Fan Art Being A DIK: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

ChipLecsap

Forum Fanatic
Aug 4, 2019
Don't mind me asking, but I've noticed that almost all fan art of Riona doesn't look exactly like the one in game. Is this an asset issue, people just didn't figure out what assets DPC used, or it's an editing/makeup/lighting thing? :unsure:

Love your renders, btw!
probably asset issue. Before raizen86. no one really knew how to make Josy properly, either. (y)

Valarcho

Jan 9, 2023
Don't mind me asking, but I've noticed that almost all fan art of Riona doesn't look exactly like the one in game. Is this an asset issue, people just didn't figure out what assets DPC used, or it's an editing/makeup/lighting thing? :unsure:

Love your renders, btw!
This is not just a problem with the Riona model. I use the Night Hacker assets. A long time ago people wasted a hell of a lot of time trying different assets for the girls. My personal observations when I've created scenes with them is that the following girls/assets have the closest match to the game's vision(90%+ match):
Jill - base model Imogen
Maya,Quinn,Bella,Sara,Sage, Tremolo, Bianca, maybe Zoey

Other models vary more or less: Josy (yes raizen86 model is outstanding), Riona, Lilly (even with both Night Haker's G3 and G8 models I can't achieve her vision from the game. I don't know what devilish eye changes or other elements DPC has done, but I keep failing:mad:).

I think the Jade, Mel, and Nicole models are close too. But I haven't worked with them and can't give an opinion. There is a post in the thread that DPC uses very strong lighting (professional asset) even for day scenes outside. For that the expression of the models in the game is hard to imitate.....and the impression remains that they are different.

P.S. I'll never forget the comments here about what eyes Quinn(Aurora's asset) has in the game. One dude had revealed that they were eyes from the base model used for Riona(Hyuna asset - eyes were specific with a lot of blood vessels). All in all, a good DPC has mixed a lot of things up and it takes a long time to come across the correct assets.....and then there is always the lighting and post-rendering processing.

Last edited:

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022

Love your renders, btw!
She really doesn't match perfectly, the face shape is a little different.
But this is not an original asset, model is from Night Hacker. But Valarcho is right, DPC is using some different lighting set, plus maybe he's using a different MAT (skin texture) for Riona because her skin looks so different in the game.
Honestly, this far from my fav. work, I fucked up lightning on second render.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021

Love your renders, btw!
What do you find different? The only difference is these two, the game on the left and my own asset on the right is the lighting. The asset is the same. Note the moles etc... on her face for example. You can find my own scene subset of her here.

You have to take into account the lighting, the position of her body, head etc... her pose. LOTS of variables. In the end, this is just for fan art. If you're looking for perfection, better go bother the dev for his, because that's the only way you're getting it.

In the images below, my pose is a normal face expression. The games has her mouth open, eyes more shut, head tilted down, all of which, when combined with lighting and environment, would give the appearance of being slightly off when it is not

Clipboard.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2023
What do you find different? The only difference is these two, the game on the left and my own asset on the right is the lighting. The asset is the same. Note the moles etc... on her face for example. You can find my own scene subset of her here.

You have to take into account the lighting, the position of her body, head etc... her pose. LOTS of variables. In the end, this is just for fan art. If you're looking for perfection, better go bother the dev for his, because that's the only way you're getting it.

In the images below, my pose is a normal face expression. The games has her mouth open, eyes more shut, head tilted down, all of which, when combined with lighting and environment, would give the appearance of being slightly off when it is not

View attachment 3278307
That was my question also, if there is an asset difference or if the combination of lighting, position and what not make it look so different from the game.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Night Hacker
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes