Fan Art Being A DIK: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Congratulations for good work. You did well with the light which is the most important for a quality render. For the depth of field technique or so called bokeh effect I will try to give some simple tips without claiming a high professional level. Things are very close to photography and if you shot with a DSLR camera in DAZ the same rules apply.

1. I made a simple scheme. The object you want to be in focus and attract the viewer's eye is placed in the focus 'box' ---> Start - End. Anything outside of it will not be in focus and will be slightly blurred-bokeffect. Exactly how blurry objects will be depends on the f/stop option. Usually values 22/44 or 66 are sufficient. Here the rule of experimenting and seeing the result applies.
2. It is important that the background of the scene is at least 1.5-2 meters away from the model. This will give you a nice blurred background.
View attachment 3392994
View attachment 3392997

3. If you want to focus on any part of the model a lot and affect the viewer you need to lower the focus 'box' ---> Start - End extremely
View attachment 3393028
View attachment 3393020
4. There is a lot of information on the net and the technique is not very complicated. But always play with your sliders and fool around with a side camera how to resize the focus 'box'. Quite often when moving the camera and adjusting the focus, you get a shift and things don't work as you expect. Here are some useful videos:

5. Very good effect when you do close-up scenes
View attachment 3393036
and Dumitas's original from which I drew inspiration
View attachment 3393041
Great tips. I generally go to the camera display options and set the first five sliders to max and that makes the lines for the camera view box MUCH easier to see.

If you're creating a visual novel and you want the focus to change from one character in the foreground to, say, one in the background, a neat effect is to do a render with the focus on one, then do another render with the focus on the background character, then in RenPY you can switch from one image to the other with a "dissolve" and it will appear to smoothly change focus which is a kewl effect and really puts the depth of field to good use.

UrFriend

Aug 30, 2022
It depends on your personal preferences and the skills you have. I personally haven't worked much with Photoshop and rely mainly on the output from DAZ and slight color adjustments with GIMP. I guess you can add a lot of elements with Photoshop to make the picture unique (I think people with really very good images use additional processing)

For the blurred background I only use DAZ. It's all a matter of playing with the settings and experimenting:

f/stop - 22
View attachment 3393506
Result:
View attachment 3393507

f /stop 6:
View attachment 3393518
Result:
View attachment 3393519

You can get even more blur with an f/stop value of 4 , 2 or even 1.8. So, keep experimenting
Btw, I could use some Bella morph instructions. The one posted here prior seems somewhat off. I have also searched half of Daz Store looking for that hair. I need it... I have a little 'photoshoot' in mind, which she absolutely needs to be a part of.

Pillock

Nov 23, 2019
Btw, I could use some Bella morph instructions. The one posted here prior seems somewhat off. I have also searched half of Daz Store looking for that hair. I need it... I have a little 'photoshoot' in mind, which she absolutely needs to be a part of.
If you use the Isabella (alternative) instructions on this page you'll be pretty much spot on.

https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-fan-art.29960/post-2304027

Alternatively you could download Night Hacker's version here, includes a link to her hair.

https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-fan-art.29960/post-10752902

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: TREXrg and UrFriend

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
If anyone is taking requests can plz make a render of a MC and Riona wedding ceremony, embracing each other with her using a black wedding dress (because goth obviously). I literally dreamed of this and need to see fo real!!

much thanks to anyone who's able to do it.
Although it's been one year since you requested this and Tjure (and perhaps somebody else too, I don't know for sure) fulfilled your request, I also wanted to give it a try. And this is my personal take. Everything quite traditional and classic, but for the bold choice of color for the bride's dress. :D

rionas_and_mcs_wedding_1_postprocessed.png

rionas_and_mcs_wedding_2_postprocessed.png

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hope you like them.

Man, I'm willing to end playing episode 10 contents and fully come back to this thread without fearing to bump into any spoilers. The good news is that I'll soon play my DIK manwhore run. After that, I'll start frequenting this thread as I used to.

See you, people.

VaderExMachina

Nov 21, 2022
Although it's been one year since you requested this and Tjure (and perhaps somebody else too, I don't know for sure) fulfilled your request, I also wanted to give it a try. And this is my personal take. Everything quite traditional and classic, but for the bold choice of color for the bride's dress. :D

View attachment 3403341

View attachment 3403344

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hope you like them.

Man, I'm willing to end playing episode 10 contents and fully come back to this thread without fearing to bump into any spoilers. The good news is that I'll soon play my DIK manwhore run. After that, I'll start frequenting this thread as I used to.

See you, people.
My God!! It's been so long i had forgotten about this request. What an amazing work Jumbi!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Jumbi

The Glorious LIME

Oct 20, 2019
Anyone here knows how to do Danny (JamJam's girl) or any other feminists (don't worry, I won't post anything scary; I'm just curious)?

Also the DIKs (and other male characters -- again... I promise I won't post anything scary)? Trying to recreate them, but if someone has a headstart, I'll appreciate (I know about Tremolo, Tommy, and Derek from the DIKs, and Magnar, Thybalt, and some others that have been listed on assets list around here, but others seem to be missing).
:KEK:

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes