Fan Art Being A DIK: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Tjure

Feb 24, 2022
That was my question also, if there is an asset difference or if the combination of lighting, position and what not make it look so different from the game.
If you look at my last renders (thank you very much for your like :)) it's exactly the same model. But they look quite different.
It's all about what Night Hacker said. Positioning, clothing, lighting, camera position and what not. Even if we have the exact DPC models, they would look different when the fanartist do their stuff. Just decide for yourself, if you like it or not. :)

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
That was my question also, if there is an asset difference or if the combination of lighting, position and what not make it look so different from the game.
When I created my own asset, I saved A LOT of screenshots showing her face, body etc... from as many angles I could get, I then adjust the morphs to match, sometimes I will post her in a similar manor then compare. She's about as close as one could get with my own assets. Maybe there's a subtle difference.

With this character specifically, I recall her being one of the easier ones to recreate who was pretty straight forward, which isn't always the case with others.

I think the main issue with this character and Quinn were their eyes, which someone found the right asset which was right under our noses! heheh

Pillock

Nov 23, 2019
Even if we have the exact DPC models, they would look different when the fanartist do their stuff. Just decide for yourself, if you like it or not.
Not just the fan artist, even comparing multiple images from the game the girls can look different. Just when I think I'm close, I look at another one, and start to think her nose looks narrower, or her jawline isn't as square. Like you said, it comes down to what you like, it doesn't have to be a 1 to 1 likeness, and I doubt it ever will be, unless he starts using more off the shelf characters like Jill's.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Tjure

Valarcho

Jan 9, 2023
When I created my own asset, I saved A LOT of screenshots showing her face, body etc... from as many angles I could get, I then adjust the morphs to match, sometimes I will post her in a similar manor then compare. She's about as close as one could get with my own assets. Maybe there's a subtle difference.

With this character specifically, I recall her being one of the easier ones to recreate who was pretty straight forward, which isn't always the case with others.

I think the main issue with this character and Quinn were their eyes, which someone found the right asset which was right under our noses! heheh

Yes, you are right. Here in these posts in the thread was the discussion about Quinn's eyes:
https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-fan-art.29960/page-580
especially the post by Jumbi, who managed to find the exact eye pattern: https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-fan-art.29960/post-11949197

Reactions: Leongen43

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
Don't mind me asking, but I've noticed that almost all fan art of Riona doesn't look exactly like the one in game. Is this an asset issue, people just didn't figure out what assets DPC used, or it's an editing/makeup/lighting thing? :unsure:

Love your renders, btw!
What do you find different? The only difference is these two, the game on the left and my own asset on the right is the lighting. The asset is the same. Note the moles etc... on her face for example. You can find my own scene subset of her here.

You have to take into account the lighting, the position of her body, head etc... her pose. LOTS of variables. In the end, this is just for fan art. If you're looking for perfection, better go bother the dev for his, because that's the only way you're getting it.

In the images below, my pose is a normal face expression. The games has her mouth open, eyes more shut, head tilted down, all of which, when combined with lighting and environment, would give the appearance of being slightly off when it is not

View attachment 3278307

Yes, you are right. Here in these posts in the thread was the discussion about Quinn's eyes:
https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-fan-art.29960/page-580
especially the post by Jumbi, who managed to find the exact eye pattern: https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-fan-art.29960/post-11949197
To be honest, I also feel like we are lacking some subtle but important elements with Riona's model. For example, when I look at these images of her from ep. 10, I can't help but feel that I wouldn't be able to get a good enough approximation if I tried. And not only because I lack the skill and experience of the doc, obviously, but because there are ingredients that he uses on the model that we are not aware of. She looks sharper in those stills from the game. I wish I could explain better what I feel we are missing, but on the other hand, if I could do that, that would mean that I knew how to fill that void, which is not the case, sadly.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

There's also the possibility that I am wrong on my perception all along. Haha! When I find time, I might try to recreate one of those images (or both) to the best of my capabilities, to see what I can come up with. :D

I am still playing episode 10 BTW. Lots of playthroughs for me to complete yet. So I will still be off this thread for the most part.

BTW, it is not only Quinn who wears that super cool Razors Edge jacket in episode 10. Rio is wearing one as well. Look at the zone over the shoulders and the cushioned pattern on the upper part of the sleeves. Tweaked surface properties, but same jacket.

See you!

Jadefalcon

Jul 3, 2017
Quick question, has any of you guys ever made a render with Jill in the HOT's outfit? I don't want to search 600 pages to look for it if there even is one.

MAGO-DAG

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2023
Looks like this is the third time anonnyscouse has given me reactions facepalms :D

It's fine dude, I don’t mind, I’m not such a master at creating art, but I sometimes do it for myself, so I’ll share it for everyone in case they like it... If don't like it, it's a good reaction, It's ok))))

miamid99

Nov 4, 2019
Looks like this is the third time anonnyscouse has given me reactions facepalms :D

It's fine dude, I don’t mind, I’m not such a master at creating art, but I sometimes do it for myself, so I’ll share it for everyone in case they like it... If don't like it, it's a good reaction, It's ok))))
gotta admit that your art is by far the closest looking to the original. You have to share your assets someday... ;)

MAGO-DAG

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2023
gotta admit that your art is by far the closest looking to the original. You have to share your assets someday... ;)
Thank you, I'm trying.. (y)

the thing is that the pictures I take are from my playthroughs of different games... I'm not trying to show off to anyone or get around someone's original art, I just like to take screenshots and edit for my own pleasure. I appreciate everyone's opinion whether they like them or don't like them. I'll accept it)))

• Angry
Reactions: KristopheH

HTC211

Nov 22, 2021
it’s time to open Being a DIK Paint Edition, why isn't it a fan art? :ROFLMAO:

MC hits Tybalt, Paint remaster
View attachment 3273297
I understand your intentions, and I also believe that it is worth preventing the spread of plagues. Let's be honest: the art is blurry, distorted with warped colors. Random effects and filters. Not an upgrade, but a downgrade. Only some uncontrolled AIs are worse. I guess that's not what this place is about.
I distinguish between the desire to help a beginner and the desire to stop him from using this place as a scratchpad.

Valarcho

Jan 9, 2023
I understand your intentions, and I also believe that it is worth preventing the spread of plagues. Let's be honest: the art is blurry, distorted with warped colors. Random effects and filters. Not an upgrade, but a downgrade. Only some uncontrolled AIs are worse. I guess that's not what this place is about.
I distinguish between the desire to help a beginner and the desire to stop him from using this place as a scratchpad.

Absolutely accurate conclusion with which I completely agree. The number of likes under these 'personal works' is also telling...

Geralt has been a bit quicker about scenes with Elena. Here's my humble contribution to Elena. It really is a nice model to work with.

---
Poоl fun
elena_pool_nude_1.jpg

Elena is surprised that there are no scenes with her......or is the reason for the surprise different?
elena.jpg

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes