Fan Art Being A DIK: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
I never do any post-render work. Anyone got a tip of where to start to bring out more of my images? ( Using G.i.m.p)

That and how to better do ligthing.

Been at this for years, but never really cared to focus more on that until now.
Hi,

About lighting, you might want to see/read some tutorials in your free time. When I started to get a real interest in Daz, in Spring last year, I read and watched lots of tutorials, lots of them, believe me. One of the tutorials I saw, after seeing it recommended somewhere, was this one. It is quite the complete introduction to lighting in Daz Studio. There are lots of tutorials on lighting, both written and filmed. There's not such a thing as too much (video) literature IMHO. The more you learn, the better. I still find tutorials I want to see/read. In fact, I have local copies of lots of them for when I find time for them. And I doubt that I'll ever say to myself that I have nothing else to learn. Of course, you'll need to practice as well. It's ridiculous spending vast amounts of time with the theory if you never put what you've learnt into practice.

About the postwork part, I can't be of much help, I'm afraid. I usually just do very basic light and color corrections with Photoshop's Camera Raw Filter. I think it also depends on the kind of art you want to produce. Some concepts will require most postwork than others most likely. Ron Deviney has lots of popular . Many of these can be found here or elsewhere for free.

Last edited:

Pillower

May 21, 2019
Hi,

About lighting, you might want to see/read some tutorials in your free time. When I started to get a real interest in Daz, in Spring last year, I read and watched lots of tutorials, lots of them, believe me. One of the tutorials I saw, after seeing it recommended somewhere, was this one. It is quite the complete introduction to lighting in Daz Studio. There are lots of tutorials on lighting, both written and filmed. There's not such a thing as too much (video) literature IMHO. The more you learn, the better. I still find tutorials I want to see/read. In fact, I have local copies of lots of them for when I find time for them. And I doubt that I'll ever say to myself that I have nothing else to learn. Of course, you'll need to practice as well. It's ridiculous spending vast amounts of time with the theory if you never put what you've learnt into practice.

About the postwork part, I can't be of much help, I'm afraid. I usually just do very basic light and color corrections with Photoshop's Camera Raw Filter. I think it also depends on the kind of art you want to produce. Some concepts will require most postwork than others most likely. Ron Deviney has lots of popular . Many of these can be found here or elsewhere for free.

Also, if I could just add a bit of advice to this. Don't concern yourself over postwork at all right now. There's a rule we have in photography that also applies to 3D rendering. If you get the shot right in camera, the postwork is largely about just adding flavor. Your goal should be to have your renders look great straight out of Daz, and then you only really need to add flavor in post. The key to any shot, in any photo or render, is lighting. Once you grasp lighting, everything else falls neatly into place. Lighting is everything.

If you want another suggested resource, I've been suggesting to people as a wonderful introductory going over many different Daz-specific lighting methods. They're unfortunately not in an entirely comprehensible order on the playlist, but there's a lot of great information there to learn.

Last edited:

Andurin

Apr 28, 2017
Also, if I could just add a bit of advice to this. Don't concern yourself over postwork at all right now. There's a rule we have in photography that also applies to 3D rendering. If you get the shot right in camera, the postwork is largely about just adding flavor. Your goal should be to have your renders look great straight out of Daz, and then you only really need to add flavor in post. The key to any shot, in any photo or render, is lighting. Once you grasp lighting, everything else falls neatly into place. Lighting is everything.

If you want another suggested resource, I've been suggesting to people as a wonderful introductory going over many different Daz-specific lighting methods. They're unfortunately not in an entirely comprehensible order on the playlist, but there's a lot of great information there to learn.
Ligthing is my prior right now.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes