5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Last edited:

Leongen43

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2022
If anyone really considers screenshots photoshopped with one filter to be art work, then it’s time to open Being a DIK Paint Edition, why isn't it a fan art?:ROFLMAO:

MC hits Tybalt, Paint remaster
View attachment 3273297
He is just starting out and is still learning, the way they treated him makes it clear that they have too much free time and little heart to support the new ones instead of attacking them, I thought you were different and you were going to advise him not to attack, your attitude And that of the others who attacked him makes me very pity for you that you are people like that with other members :cautious:

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
He is just starting out and is still learning, the way they treated him makes it clear that they have too much free time and little heart to support the new ones instead of attacking them, I thought you were different and you were going to advise him not to attack, your attitude And that of the others who attacked him makes me very pity for you that you are people like that with other members :cautious:
Hey, how dare are you, Paint is a real art, pure hand-made! Do you know how much time it takes to draw people from sticks and circles?:(

Leongen43

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2022
Hey, how dare are you, Paint is a real art, pure hand-made! Do you know how much time it takes to draw people from sticks and circles?:(
Do you really think I'm talking about that? Maybe you didn't think that it is better to support newbies to improve and not attack them like you did, give them advice, help them by explaining which tools are best for their edition , you never thought that when they are aggressive towards someone these people have feelings and can make them feel bad, what satisfaction do you get by making another person feel bad? :cautious:

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Do you really think I'm talking about that? Maybe you didn't think that it is better to support newbies to improve and not attack them like you did, give them advice, help them by explaining which tools are best for their edition , you never thought that when they are aggressive towards someone these people have feelings and can make them feel bad, what satisfaction do you get by making another person feel bad? :cautious:
Replied in DM

Valarcho

Jan 9, 2023
Look, no one criticizes newbies here and most people on the forum are helpful when someone asks a question or asks for help. I joined the forum 1 year ago with such a post:
https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-fan-art.29960/post-10897570

I had practiced in DAZ and had read the then 500 pages. I introduced myself and thanked everyone for sharing patterns, clothes, hairstyles, etc. I have always found answers here and helped to the best of my knowledge and ability. My personal opinion is that constantly spewing threads with ready-made game photos with 2-3 filters applied is getting a bit annoying. A long time ago there was a participant who used one of the works posted here and added some corrections to them. The headlines were "Mess with Dimas work" or something like that. That was an interesting interpretation.

Now even for a beginner, it is easy to start. There are ready-made assets for almost all characters. Even if someone can't find their way around, they can ask and I'm sure they'll get an answer. But posting modified game pictures seems weird to me...and not just me. If the authors themselves drew the characters without using DAZ, that would be a completely different matter.

Leongen43

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2022
Look, no one criticizes newbies here and most people on the forum are helpful when someone asks a question or asks for help. I joined the forum 1 year ago with such a post:

I had practiced in DAZ and had read the then 500 pages. I introduced myself and thanked everyone for sharing patterns, clothes, hairstyles, etc. I have always found answers here and helped to the best of my knowledge and ability. My personal opinion is that constantly spewing threads with ready-made game photos with 2-3 filters applied is getting a bit annoying. A long time ago there was a participant who used one of the works posted here and added some corrections to them. The headlines were "Mess with Dimas work" or something like that. That was an interesting interpretation.

Now even for a beginner, it is easy to start. There are ready-made assets for almost all characters. Even if someone can't find their way around, they can ask and I'm sure they'll get an answer. But posting modified game pictures seems weird to me...and not just me. If the authors themselves drew the characters without using DAZ, that would be a completely different matter.
I like that they help others to improve. I think people who do it have a very positive attitude, which is why it is sad that others are aggressive when the best thing would be to advise them if they are doing something wrong, especially if it is someone who is just starting out, I would like them to everyone had an attitude like yours

miamid99

Nov 4, 2019
I kind of agree.
in some way, even a stickman's drawing made on paint, has more creative value than applying a filter to an already existing render in photoshop (Even a really great one). I agree that a newbie needs advices, not to be bashed for the sake of being mean, but that's not really what's called into question here. This is a fanart thread, and I don't personally consider this fanart...
at least Geralt's paint image had a creative process (not a great one... but still)

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
I kind of agree.
in some way, even a stickman's drawing made on paint, has more creative value than applying a filter to an already existing render in photoshop (Even a really great one). I agree that a newbie needs advices, not to be bashed for the sake of being mean, but that's not really what's called into question here. This is a fanart thread, and I don't personally consider this fanart...
at least Geralt's paint image had a creative process (not a great one... but still)
That very moment when you haven’t picked up a pen and paper for many years, then you try to draw something in Paint and realize that you have crooked hands that have degenerated, that's me :LOL:

And I am always supportive of beginners who are ready to create content, I am ready to help with advice if someone is experiencing difficulties or, on the contrary, ask more experienced creators if something is not clear. But these are just random filters for screenshots from the game, increasing/lowering contrast and brightness, this is done in 5 seconds.
I'm surprised that someone was offended by the Paint parody, considering it an "attack" and a "bad attitude". Some people are really bad at humor.

The Glorious LIME

Oct 20, 2019
1. Whatever floats one's boat, so be it. I know it may sound ridiculous since this is an AVN site, but I skip lewd scenes in these games. I find them to be super cringy af. And in turn, I am not a fan of lewd stuff here either. BUT, tons of people love it. I've done lewds as requests too. I respect everyone's passion for the things they love.

2. If something bothers you, put it on your ignore list. It's that simple.

3. What I find funny is how Yuno is somehow a prime target for reposts/edits. Since mostly it's Yuno and Dumitas stuff that gets used. I am personally against ppl posting other ppl's stuff with edits. Since it's basically reaction farming via hard works from a member that ain't that active nowadays, at least here.

4. Dumitas, Night Hacker, OutOfAshes, HGR and quite a few others inspired me. In turn, I inspired and at the beginning mentored Geralt. We are all here to grow and inspire each other. And we would all be here to help anyone starting out their journey. That has never changed. Hell, Geralt is better at light play than me at this point.

5. It's just that an edited screenshot of the game is more at place in the main thread. And such things have ruffled a few feathers. I personally don't care much for it, got bigger issues in life to deal with. I made my little fun about it with my last 2 posts and I will not be returning to the subject again. A little parody was called for, now we move on.

Overall I think it comes down to: Some ppl not being fans of ppl editing other ppl's work and ppl posting screenshots which should be posted in the main thread, not here. Well, I got some news for ppl about the first part. Remember DeviantArt? Yeah, there one piece gets like dozens if not hundreds of edits and reposted. And when you have places where that is normal, what's to say that it can't be here to? There are no rules in the thread to imply so.

So y'all just accept it, ignore it or support it.
Nothing more to it.

Last edited:

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Keeping the Humour Aside right now, A Genuine reply I love all the people and work here, I am new in this Thread, there are 623 pages, I know for a New person like me it is hard. But hey Work is Work, Some take more time and Some take less, But for that reason calling someone a " Douchebag". "Puke", and "Nauseous" is just over too much the limit, Humors is a different thing. Criticism should be there but that Should be a healthy one. I was expecting that maybe you guys could help me or tell me yes these are the assets, use this or that, use this application. IDK what u guys think I didn't take 5 sec for sure, it takes more than that. Taking an SS and then Contrast work, Brightness Whatever u guys said, Element adding, then using Enhancer I don't think all take 5 seconds. I did ask you in DM that "To Help me Out", but you didn't reply and I am asking again If anyone can help me Please DM me and help me with Some Guidance. :giggle:
Thank you
"Douchebag" is writed on my Paint art, that I created, so it was a joke about myself and reference to one movie. Don't take it personally, it wasn't attack on you. :)

If you are really interested in creating art, then this is great and the first step you need to download DAZ 3D from their official site, with this program it is easiest to master 3D modeling for beginners and all these models are tailored specifically for DAZ.

Leongen43

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2022
1. Whatever floats ones boat, so be it. I know it may sound ridiculous since this is an AVN site, but I skip lewd scenes in these games. I find them to be super cringy af. And in turn, I am not a fan of lewd stuff here either. BUT, tons of people love it. I've done lewds as requests too. I respect everyone's passion for the things they love.

2. If something bothers you, put it on your ignore list. It's that simple.

3. What I find funny is how Yuno is somehow a prime target for reposts/edits. Since mostly it's Yuno and Dumitas stuff that gets used. I am personally against ppl posting other ppl's stuff with edits. Since it's basically reaction farming via hard works from a member that ain't that active nowadays, at least here.

4.Dumitas, Night Hacker, OutOfAshes, HGR and quite a few others inspired me. In turn, I inspired and at the beginning mentored Geralt. We are all here to grow and inspire each other. And we would all be here to help anyone starting out their journey. That has never changed. Hell, Geralt is better at light play than me at this point.

5. It's just that an edited screenshot of the game is more at place in the main thread. And such things have ruffled a few feathers. I personally don't care much for it, got bigger issues in life to deal with. I made my little fun about it with my last 2 posts and I will not be returning to the subject again. A little parody was called for, now we move on.

Overall I think it comes down to: Some ppl not being fans of ppl editing other ppl's work and ppl posting screenshots which should be posted in the main thread, not here. Well, I got some news for ppl about the first part. Remember DeviantArt? Yeah, there one piece gets like dozens if not hundreds of edits and reposted. And when you have places where that is normal, what's to say that it can't be here to? There are no rules in the thread to imply so.

So y'all just accept it, ignore it or support it.
Nothing more to it.
Don't you think it is better to advise someone if you think they are doing something that may be wrong, especially when they are just starting out and don't understand much yet, if you are a mentor you should understand what I'm telling you, a month ago it happened that a rookie got angry with another member and broke the rules of the thread with a very aggressive post, he knows that I advised him to moderate his post to avoid being expelled and he did, his attitude changed and he continues posting, I hope you understand my point

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
Nice work! Yeah, I have played with Blender's emissions and it is simple with some great results.

This was one of my first experiments with Blender emissions (cube) and reflections (spheres). Simple scene with nice results...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
As I use Blender for my day job. I have some tips when it comes to emissions.

First of all.. Volumetrics can really improve the lighting. All you need to do is put a principled volume node in, attach it to the volume output and set the density to 0.002. That is the main setting. I would say play with the anisotropy level, too. 0.007 iirc is a sweet spot for most things. it could be 0.7 or 0.07 though. One of them. Don't forget to set the volume light bounces to, at least, 8 in the render properties. (assuming you are using cycles, which, for stills, you really ought to use. Ray trace lighting >rasterized after-all)

As for the emission itself:

This node set up allows you to control how much light the emission material gives off, but it also controls how bright the object is. The top emission node controls how much light is given off from the object (how much it illuminates the surrounding area). The lower emission node controls how bright the object actually is. Which gives you extra layers of control when it comes to lighting.

You can also use this set up with background images too. Say if you have a image as a plane in the background you can use these nodes and simple attach the image to the colour inputs of the emission nodes. You can attach blackbody nodes tot he colour too for a more natural feel colour wise. Also can incorporate IES lighting presets to them, too... If you have them.

My first Blender tips for 2024. Time to go hide, and work, like the ghoul that I am.

Last edited:

ChaosKen

May 1, 2022

I was the participant who messed with other's work....:cry:

Reactions: Valarcho

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
As I use Blender for my day job. I have some tips when it comes to emissions.

First of all.. Volumetrics can really improve the lighting. All you need to do is put a principled volume node in, attach it to the volume output and set the density to 0.002. That is the main setting. I would say play with the anisotropy level, too. 0.007 iirc is a sweet spot for most things. it could be 0.7 or 0.07 though. One of them. Don't forget to set the volume light bounces to, at least, 8 in the render properties. (assuming you are using cycles, which, for stills, you really ought to use. Ray trace lighting >rasterized after-all)

As for the emission itself:

This node set up allows you to control how much light the emission material gives off, but it also controls how bright the object is. The top emission node controls how much light is given off from the object (how much it illuminates the surrounding area). The lower emission node controls how bright the object actually is. Which gives you extra layers of control when it comes to lighting.

You can also use this set up with background images too. Say if you have a image as a plane in the background you can use these nodes and simple attach the image to the colour inputs of the emission nodes. You can attach blackbody nodes tot he colour too for a more natural feel colour wise. Also can incorporate IES lighting presets to them, too... If you have them.

My first Blender tips for 2024. Time to go hide, and work, like the ghoul that I am.
Great tips! I saved your info and created a PDF with all of this for future reference (with your handle at the bottom). :)

View attachment Blender-Volumetrics-and-Lighting-Tips.pdf

• Red Heart
Reactions: TREXrg and Orgitas
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes