Fan Art Being A DIK: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Tshaw17 More likely just a need for decreasing the EV in the render settings. Decreasing the Exposure Value will lighten the entire scene and you can then tone down the spot lights that so many people use directly pointed at the model.

Take a look at the render carefully, you added more emissisve surfaces but they are not adding any real light because the model (Jill) is too hot. If you were to lower the intensity of the spots, and at the same time decrease Exposure Value (located in the Tone Mapping page of the Render Settings) you will get a lighter picture, less grainy rendering and still have a correctly exposed Jill. If you need the background to be darker, it is easily accomplished by post processing the image to lower the overall exposure without increasing any grain.

One last thing, unless those light bulbs are super bright LEDs and are cold they shouldn't be that white, lower the temperature and the lumens and they will look better.

Another last thing, your renders have improved immensely from when you first started, keep up the good work.

Reactions: Tshaw17

Tshaw17

Mar 1, 2020
OK, calendar n°11. I Tried to correct lighting as best I as I could (decreasing exposure value and also decreasing lights intensity on the scene). It looks good but still very grainy, even with post denoiser on. I must be doing something wrong, because the render time was about 4 hours and the progress bar stayed at 0% all the time. Anyway I hope you'll like though.

Jill calendar girl 11.png

Asharatf

Dec 26, 2018
OK, calendar n°11. I Tried to correct lighting as best I as I could (decreasing exposure value and also decreasing lights intensity on the scene). It looks good but still very grainy, even with post denoiser on. I must be doing something wrong, because the render time was about 4 hours and the progress bar stayed at 0% all the time. Anyway I hope you'll like though.

View attachment 900032
What are your render settings?

Tshaw17

Mar 1, 2020
What are your render settings?
Here they are^^ :
Res : square 1920*1920
Progressive rendering :
- Min / max samples : 100 / 15000
- Max rendering time : 14400 sec
- Rendering quality : 4.00
- Rendering converged ratio : 100%
Filtering
- Pixel filter radius : 1.10
- Post denoiser on
Tone mapping :
- Exposure value : 12.00
- Shutter speed : 64.00
- F/stop : 8.00
- Film Iso : 100

I used one Key light to brighten Jill a bit and I have this installed :

Asharatf

Dec 26, 2018
Here they are^^ :
Res : square 1920*1920
Progressive rendering :
- Min / max samples : 100 / 15000
- Max rendering time : 14400 sec
- Rendering quality : 4.00
- Rendering converged ratio : 100%
Filtering
- Pixel filter radius : 1.10
- Post denoiser on
Tone mapping :
- Exposure value : 12.00
- Shutter speed : 64.00
- F/stop : 8.00
- Film Iso : 100

I used one Key light to brighten Jill a bit and I have this installed :
Ok I only did this one for about 6-7 minutes and let it run to about 1000 iterations (going to sleep after this).
I used a key light to the left from paper tigers
I used the extreme render preset and matched your own settings for progressive rendering except for min update samples (20) and min samples which I left at 5.

I don't use the denoiser and the pixel filter is mitchell at .8, never messed with that so its probably prism's settings.

Tonemapping
exposure:13.26
film iso: 120
burn highlights: .5
crush blacks: .35
gamma: 1.8
everything else is default

environment
environment mode is scene only
environment intensity: 1.5
environment lighting resolution: 4096

For the light its a point light set to rectangle with 50 for height and width, 350000 lumens and 9k temp, all stock settings for the set of lights.

What are your settings for the light you used? Also just to be sure, headlight is turned to never both in the render settings and on the camera right?

JillLightProof.jpg

Tshaw17

Mar 1, 2020
Ok I only did this one for about 6-7 minutes and let it run to about 1000 iterations (going to sleep after this).
I used a key light to the left from paper tigers
I used the extreme render preset and matched your own settings for progressive rendering except for min update samples (20) and min samples which I left at 5.

I don't use the denoiser and the pixel filter is mitchell at .8, never messed with that so its probably prism's settings.

Tonemapping
exposure:13.26
film iso: 120
burn highlights: .5
crush blacks: .35
gamma: 1.8
everything else is default

environment
environment mode is scene only
environment intensity: 1.5
environment lighting resolution: 4096

For the light its a point light set to rectangle with 50 for height and width, 350000 lumens and 9k temp, all stock settings for the set of lights.

What are your settings for the light you used? Also just to be sure, headlight is turned to never both in the render settings and on the camera right?

View attachment 900395
Thanks for your answer. No no, of course headlamp always turned off in both settings.
Ok I matched your settings. Render started. We'll see^^

Deftera

May 1, 2017
Here's an idea: Postgame Heather being an unfulfilled suburban housewife who sends the MC lewd and/or nude selfies after reconnecting on Swyper.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes