Fan Art Being A DIK: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
Thanks for the positive ratings Night Hacker (y) Yes, I made the glowing objects in Blender.
View attachment 3270735

My idea was to create them together with material and emission light as seen in the DAZ render. (Blender has quite a few options for this and the result is very interesting). However due to my little experience with Blender/Daz transfer (or technical problem with the transfer) I managed to transfer only the geometric shape in DAZ, but not the material with characteristics (color, glowlight/emission, density, etc.). After that having the object's shape in DAZ I did exactly what you mentioned - gave them a shader - crystal and then emission settings.

I think I had read somewhere that it was impossible to transfer colors, materials, etc. from Blender to DAZ due to issues with texturing, shading, etc. object/material properties in 3D modeling. I do not know if it's like that. It might be possible, but it goes deep into things I'm still learning.

Using Blender (I started learning it for this purpose) was that I wanted to create a model of a bed that changes with the model sitting/lying in it --> collision between the human body and the bed. Something like this:

View attachment 3270733
View attachment 3270734
In Daz, I played around with the settings of the existing bed models quite a bit, but I wasn't satisfied. And I had decided to try and create a bed that had a lot of Subdivision value (sorry for the imprecise English, but you get the idea).

Creating a bed with a mattress, frame and even pillows in Blender is no longer a problem for me. The problem is their transfer Blender >> Daz keeping the high number of polygons of the mattress (or the Blender settings corresponding to Mesh resolution/Mesh smoothing in DAZ). I guess the technical part of things is complicated given the difference between the two programs. But I was just curious to try :)
Yeah. Getting good looking, believable deformation on soft, elastic materials, like an average mattress, for example, is something that undoubtedly catches the eye and add to a render. The good news is that it is entirely possible to achieve more than decent results within Daz Studio.

Soon after I started learning Daz, I came across this piece by Greengiant3D, in the Daz 3D art thread. He is very talented, as you can see. I was amazed by the believable, convincing deformation he achieved there. And asked him about it. This was his answer.

(I'm putting the piece I'm talking about now, since the link I provided seems to bring you to a piece by a different artist).

Work by Greengiant3D.

ss.jpg

Another piece of evidence pointing at the fact that Daz is quite capable on the physics front is the work of Mr. Vargas. Did you see this render that Darkdevil66 shared with us yesterday some time ago? Looks very good, very believable, right? Also done in Daz, as the artist himself revealed recently.

ss2.jpg

This is probably one of the worst renders, done in poor taste, I have seen in here.
Very poor taste, yeah. I mean, the render itself is decently made. I'm not complaining about that. The rest is shitty as fuck.

P. S. Sorry about my late replies. But as I said in my previous message, I've been out of the loop for few months, because I get quite paranoid with the whole avoid spoilers thing. :)

Last edited:

weirdscix

Apr 10, 2021
Another piece of evidence pointing at the fact that Daz is quite capable on the physics front is the work of Mr. Vargas. Did you see this render that Darkdevil66 shared with us yesterday some time ago? Looks very good, very believable, right? Also done in Daz, as the artist himself revealed recently.
Daz is capable of physics, the only issue is that most of it has been 'hacked' into Daz over time so it's really inefficient. It was and is primarily intended for static renders so doesn't have the capabilities of most 3D software.

Simple deformations are quite easy to achieve though, you can use sub division surface modifiers to create simple indentations which respond to a subject.

This explains how to achieve it for those interested.

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
Daz is capable of physics, the only issue is that most of it has been 'hacked' into Daz over time so it's really inefficient. It was and is primarily intended for static renders so doesn't have the capabilities of most 3D software.

Simple deformations are quite easy to achieve though, you can use sub division surface modifiers to create simple indentations which respond to a subject.

Thanks. I will definitely make time to see it.

This seems to be Madame's skin.
Thanks. It looks like it, yeah. Good eye. Players of the game are generally so scared of Madame Rose that your post almost passed unnoticed. :KEK:

Last edited:

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
Why is that?
Not to be taken very seriously. Let's say that in the game's main thread, there was quite the general consensus between the regulars about Madame's cringe. That was the feeling I got when I also was a regular there. If you want to know my honest feeling about her character, it is pretty much indifference. I am unlocking her contents in my DIK manwhore run for completion purposes, but that's it. Now, if the real me had the chance of nailing a voluptuous forty-something like her... Hmm... :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Pillock

Nov 23, 2019
Something we see all to often in renders is ill fitting clothes, especially around large breasts, even in published VN's.
Some tips to help fix this are:
'Fit Control',
It's very good for smaller tweaks. Results will vary, but usually pretty good. It installs onto the clothing a whole host of morphs to adjust, including some reveal morphs, and you can remove all the unused ones you don't want.

However I think the best results are DIY in Blender. Below is an example of one I made.
Bella Breast Morph.jpg
It can be a bit of work, but all together a nice bit a detail, and better look, I think.
Naturally the more you get used to it, the quicker the process becomes. Here's the tutorial I used.

A couple of differences from the video and Blender 3.5 are.
Use Import OBJ Legacy
Use the following import/export settings.
Bella Breast Morph Blender.jpg
A quick update with Fit Control fix.
BellFitControl.png

Last edited:

Pillock

Nov 23, 2019
Not to be taken very seriously. Let's say that in the game's main thread, there was quite the general consensus between the regulars about Madame's cringe. That was the feeling I got when I also was a regular there. If you want to know my honest feeling about her character, it is pretty much indifference. I am unlocking her contents in my DIK manwhore run for completion purposes, but that's it. Now, if the real me had the chance of nailing a voluptous forty-something like her... Hmm... :unsure: :ROFLMAO:
I think I only used the VIP pass in one manwhore playthrough myself. I've seen some of the posts in the main thread, and I never understood the hate. While she's not my favourite character, I don't hate her guts like everyone else seems to.

Reactions: TREXrg

Valarcho

Jan 9, 2023

Thanks for the posts with info from Jumbi and weirdscix (y) I confess I haven't delved that deep into Daz's mattress and quilt modeling capabilities. Mr. Vargas examples are really good and I guess if one masters the techniques one will get good results. The question is do you have the time and desire? :rolleyes:

As for the video mentioned by weirdscix - ) - it is useful for some basic tasks. If you use Subdivision and other mesh setups you can get deformation - if someone is sitting on the couch. It's quite different if you want to make a mattress and quilt that responds to different parts of the model lying on it - leg, elbow etc. But as you can see from the footage of Mr.Vargas and the guy who pointed out Jumbi - they can be done.

I don't have particularly good renders where there is good contact between the furniture and the model body - just basic stuff achieved with Subdivison and other basic settings - > Very basic Jill render
jill_fireplace2.jpg

-----
Another interesting thing I want to share. I've been looking at a some things animating with DAZ Puppeteer lately. I've created a short video to share. It's only 5 seconds long and low resolution.

If you haven't tried it I encourage you to do so. Some very good results are obtained. Working with Daz Puppeteer itself is not particularly difficult, the challenge is all the processing time. But what if some HOT smiles at you....worthless (or you get intimidated by the sight of a grumpy librarian :))

here's some very basic video of what it's all about:

Creating animations like this takes a lot of time. The processing itself is extremely time consuming - > 1 sec = 25 frames. 10 sec = 250 frames to be rendered. No wonder DR Pink has equipped itself with such powerful configurations. I couldn't find a way to upload the clip here so I'm providing a link

Last edited:

Valarcho

Jan 9, 2023
Something we see all to often in renders is ill fitting clothes, especially around large breasts, even in published VN's.
Some tips to help fix this are:
'Fit Control',
It's very good for smaller tweaks. Results will vary, but usually pretty good. It installs onto the clothing a whole host of morphs to adjust, including some reveal morphs, and you can remove all the unused ones you don't want.

However I think the best results are DIY in Blender. Below is an example of one I made.
View attachment 3460336
It can be a bit of work, but all together a nice bit a detail, and better look, I think.
Naturally the more you get used to it, the quicker the process becomes. Here's the tutorial I used.

A couple of differences from the video and Blender 3.5 are.
Use Import OBJ Legacy
Use the following import/export settings.
View attachment 3460379
It was a great result (y) Personally, I'm still having trouble transferring the model from DAZ -> Blender. Some people say use Bridge, others use some other methods. Personally I find this transfer from one program to another too complex. Plus you'd have to have a decent knowledge of working with Blender as well. But for that there are professionals and amateurs;). The important thing is to create renders with heart and desire :)

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
I think I only used the VIP pass in one manwhore playthrough myself. I've seen some of the posts in the main thread, and I never understood the hate. While she's not my favourite character, I don't hate her guts like everyone else seems to.
That's why I told you that it was not to be taken very seriously. I mean, I doubt it was real exacerbated dislike towards her. But with the long hiatus between episodes, with long 1-year wait between newer game material, people get bored and find ways to entertain themselves in the game's thread, like making fun of this character, starting or resuming waifu wars and things like that. Of course, that's only my guess. I have no certainty.

Valarcho
I'm not capable of doing neat stuff with dForce either at this stage. But I think it is worth my time to get more competent with it. Puppeteer is more about animation, right? Oh boy, I start sweating when I think about animating stuff. Anyway, I'm not particularly interested in animation for now. First I want to get better with classic static renderings. :) Although I have to admit that little animation of Jill with that glare looks cool.

Last edited:
Reactions: TREXrg and Valarcho

Pillock

Nov 23, 2019
I think the hate is mostly due to her being the prize for winning the Hell Week. People got frustrated (even more when it's a "prize" you have to spend money to enjoy). If she were an occasional fling or a Swyper date like Nora, I bet people wouldn't give half a fuck as they do now (and if DPC had traded models between Nora and her, people would be hating Nora instead).

B.T.W., nice job with this morph you made in Blender. And thanks for sharing the video.
Yeah I must admit the one thing that did piss me off was how much her scenes costed. Personally I'd like to see the whole budget concept disappear, which would mean half of the mini games would go, oh well.

Thanks, just learning the basics in Blender, which is a higher level than I'm currently at (old dog new tricks) can really add to working with Daz, as well as using the Geometry Editor directly in Daz.

weirdscix

Apr 10, 2021
Is there an u
It was a great result (y) Personally, I'm still having trouble transferring the model from DAZ -> Blender. Some people say use Bridge, others use some other methods. Personally I find this transfer from one program to another too complex. Plus you'd have to have a decent knowledge of working with Blender as well. But for that there are professionals and amateurs;). The important thing is to create renders with heart and desire :)
Bridge has improved but I still prefer Diffeomorphic. If you're interested in creating your own morphs etc, this is a helpful tool

DAZStudio_Y5u5CPDI2y.png

Reactions: UrFriend

Pillock

Nov 23, 2019
Using the Daz -> Blender bridge is good, but designed more around whole characters and scenes for animation and rendering in Blender. But since the vertex count matters, using Morph Loader Pro, you need to export only the clothing item (in Base resolution) as an individual obj and then export the G8 figure for reference.

I recommend

It helps hiding everything that you don't want to export, I only have two of the tools on the hot bar personally (Show all and show selected item only), it's also very useful for speeding up scene setups, if you have a very cluttered scene.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes