skills in music and drawing...
As I can consider that I'm an old-fashioned guy now (I'm 55...), I've always had the passion for female body, the most important, awesome, incredible, unutterable, and finally wonderful thing in the world. It's my only religion, my universe, my hope, my reason for being...
I've always loved the artwork of Luis Royo, Franck Frazetta, Boris Vallejo, Julie Bell, Wojtek Siudmak and so on ; I have already tried (with more or less success) to draw some of their works with pensils or paintbrush, but I want to go further since I discovered 3D art.
When I see all the amazing artwork in these pages (Coriolan, you're really mindblowing !! And some others too : Arcanjo Fel, Le Phew, Mr. Vargas, Dumitas, DarkHorizon and so on...), I wish that some of you could maybe give me some information and advice. But I have a lot of questions...
I have exactly the same feeling that Mr. Vargas :
Creating beautiful character renders was always my dream. When I started to play VN's and found F95Zone everything changed for me. I discovered many talented people in here and their works inspired me.
Taking BADIK as a model :

1/ The main software : I think it's DAZ studio. Ok, it's free, and we have to buy the 3D models (characters, items, outfits, animals, outdoors, indoors, settings, ….....), so :
a) whithout speaking of artistic talent, is there any chance I can master this tool before year 3522^^ (even if I'm stubborn !) ??? For instance, Coriolan, how long have you been working on Daz studio ? Maybe you did any artistic studies (I didn't...) ? b) Have you any suggestion for me to begin (tutorials, essential starting 3D models bundles, ...) ?
c) with any model, is it possible to create any gest, position, move effect, light effect, ...
d) If I need to modify something (any shape, color, inscription, lanscape, …), will some software like Photoshop or TheGimp be needed (example : take the HOT's outfit, and replace the inscription « HOT » by « YES ») ?
e) Is mix possible (for instance put the model A's head on the model B's body) ?
f) Can animations be made with Daz studio ? I have seen Maya (the software, not the lovely BADIK caracter^^, even if Josy is my favorite :love:), so... ?

2/ Now let's suppose that we have the pictures (exported from Daz studio in jpg format ?) and the storyline, how to build the VN ? With Ren'Py ?
a) does it manages menus (« Save », « Load », « Main Menu », « Preferences », …), texts, items to click on, bonus pictures that we have to unlock by clicking on items into the game for instance ? Same thing for the file tree (folders « game », « lib », « renpy », file .exe and others) ? What about if I want to put some music (I am musician) ?
b) is it easy to build different choices (and so different paths) ? Programming is needed ? Ren'Py language ? Python ? Others ?
c) in BADIK, there are some mini-games. Have they been made with Ren'Py, or otherwise how ?

3/ The hardware. I bet this kind of stuff (especially animations) needs at least some power. Speaking about CPU, RAM, graphic card, HD, is there any bottom line ?
I usually work on Windows 10, but I like very much Linux Ubuntu. Is one better than the other ?

Sorry, that's a lot of questions (and I'm sure I've missed a lot of them^^). Thanks for your time to read me, and I hope to guide and help me in my never-ending quest of the Graal : female body.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr. Vargas

Mr. Vargas

Lead artist at Love-Joint
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 18, 2018
Hi guys !
First of all, don't be too hard with my english, I'm french and school is deffo so far !!
I have discovered BADIK few weeks ago, and I think I'm addict ! And I can see that I'm not alone, that's great ! Even if we all know the unrelieved suffering of waiting the next episode...:cry::cry::cry:
Also, for some time now, I'd really enjoy to try something in this VN universe. I always had a bit imagination and some skills in music and drawing...
As I can consider that I'm an old-fashioned guy now (I'm 55...), I've always had the passion for female body, the most important, awesome, incredible, unutterable, and finally wonderful thing in the world. It's my only religion, my universe, my hope, my reason for being...
I've always loved the artwork of Luis Royo, Franck Frazetta, Boris Vallejo, Julie Bell, Wojtek Siudmak and so on ; I have already tried (with more or less success) to draw some of their works with pensils or paintbrush, but I want to go further since I discovered 3D art.
When I see all the amazing artwork in these pages (Coriolan, you're really mindblowing !! And some others too : Arcanjo Fel, Le Phew, Mr. Vargas, Dumitas, DarkHorizon and so on...), I wish that some of you could maybe give me some information and advice. But I have a lot of questions...

1/ The main software : I think it's DAZ studio. Ok, it's free, and we have to buy the 3D models (characters, items, outfits, animals, outdoors, indoors, settings, ….....), so :
a) whithout speaking of artistic talent, is there any chance I can master this tool before year 3522^^ (even if I'm stubborn !) ??? For instance, Coriolan, how long have you been working on Daz studio ? Maybe you did any artistic studies (I didn't...) ? b) Have you any suggestion for me to begin (tutorials, essential starting 3D models bundles, ...) ?
c) with any model, is it possible to create any gest, position, move effect, light effect, ...
d) If I need to modify something (any shape, color, inscription, lanscape, …), will some software like Photoshop or TheGimp be needed (example : take the HOT's outfit, and replace the inscription « HOT » by « YES ») ?
e) Is mix possible (for instance put the model A's head on the model B's body) ?
f) Can animations be made with Daz studio ? I have seen Maya (the software, not the lovely BADIK caracter^^, even if Josy is my favorite :love:), so... ?

2/ Now let's suppose that we have the pictures (exported from Daz studio in jpg format ?) and the storyline, how to build the VN ? With Ren'Py ?
a) does it manages menus (« Save », « Load », « Main Menu », « Preferences », …), texts, items to click on, bonus pictures that we have to unlock by clicking on items into the game for instance ? Same thing for the file tree (folders « game », « lib », « renpy », file .exe and others) ? What about if I want to put some music (I am musician) ?
b) is it easy to build different choices (and so different paths) ? Programming is needed ? Ren'Py language ? Python ? Others ?
c) in BADIK, there are some mini-games. Have they been made with Ren'Py, or otherwise how ?

3/ The hardware. I bet this kind of stuff (especially animations) needs at least some power. Speaking about CPU, RAM, graphic card, HD, is there any bottom line ?
I usually work on Windows 10, but I like very much Linux Ubuntu. Is one better than the other ?

Sorry, that's a lot of questions (and I'm sure I've missed a lot of them^^). Thanks for your time to read me, and I hope to guide and help me in my never-ending quest of the Graal : female body.

First of all welcome to F95Zone. I don't have the all answers you seeking for but I'll help you as much as I can. And don't worry about English. No one is perfect :)

Learning
If you want to learn DAZ Studio then YouTube is your best friend. As I mentioned before I have 3D work experience for 14 years. But I started my DAZ Studio journey in March 2020. My 14 years experience helped me a lot. I was familiar with the workflow. I have knowledge for lighting, camera positions, texture baking, shader and material properties and render options etc... But the point is I learned all those things myself. All you need is finding good source of tutorials. You can check Youtube for that matter. For starter you can watch Parmy Baddhan's tutorials, if you can bare his accent :) I've learned basic things from his videos.

Software
Normally I'm using 3DSMax with Vray render for product and architectural visualisations. For character renders I'm using DAZ Studio with Iray render. For texture making or editing I'm using Photoshop. For post production I'm using also Photoshop and recently started using Lightroom. But sometimes you will need to use other softwares for fixing problems. You will need to export your object to another program. After fixing the problem you will have to import DAZ Studio again. To deal with mesh problems or unwanted parts on objects I'm using 3DSMax. You can use Blender too for that matter. If you have problem with the cloth pieces you can use software named Marvelous Designer.

Assets
Well this part is really tricky. It's up to you and your salary. I believe that most of us are being pirate here. Because unlike game developers we don't earn any money from our artwoks. This is just a hobby for us.

If you are willing to pay for assets you can go to;

If not, these are the websites you can try;
F95Zone

Creating an artwork
Possibilities are almost limitless. You can insert a character, put dress on it, pose it, give expression or even animate it. But posing a character and placing basic light won't get you anywhere. You will need more than that. You need to create a scene not just a plain render. For that you have to create environment. If you are aiming realism in your renders environments are very important.

Also you need to learn morphing. Morphing is very important part of creating an artwork. For example, for BADIK characters you will need to shape base models to get the accurate appearance. You have to download additional morph bundles to access specific morphs. You can find all resources those website listed above. As for mixing bodies, yes it's possible. Some characters have head moprhs seperately. You can use them on base Genesis8 models to create different characters. You also need to know basic human anatomy. Size are very important if you are not creating a cartoon character. Material knowledge is also important thing of creating an artwork. Sometimes you will have to mix skins and other textures. But among the all these things you will need to have a vision and imagination. Without those features you won't be able to work.

Making a game
I'm not an expert for making games in RenPy but I watched some tutorials back then. If you are going to create simple VN wihtout minigames or choices, all you need is basic coding and resources you produced. There are few tutorials on YouTube you can easily learn RenPy.

Hardware
Well more horsepower is always handy. Though it depends on your money. In DAZ Studio you can use Iray which is supporting for both CPU and GPU rendering at the same time. You can buy 2x 2080Ti and make your renders really fast. I suggest you to use graphic card with higher video RAM. If your scenes are too crowded, too detailed or have lots of 4K textures and trying to render it with a graphic card with low video memory Iray will tell you FO! :)

I suggest you to use at least QuadCore CPU and 16 GB RAM. As I said before if you have money, aim always higher. Because higher is always better when it comes to 3D art.

Well I hope this helps for you.

Last edited:

ubblesnop

Sep 1, 2018
Okay, here is a list of Daz3D Assets that have been identified by me or other people in this tread:

MC:
Body
Skin
Hair

Camila:
Body
Skin
Hair 1
Hair 2

Quinn:
Body
Skin
Hair

Jill:
Body
Skin
Hair

Sally (Nerd Girl):
Body
Skin
Hair

Sarah:
Body
Skin
Hair

Isabella:
Body Macarena 55% Head
Skin
Hair

Maya:
Body ???
Skin ???
Hair

Josy:
Body
Skin
Hair

Sage:
Body
Skin <--Arcanjo_Fel
Hair 1
Hair 2

Cheerleader Outfit:

Texture by Arcanjo_Fel: https://attachments.f95zone.to/2019/08/392384_04HC2.jpg

Waitress:
Body
Skin
Hair
Cloth

Magnar
Body
Skin
Hair
Glasses

Please keep in mind that these assets are sometimes only a starting point, and a lot of morphing is still necessary to replicate the characters from the game.

In addition, if you find models and skins that fit better do not hesitate to contact me and I will update the thread. :)

Edit 1: Skin for Sage (close but not 100%)
Edit 2: Waitress added
Edit 3: Waitress changed to Gen3 Char
Edit 4: Added Magnar identified by: Arcanjo_Fel
Edit 5: Added resources for Josy
Are you guys sure Jill isn’t Yvette?
D230C5CE-3D24-4E19-A40B-D2134AF0D7B1.jpeg

Coriolan

Nov 20, 2017
Hi guys !

Hi Laurelin ;)

I see that most of them have already answered and advised you very well. (y)

So, to make a long story short, yes I use Daz Studio, and as far as the models are concerned, indeed, everything depends on your financial means, you can always find the assets for free, here or elsewhere.

I started my apprenticeship about a year and a half ago, 2 years maybe ?

And the best way is to consult tutorials on Youtube for example, then as a teenager I almost joined a school called "les beaux arts" because I was gifted for drawing, and it helps me a lot now.

Yes, Daz Studio will allow you to integrate the characters and apply different poses, etc..., as well as modify their appearance, morphology, thanks to different morphs (sliders), so there are additional "assets" to do this.

For stories, yes I use Renpy, the same thing, you'll find lots of tutorials on the net.

I'm very happy that you appreciate my work, and I wish you good luck for your learning, but if you like it, you'll see, it's very rewarding. ;)

Coriolan

Nov 20, 2017
Coriolan , OMG you are rising the bar for yourself :love::love::love:
I am just hoping you will never run out of ideas to please folks that admire Bella.....
Just a thought for next render..... Rocky mountains, cabin, camp fire and Bella trying to warm up :love::love::love:
Are you up for a challenge? ;)
BTW, where do you stand with your game? Your talent needs to be utilized for the benefit of of all!!! :love::love::love:
pilapila3

Thank you so much. :love:

I'm working (well, when I have time) on a little story, I'll let you know when it's finished. ;)

Laurelin

Apr 3, 2020
And the best way is to consult tutorials on Youtube for example, then as a teenager I almost joined a school called "les beaux arts" because I was gifted for drawing, and it helps me a lot now.
Thanks to you Coriolan !
Les Beaux Arts ?? Français, donc ?

lordfridge9

Emperor of Universe 7
Donor
Aug 24, 2017
Is this the most wholesome fan art thread or what :love:
Hell, it almost makes me like Quinn!

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes