Fan Art Being A DIK: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

JiiEf

Aug 1, 2019
220707 Josy II.jpg

I'm like 6 iterations in, and can no longer say what's wrong or get the uncanny valley feeling. What's your take? If this feels right, I'll share the dials or keep going, but I think I've got a decent lead here.

Proper renders coming after characters have been zeroed.

Jun 17, 2022
I'm like 6 iterations in, and can no longer say what's wrong or get the uncanny valley feeling. What's your take? If this feels right, I'll share the dials or keep going, but I think I've got a decent lead here.

Proper renders coming after characters have been zeroed.
Keep at it JiiEf, the problem you'll have is likely the same I'm having.

I've spent the last few days going through every single G8 character on the DAZ store and Renderosity, looking for matching features.

I've bought a couple of promising ones, spent hours morphing them (first red flag) and ended up with something close, and yet still far from her look.

In my case, I'll spend a few hours working on her, then finish and think "that's it!" then compare her to a game render and realise I'm way off. The Josy in my mind does not look like the Josy in game, not to mention even in game she looks drastically different depending on the angle, expression, and lighting.

I'm sure I've found the correct base model this morning as I had to do barely any changes to get her close.
However, I now have a weird thing where she looks more like Josy to me than the actual Josy. Like when you say a word a lot and it stops seeming like a real word.

pb_f95_b.jpg

JiiEf

Aug 1, 2019
Keep at it JiiEf, the problem you'll have is likely the same I'm having.

I've spent the last few days going through every single G8 character on the DAZ store and Renderosity, looking for matching features.

I've bought a couple of promising ones, spent hours morphing them (first red flag) and ended up with something close, and yet still far from her look.

In my case, I'll spend a few hours working on her, then finish and think "that's it!" then compare her to a game render and realise I'm way off. The Josy in my mind does not look like the Josy in game, not to mention even in game she looks drastically different depending on the angle, expression, and lighting.

I'm sure I've found the correct base model this morning as I had to do barely any changes to get her close.
However, I now have a weird thing where she looks more like Josy to me than the actual Josy. Like when you say a word a lot and it stops seeming like a real word.

View attachment 1912615
Yes, you're right on all counts, generally if you have to adjust more than one of say nose/lips/chin, you're not there.

On the principle of sharing, I've gotten the best results so far by mixing in and with FW Rebekah (my post above).

I got this nagging feeling "Josy" is not a happy accident, but a result of the name of a major included morph, ie. there's a Teen Josie 8 character mixed there ;)

I think I might be coming down with the 'rona, but I'm currently going to proceed under the hypothesis that the head morph is part Paisley (who IMO looks REALLY similar) and part some other Fred Winkler head morph that is not FW Rebekah, who would've just donated the skin. Combining Jessaii's idealized head morphs with a sharper-featured morph tends to lead to some really gorgeous results, and could be the case here.

Too bad the author's have a need (that I acknowledge and understand) to protect their character designs, as I think that fan art is a good way to keep the interest in a game constant between episode cycles.

HTC211

Nov 22, 2021
To pretendbarnacle.

My hint: don't compare her to the earliers episodes. Start from Ep6.
Comparing Josy from Ep2 with Ep6 or 8 have not any sense. Seems like two different persons.

Last edited:

KingBel

Nov 12, 2017
Just my 2 cents on Josy... I got quite a good result on the body (just the right mix of slim and curvy), by dialling up the Teagan body to 100 percent.

weirdscix

Apr 10, 2021
To pretendbarnacle.

My hint: don't compare her to the earliers episodes. Start from Ep6.
Comparing Josy from Ep2 with Ep6 or 8 have not any sense. Seems like two different persons.
I agree, I've been recently replaying, the first time since the last release, and I noticed as the episodes went on that characters have been tweaked and improved per season.

weirdscix

Apr 10, 2021
Just my 2 cents on Josy... I got quite a good result on the body (just the right mix of slim and curvy), by dialling up the Teagan body to 100 percent.
Only Teagan I'm aware of is the one for Vic 7, is that the one you mean?

JiiEf

Aug 1, 2019
Tegan by Krashwerks renderosity, but it ain’t her - could be a part of the face, maybe, as could be Charlotte 8, but Tegan has big bolt-on tits.

I’m now absolutely positive Isabella’s body is Funtasy for Genesis 8, not dialed to max. Render coming tomorrow,

Last edited:
Reactions: weirdscix

JiiEf

Aug 1, 2019
220708 Isabella.jpg

Isabella wip v2. Getting closer, I had a brain fart here, I had Funtasy at 0.5 + breast and glute size. Next iteration is at 0.75 with nothing else, giving a more defined abdomen.

Looking at Sage, she has the Aurore head morph to at least some degree, right? I also think Quinn is a mix of Aurore and maybe Tara 2, as she has slightly harder features than the default.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
View attachment 1913654

Isabella wip v2. Getting closer, I had a brain fart here, I had Funtasy at 0.5 + breast and glute size. Next iteration is at 0.75 with nothing else, giving a more defined abdomen.

Looking at Sage, she has the Aurore head morph to at least some degree, right? I also think Quinn is a mix of Aurore and maybe Tara 2, as she has slightly harder features than the default.
Wow, beautiful!

Reactions: JiiEf

KingBel

Nov 12, 2017
Yes, it is the krashwerks one, but I only use it for the body.. for the head i am using 2 different variations in the below comparison (please ignore skullcap issues)
BADIK-Josy-Compare1.png

Left one :

1657257334315.png

Right one:
1657257364966.png
I realize that the toon morph is making the eyes look a bit strange.. but it's a WIP

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
View attachment 1913654

beautiful:love::love:

Reactions: JiiEf and Barneydog
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes