Fan Art Being A DIK: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Pillock

Nov 23, 2019
FIXED
A quick question, has anyone else ran into this problem, more importantly were you able to solve it, maybe an updated download or something.
New Gens for Genesis 8 colour mismatch. Only with some textures though, in this case it's the Aurore texture, the one used for Bella and Quinn.
With Bella I just used the Default Genitals for Genesis 8 instead, with no problem, Golden Palace works fine. It's got me stumped.
The only difference is SSS Reflectance Tint, a pale blue to white, if I change that to match, the genitals are the same.

genital test.jpg genital test fixed.jpg
I found this on the Renderotica Forums Product post.

EDIT: Found the issue. The Reflectance Tint parameter, for some reason, had the limits active set to a range of 0-1, while the original textures required to have it up to 3. Changed the reflectance color to match the torso texture one, and the problem disappeared.

Last edited:

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
A quick question, has anyone else ran into this problem, more importantly were you able to solve it, maybe an updated download or something.
New Gens for Genesis 8 colour mismatch. Only with some textures though, in this case it's the Aurore texture, the one used for Bella and Quinn.
With Bella I just used the Default Genitals for Genesis 8 instead, with no problem, Golden Palace works fine. It's got me stumped.
The only difference is SSS Reflectance Tint, a pale blue to white, if I change that to match, the genitals are the same.
View attachment 2651325
Sometimes it is as simple as double checking if your setting for "Thin Walled" is turned on or off. Make it match between your Torso/Body and Genitalia.

Pillock

Nov 23, 2019
Sometimes it is as simple as double checking if your setting for "Thin Walled" is turned on or off. Make it match between your Torso/Body and Genitalia.
Thanks, but everything is identical, except the SSS Reflectance Tint, which doesn't make any difference if changed.

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Thanks, but everything is identical, except the SSS Reflectance Tint, which doesn't make any difference if changed.
Yeah, I found that when copying surfaces, it does not maintain the source modifications to default limits. SASE is very bad about changing the limits to very high numbers on a lot of the surfaces parameters, when I copy their torso texture to genitalia, it never looks right because of some out of whack setting they used on one dial or another. Matching theirs brings it right back into compliance with the rest of their skin textures.

WhiteWolf619

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2018
amazing work brother. how do you get the graphics to look like this? is it due to the lighting? some settings on daz3d? or is it just the graphics card? i am trying to improve on daz3d myself. thanks!
at the moment I am trying out various settings but I would say lighting also has a major affect on it as well, this one I was just using a HDRI as a lighting source, I would suggest mess around with the pixel filter radius. But again this is still a WIP, plus i am only doing these on my laptop so i am running a 1060 on that, so not sure how it would go if I included a scene with it. When I get some free time I will give it a go on the PC see if I can make it better.

bellaisdabest

Jan 9, 2022
at the moment I am trying out various settings but I would say lighting also has a major affect on it as well, this one I was just using a HDRI as a lighting source, I would suggest mess around with the pixel filter radius. But again this is still a WIP, plus i am only doing these on my laptop so i am running a 1060 on that, so not sure how it would go if I included a scene with it. When I get some free time I will give it a go on the PC see if I can make it better.
thanks for the reply bro i appreciate it, i will try do a render with bella with the advice you have given me

Reactions: WhiteWolf619

lockhear

Engaged Member
Oct 10, 2017
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes