Fan Art Being A DIK: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

The Glorious LIME

Oct 20, 2019

Valarcho

Jan 9, 2023
Hi. I have a few questions for those of you who have information.
1. Has anyone used any software to create clothes, shoes, or accessories (jewelry, earrings, handbags) that can be used in scenes and are compatible with Genesis 8 figures?
2. Has anyone used software to create a room with furniture and furnishings?

I'm interested in trying to create some things myself. But I want to gather information from people who have done it.
I searched the net for information (chatGPT :) ) and it turned out that programs that can be used for the above 2 tasks are :

------
Certainly! Daz 3D, a popular 3D modeling and rendering software, allows users to create a wide range of accessories such as clothes, shoes, and other accessories for their models. Here are some of the common programs used to create these accessories:
  1. Daz Studio: Daz Studio itself is a versatile software that can be used to create 3D models, including clothing and accessories, directly within the program. It provides tools for modeling, texturing, and rigging, making it a comprehensive solution for creating assets for Daz 3D models.
  2. Marvelous Designer: This is a specialized software often used for creating dynamic 3D clothing. It provides realistic fabric simulation and allows users to design intricate clothing patterns that can be exported and used in Daz Studio.
  3. Blender: Blender is a free and open-source 3D modeling software that is widely used in the industry. It can be used to create various assets for Daz Studio, including clothing, shoes, and accessories. There are also many Blender add-ons specifically designed for character and clothing creation.
  4. ZBrush: ZBrush is a digital sculpting tool that is commonly used for creating high-detail models, including accessories for Daz 3D characters. It is particularly useful for sculpting intricate details and organic shapes.
  5. 3ds Max/Maya: Autodesk's 3ds Max and Maya are popular 3D modeling and animation software used in the industry. They offer powerful tools for creating a wide range of assets, including clothing, accessories, and furniture, which can be exported and used in Daz Studio.
When it comes to creating rooms, furniture, and other scene elements in Daz 3D, similar software tools can be utilized:

1. Daz Studio: Again, Daz Studio itself can be used to create scenes by assembling and arranging various assets within the program. It provides a library of pre-made props and environments that users can use, as well as tools for creating custom objects.
  2. Blender: Blender is also commonly used for creating environments and props for Daz Studio scenes. It offers powerful modeling and texturing tools, as well as features for lighting and rendering, making it suitable for creating complex scenes.
  3. 3ds Max/Maya: Autodesk's software tools are also suitable for creating scenes and props for Daz Studio. They offer comprehensive toolsets for modeling, texturing, lighting, and rendering, allowing users to create highly detailed and realistic environments.
    -------
I have some skills in Blender, but the transfer, dimensions, and properties (material, color) of the created objects when transferred to DAZ are quite difficult. I guess. it takes a lot of experience and skill to create say some D-force clothes for example. I found it interesting that for both 2 tasks, they mention that they can be created with DAZ.

I would be happy to share your experience on this.

Feb 15, 2023
I have some skills in Blender, but the transfer, dimensions, and properties (material, color) of the created objects when transferred to DAZ are quite difficult. I guess. it takes a lot of experience and skill to create say some D-force clothes for example. I found it interesting that for both 2 tasks, they mention that they can be created with DAZ.
Have you tried to create UVs and assign dedicated textures instead of relying on shaders?

For clothing or props that require bones to fit on figures, you need to use transfer utility to rig items. Then you might need to edit the weight map and create JCMs (Joint correction Morphs) to smooth out the surface; otherwise, your clothing or props will look strange when posed.

WP Guru just created a series of videos on how to create simple clothing for Daz. Here's part 1 -

While WP Guru uses Marvelous Designer to create clothing, you can also do it inside Blender. This guy does it in ZBrush, but the same principle applies to Blender -

Other useful YouTube channels you might want to look into - ,
SickleYield also has a series of tutorials sold on Daz dedicated to content creation in Blender -

Valarcho

Jan 9, 2023
Have you tried to create UVs and assign dedicated textures instead of relying on shaders?

For clothing or props that require bones to fit on figures, you need to use transfer utility to rig items. Then you might need to edit the weight map and create JCMs (Joint correction Morphs) to smooth out the surface; otherwise, your clothing or props will look strange when posed.

WP Guru just created a series of videos on how to create simple clothing for Daz. Here's part 1 -

While WP Guru uses Marvelous Designer to create clothing, you can also do it inside Blender. This guy does it in ZBrush, but the same principle applies to Blender -

Other useful YouTube channels you might want to look into - ,
SickleYield also has a series of tutorials sold on Daz dedicated to content creation in Blender -
Thanks for the information and links. (y) This WP Guru dude has some pretty good tutorials. And I'm definitely going to look into that UV mapping and texture stuff.
---
Quick update. First simple scene with an object (this funny chair leg) made in Blender then transferred to Daz with UV Unwrap technique applied.

quinn_1.jpg

And some Baseball vibe
quinn_bat.jpg

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes