Fan Art Being A DIK: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Donnie Brasco

Dec 15, 2018
Okay, I updated her Scene Subset as there was still a trace of Lera I had experimented with in the subset; it didn't effect her appearance any and Lera HD has no parasite morphs, it was my own fault for not completely removing Lera from this model properly. I removed it right this time (live and learn I guess), I then temporarily removed the Lera morphs and reloaded her to see if it would report them missing or not and it was clean.

The Kitten morphs ARE a parasite morph. I had been meaning to remove her but never got around to it and totally forgot that it attaches to everything. So, I had to REDOWNLOAD Kitten so I could see every file it installed so I could make certain I cleansed my installation totally of her. So that is now gone.

Thanks for the reports of problems. Everything else is fine IF you install the packages I mentioned properly and before you try to load her in. ;)

So again, you can visit the above quoted page and you may want to redownload it. Lera HD is still a nice character I plan to do some things with, but she's not a parasite (hugs Lera), if you happened to download her.
Mystery solved. I googled a bit and I find out that I don't have Genesis 8 Starter Essentials. When I see assets needed for Bella and Madame Rose there is no link for this. Maybe you post link to this elsewhere 'cause I'm pretty sure I saw it and download it. But obviously missed to put those files in My Library. Btw did you already posted this Bella dress...

• Love
Reactions: bebo92

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Genesis 8 Starter Essentials are the base G8 files that come with Daz. They're usually installed when you install Daz for the first time, but if you deleted them for some reason, you can install them through DIM online (or download them from your Daz account). Though there's a link for it here, I recommend using the official file since it's updated and free (and you should have those Starter Essentials files for all the Geneses you use, 1 through 9, though there are no G4-7 because Genesis 8 is actually what would be Genesis 4 but was renamed, I believe so to not cause confusion with Girl 4 that's usually abbreviated to G4 and also to match the Genesis number with its generation, so, now, Victoria 9 is Genesis 9 and not Genesis 5).
Actually, Genesis 4 was renamed Genesis 8 to match the Victoria series (Victoria 8 is for G8). Victoria has been around A LOT longer than Genesis. I actually bought some Victoria character (1 or 2, I forget now) back in early 2000 (2000 - 2005, I forget) for use with Poser at the time (there was no Daz Studio, just the website that sold assets for Poser).

Edit: It was Victoria 3 I had from 2004... 20 years ago, wow! I actually still have my installation files for it all, but sadly, older Poser no longer works on newer Windows. :(

Edit2: I also have Victoria 1 so... <shrug> I give up. LOL Gotta love CD backups from back then!

Last edited:

Donnie Brasco

Dec 15, 2018
Genesis 8 Starter Essentials are the base G8 files that come with Daz. They're usually installed when you install Daz for the first time, but if you deleted them for some reason, you can install them through DIM online (or download them from your Daz account). Though there's a link for it here, I recommend using the official file since it's updated and free (and you should have those Starter Essentials files for all the Geneses you use, 1 through 9, though there are no G4-7 because Genesis 8 is actually what would be Genesis 4 but was renamed, I believe so to not cause confusion with Girl 4 that's usually abbreviated to G4 and also to match the Genesis number with its generation, so, now, Victoria 9 is Genesis 9 and not Genesis 5).
All you said is I believe true. As I said earlier it has to be me. But I think I messed up something so I do clean install of Daz and add all necessary assets, but problem remains. Obviously Genesis 8 Starter Essentials wasn't there. Now it is. I have few questions. What about files and folders inside Templates folder. Should Templates folder also be placed inside My Library. And there is also some files outside common folder like gloves.bmp. Should those files also must be placed somewhere. Thanks in advance.

Valarcho

Jan 9, 2023
Improved render on my Blender to Daz experiment. I added a leather surface on the bat handle and rusty nails. UV unwrapping and applying textures to each face of the object is quite a time consuming task for a beginner like me. But I'm happy with the result :)
----
quinn_spike_bat.jpg
-----

Can anyone help for the following problem. When positioning Quinn's thumbs I have changed something. As a result they are not rotating normally but incorrectly. Only the thumbs are like this. I guess I broke something when I positioned her hands.
When I compare it to another model(second picture) the thumb rotation is normal. Any direction on how to fix this problem?

axis.png

boobslover88

May 19, 2017
So um when clicking Rio arm tattoos, it said that I'm missing two files, but when i go to the folder, I got the file that Daz clams I'm missing don't know what's up Screenshot (62).png Screenshot (63).png

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
So um when clicking Rio arm tattoos, it said that I'm missing two files, but when i go to the folder, I got the file that Daz clams I'm missing don't know what's up View attachment 3387632 View attachment 3387633
I also often receive these messages when upload models that are not my own, but visually everything is in place, the models look authentic.
So I followed the simple advice: ignore it :D

Reactions: TREXrg and Soma58
Feb 15, 2023
UV unwrapping and applying textures to each face of the object is quite a time consuming task for a beginner like me.
You might want to look into this script -

It was originally designed to work with Substance Painter, but since you're just importing textures from Blender to Daz, the script should still function as intended. Make sure to specify the naming scheme and the location of your texture files.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Valarcho

Donnie Brasco

Dec 15, 2018
Templates files are just guides (an image of the UVs, i.e., something like a map of the mesh to apply textures) so you can make your own textures. You don't need to install them, but I recommend you keep them in case you wanna texturize something. It doesn't matter where you put them because Daz don't use them, though, the ones I use, I usually store them alongside the textures folder of the assets (and you can delete 'em later, though I usually don't do that because they're not that heavy).

Good to know that everything is working fine now. Any other doubt, just ask.
Huge like(y)

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
We could discuss Josy's hobbies instead of dicks, while we were wondering about them and fighing, she came up with some options!

View attachment 3388533
View attachment 3388534
View attachment 3388535
View attachment 3388536
View attachment 3388537
View attachment 3388538
View attachment 3388539
Ok that was actually funny don't let it go to your head :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:, I wouldn't make Josy mad she might pick up martial arts for a hobby also I wouldn't mind her learning from stripper moves to try on MC:love::love::love::love:

Last edited:

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
she would take a couple of months to choose the name and a year at least for the class and the rest :unsure:
That's it! The updates are taking so long because Josy just can't make up her mind between MC and Maya. It's not that good psychologist DPC milking his simps. It's Josys fault!

Martial arts, Josy will have to train in the gym and study for this for a very long time.
Oops, by posting this on Discord I accidentally started a challenge...People doing more and more now.
By OFT, c.mork and Darkdevil
View attachment 3388651
View attachment 3388652
View attachment 3388654
Interlude 2 incoming

Donnie Brasco

Dec 15, 2018
I think I found Bella library dress. . While I browsed among outfits, poses etc I found some interesting previews. On the first one is probably young Bella, with should I say more realistic breast. Even in this picture she is hottest of all. On the second is very hot Jill too.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes