Fan Art Being A DIK: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Lorenz1

Nov 1, 2017
Folks, anyone managed to mine assets for Jill's mother? She is really damn hot, and is level of "make Jill cry" even above Bella and Bianca combined

UrFriend

Aug 30, 2022
I think I found Bella library dress. . While I browsed among outfits, poses etc I found some interesting previews. On the first one is probably young Bella, with should I say more realistic breast. Even in this picture she is hottest of all. On the second is very hot Jill too.
Nice, will get my hands on it asap.

• Haha
Reactions: Donnie Brasco

Pillock

Nov 23, 2019
Can anyone help for the following problem. When positioning Quinn's thumbs I have changed something. As a result they are not rotating normally but incorrectly. Only the thumbs are like this. I guess I broke something when I positioned her hands.
When I compare it to another model(second picture) the thumb rotation is normal. Any direction on how to fix this problem?

axis.png
The only thing I can suggest is check the rigging.
1. Select the under Joint Editor under Tools
2. Right click, Edit/ Adjust Rigging To Shape.
Riggedhand.jpg
3. If that works I suggest watching this video, for the next part, because I've messed up characters in the past using ERC Freeze.

Reactions: TREXrg

Pillock

Nov 23, 2019
So um when clicking Rio arm tattoos, it said that I'm missing two files, but when i go to the folder, I got the file that Daz clams I'm missing don't know what's up View attachment 3387632 View attachment 3387633
I don't know what the issue is, I'm guessing you're using Daz 4.21, I had similar problems using Daz 4.20, some textures wouldn't load, some hdr backgrounds wouldn't load, so I went back to 4.16. I haven't had a problem since, I only use Daz 4.20 etc if I'm working exclusively with Genesis 9, which is rare.

boobslover88

May 19, 2017
I don't know what the issue is, I'm guessing you're using Daz 4.21, I had similar problems using Daz 4.20, some textures wouldn't load, some hdr backgrounds wouldn't load, so I went back to 4.16. I haven't had a problem since, I only use Daz 4.20 etc if I'm working exclusively with Genesis 9, which is rare.
I got ver 4.22, So how do you go back to the older version?

Pillock

Nov 23, 2019
I got ver 4.22, So how do you go back to the older version?
Just keep googling it. I found this.

Just run it through a virus scan.
I'm not sure what the key.txt is for.
I'd watch this about installing it.

Valarcho

Jan 9, 2023
The only thing I can suggest is check the rigging.
1. Select the under Joint Editor under Tools
2. Right click, Edit/ Adjust Rigging To Shape.
View attachment 3390308
3. If that works I suggest watching this video, for the next part, because I've messed up characters in the past using ERC Freeze.
Many thanks Pillock
I used your guidelines, but in the Joint Editor under Tools menu you have to select Restore->Restore figure rigging. That fixed the rotation axes and now everything is normal. I will also review the video you mentioned (y)

AXIS_2.png

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
For the first time in Being a DIK fan art: World premiere.
I think what the entire BaDIK community dreams of. Madame Rose suffered an accident during a trip to Florida.

View attachment 3391866
Thanks to Night Hacker for the props list
LMAO, I was wondering what you would come up with. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Have another scene where one of the elderly ladies from the old age home (the alternate choice) pushed her in. ;)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Geralt From Rivia

Pillock

Nov 23, 2019
thank you so much
One thing to keep an eye on, mine are both installed in program files. If you intend on keeping them both. Rename DAZStudio4 to DAZStudio422 before installing 4.16. Then once it's installed rename it to DAZStudio416 (change the path in the shortcuts too) And rename the DAZStudio422 back to Dazstudio4, so that it continues to update and your 4.16 install remains untouched.

dazinstall.jpg
That's how I've done, there may be a neater cleaner way of doing it, but it works for me.

Reactions: The Dick

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
So um when clicking Rio arm tattoos, it said that I'm missing two files, but when i go to the folder, I got the file that Daz clams I'm missing don't know what's up View attachment 3387632 View attachment 3387633
You have the tattoos, BUT... are they PNG images, or JPGs? If they're tattoos which are overlays, than they should probably be PNGs. But check the filename extension (which I notice you have turned off) and make certain it matches. It is looking for JPGs, but you may have PNGs, which would still show up in your fold like this.

You may need to edit the original file which applies these, it is a text file so that it loads .png's instead of .jpg's. If you can find the line in it, you just need to edit and resave it.

Reactions: boobslover88

Valarcho

Jan 9, 2023
Yeah, I certainly like this hair style much more than the basic one. Thanks again, Valarcho! Though I do have problems with depth of field, doesn't seem to work like I intend it to.
View attachment 3392034
View attachment 3392030
View attachment 3392032

View attachment 3392037
Congratulations for good work. You did well with the light which is the most important for a quality render. For the depth of field technique or so called bokeh effect I will try to give some simple tips without claiming a high professional level. Things are very close to photography and if you shot with a DSLR camera in DAZ the same rules apply.

1. I made a simple scheme. The object you want to be in focus and attract the viewer's eye is placed in the focus 'box' ---> Start - End. Anything outside of it will not be in focus and will be slightly blurred-bokeffect. Exactly how blurry objects will be depends on the f/stop option. Usually values 22/44 or 66 are sufficient. Here the rule of experimenting and seeing the result applies.
2. It is important that the background of the scene is at least 1.5-2 meters away from the model. This will give you a nice blurred background.
field.png
1709106123370.png

3. If you want to focus on any part of the model a lot and affect the viewer you need to lower the focus 'box' ---> Start - End extremely
1709106763451.png
1709106669293.png
4. There is a lot of information on the net and the technique is not very complicated. But always play with your sliders and fool around with a side camera how to resize the focus 'box'. Quite often when moving the camera and adjusting the focus, you get a shift and things don't work as you expect. Here are some useful videos:

5. Very good effect when you do close-up scenes
1709107063527.png
and Dumitas's original from which I drew inspiration
1709107181298.png

UrFriend

Aug 30, 2022
Congratulations for good work. You did well with the light which is the most important for a quality render. For the depth of field technique or so called bokeh effect I will try to give some simple tips without claiming a high professional level. Things are very close to photography and if you shot with a DSLR camera in DAZ the same rules apply.

1. I made a simple scheme. The object you want to be in focus and attract the viewer's eye is placed in the focus 'box' ---> Start - End. Anything outside of it will not be in focus and will be slightly blurred-bokeffect. Exactly how blurry objects will be depends on the f/stop option. Usually values 22/44 or 66 are sufficient. Here the rule of experimenting and seeing the result applies.
2. It is important that the background of the scene is at least 1.5-2 meters away from the model. This will give you a nice blurred background.
View attachment 3392994
View attachment 3392997

3. If you want to focus on any part of the model a lot and affect the viewer you need to lower the focus 'box' ---> Start - End extremely
View attachment 3393028
View attachment 3393020
4. There is a lot of information on the net and the technique is not very complicated. But always play with your sliders and fool around with a side camera how to resize the focus 'box'. Quite often when moving the camera and adjusting the focus, you get a shift and things don't work as you expect. Here are some useful videos:

5. Very good effect when you do close-up scenes
View attachment 3393036
and Dumitas's original from which I drew inspiration
View attachment 3393041
Thanks a lot, man. I do understand how it works, it's just that I would have liked to be able to influence the intensity of the out of focus blur. I guess I can just do it in photoshop within a couple minutes, but still. Something like that:
Jill_set1.3_blur.png

Last edited:

Valarcho

Jan 9, 2023
Thanks a lot, man. I do understand how it works, it's just that I would have liked to be able to influence the intensity of the out of focus blur. I guess I can just do it in photoshop within a couple minutes, but still. Something like that:
View attachment 3393099
It depends on your personal preferences and the skills you have. I personally haven't worked much with Photoshop and rely mainly on the output from DAZ and slight color adjustments with GIMP. I guess you can add a lot of elements with Photoshop to make the picture unique (I think people with really very good images use additional processing)

For the blurred background I only use DAZ. It's all a matter of playing with the settings and experimenting:

f/stop - 22
111.png
Result:
bella_22.jpg

f /stop 6:
222.png
Result:
bella_6.jpg

You can get even more blur with an f/stop value of 4 , 2 or even 1.8. So, keep experimenting

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes