Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoNote:

Since I'm a nice guy and all, while I'm in the final prep of updating SanchoMod to the latest core and bringing it all to S2 v0.8.3 (with additional features and tweaks) I'll do you folks that play completely un-modded a solid.

So, you want the missing songs back that were removed from v0.8.3?

Of course you do.

I'll be releasing a fix for that separately for folks that don't use a mod at all. It'll be incorporated by default in SanchoMod.... BUT you all need to do one thing (since I am not a supplier), you need to grab the old "music_ep1.rpa" file from your v0.8.2 build. It's the single one file you need. I'll do the rest. More deets coming soon.

Regards.

Edit: I forgot to post a teaser... so here's one with the mod up and the original music in place:
View attachment 2055346
SanchoNote - Music Replacement

You might want to bookmark this for later. These will be the instructions for getting all the music back like it was pre v0.8.3 (either SanchoModded or un-modded) and are to be used in conjunction with the pending SanchoMod S1/S2 v0.8.3 update OR the separate patch for you folks running virgin (un-modded), both of which should be available later this evening.

Q: But Sancho, is there a difference between the two?
A: Yes, I'm so glad you asked. The difference between the pending SanchoMod update and the un-modded patch are as follows: you virgins running un-modded will get MOST of the music back but I'm not about to change hundreds of files and more code lines than I already have to get you 100%. If you want 100% then the SanchoMod multi-mod will get you done. That's the breaks Sparky, there's always a trade off.

Enough yammering, instructions are as follows (don't worry, I know what I'm doing as I recently reverted almost all the music for another very popular VN (LoF) recently and it went seamlessly for thousands of players):
  • From either your v0.8.2 installation OR it's original zip file grab one file being exactly "music_ep1.rpa" found inside the "game" folder (directory).
  • After you've installed the new SanchoMod v0.8.3 OR the separate patch for those playing un-modded, copy that old "music_ep1.rpa" file inside your v0.8.3's "game" folder, overwriting the one that exists currently.
  • Done.
Easy, right? Yeah, but I'm sure there's a ton of folks that will still fuck it up as always. Don't be that DIK, follow the instructions for the sake of both your sanity and mine, please. My nightly Crown & Cokes only provide me so much tolerance so cut me some slack.

Works in-game, at the Main Menu, on the Old Phone, and on the New Phone:

It's just one of the many new features the pending SanchoMod update gives you (and a bonus patch for you mod virgins).

Regards.

Edit: If you can't find the one file you need above, see Frostvred's post here for a link.

Last edited:

Oliver Wendell Homely

May 9, 2020
I'm pretty sure that it was definitely a thing. That's why in ep 1 and/or 2 there are times where there's no music playing. That's where the voiceovers were. I wonder if anyone kept that version.
You are right. Originally DPC did want the game to be voiced. However, it further complicated game development to the point that he decided to drop it after, IIRC, the first episode. I, for one, don't miss it. Voice acting for this kind of content is the kind of thing that has to be done superbly or should not be done at all, in my opinion. Anything less than top-of-the-line professional voice actors just ruins the experience, at least for me.

Last edited:

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Anything less than top-of-the-line professional voice actors just ruin the experience, at least for me.
Not just that, but it's also the nature of the voice itself.

Let's say Derek was voiced by Matthew Lillard. Most people would be moderately OK with that, he's done some absurd comedy stuff and isn't too bad. But what if, for whatever reason, DPC managed to rope in somebody like Will Ferrell or Patton Oswalt? I'd rather slit my fucking wrists than hear those voices in this game.

Or if he had Karen Rebecca Johnson sounding like fucking Kristen Schall of all people. FUCK NO. Silence is always superior for a game like this. The best way to find that lewd-potential appealing is to not have to hear them speak, where the voice might utterly derail any physical beauty factor.

I know he's currently in jail (so apologies, AchedCroissant for using you in this example), but just how attractive would people find Zoey if she sounded like Rosie O'Donnell? What if the prick gave Riona a New Jersey accent? Or worse, Texan.

No, much like reading an actual book, some things are truly best left to the imagination, and that is one of those things. The dream girl can remain the dream girl.

Don't fuck with it.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
It's a balance thing, at that point you're 60% DIK, at 7 - 5 it's 58%. I think it's something like 0-40% = CHICK, 41-59% = NEUTRAL, 60-100% = DIK. It's deliberately difficult to keep a NEUTRAL affinity as it's the only affinity that maximizes the girl choices, the restaurant girls aren't interested in a CHICK, it's only Quinn who is locked out of neutral. Throuple and Jill are locked out from DIK affinity.
FWIW, "It's deliberately difficult to keep a NEUTRAL affinity as it's the only affinity that maximizes the girl choices" is a very accurate statement. For instance when you get here with Neutral status AND affinity while it also being "Permanent" you are in for one helluva long MC thought process with a max of 4 LI path choices:
1663725707855.png

BigBlueDude

Nov 15, 2020
Another angle to voice acting is that its beyond awful when the voices changes due to inevitable recasting, forced or not. And for the moment ignore subjective things like voices that dont match for whatever reason (age/accent/feel etc). It only works for games released in full, where the actor(s) actually know the whole script and have read it in full and act it all out so its consistent. Like a professional would, in a sane proper work environment. It doesnt work for games on patreon that drops small releases throughout multiple years. Its an awful state of the business really but what can you do?

Common interjection are amusing to me if used sparingly, kinda like sound effects (yay, ugh, ow, ouch, boo, yuck, woo, cheers etc). Sound effects like grunts, moans and background range from meh to pretty good. But full voices, F that. I only see fully voiced games work if they were Kickstarteted, games thats released in full after a complete and thorough development. You need the industry and a fully funded game behind you to make good voice acting to fit a game.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Something wicked this way comes....

SanchoMod proudly presents:
Being a DIK - MultiMod Edition (S1/S2 v0.8.3 Update)
BaDIK_SM_Cover.jpg
Comprehensive, reliable, stable. Go get you some.
( Simply click on the banner image above )

NOTE: Please read the extra installation notes here for reverting music back to v0.8.2 (mod is fully coded to accept either playlist automatically. It's foolproof).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Please enjoy. Mod core is updated to the latest v6a with even more features. I hope you find at least one feature beneficial to your experience. Remember absolutely everything can be toggled on/off as desired and on the fly. Complete information and exhaustive previews can be found on the mod's thread (simply click the banner above). Regards and be well.

- Sancho

Last edited:

homejorz

Apr 12, 2020
I wonder if there was a bunch of DIK fans swamping that punk rock band to appeal their decision to not allow their music anymore. Like did anybody really give a shit about that band? Being a dik made them more popular I would assume

The youtube comments for punk rock flu is filled with fans of being a dik. So I guess they will take the free publicity. Not very punk rock. fucking posers

Last edited:

Pennel

Jun 4, 2017
Something wicked this way comes....

SanchoMod proudly presents:
Being a DIK - MultiMod Edition (S1/S2 v0.8.3 Update)
View attachment 2055677
Comprehensive, reliable, stable. Go get you some.
( Simply click on the banner image above )

NOTE: Please read the extra installation notes here for reverting music back to v0.8.2 (mod is fully coded to accept either playlist automatically. It's foolproof).
Please enjoy. Mod core is updated to the latest v6a with even more features. I hope you find at least one feature beneficial to your experience. Remember absolutely everything can be toggled on/off as desired and on the fly. Complete information and exhaustive previews can be found on the mod's thread (simply click the banner above). Regards and be well.

- Sancho
Do you know if DPC has any system that detects modded files when transferring saves to the Interlude/Season 3? I know it's a problem with each new episode, but since it's a new Ren'Py game I'm wondering if the mod trigger transfers too.

Just asking since I plan to redo all my playthroughs and organise them properly. If there is a system in place I'll play without the mod (as much as I love it), so I can play episode 9 without waiting for the mod to update.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Do you know if DPC has any system that detects modded files when transferring saves to the Interlude/Season 3? I know it's a problem with each new episode, but since it's a new Ren'Py game I'm wondering if the mod trigger transfers too.

Just asking since I plan to redo all my playthroughs and organise them properly. If there is a system in place I'll play without the mod (as much as I love it), so I can play episode 9 without waiting for the mod to update.
I would fully expect episode 9 imports to be checking if there are incompatible states, e.g. somebody's game who shows them on multiple paths, which is impossible in an unmodded game. Wouldn't surprise me even remotely if he used that as a condition to purge all other exported saves as punishment, like how he was wiping out gallery collections, etc.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
What I wanted to say is that most people would not like an scene of MMF with one of the female characters, the MC and another guy, because most players are men, and most men doesn´t feel turned on by a MMF scene. And also, because it would be too close to NTR, a fetish that most of the people dislike because of the people play this kind of games to feel good, not to feel cheated by the writer and gets angry with.
It's not NTR if you're not dating them. Ergo, #1 likelihood for any MMF is going to be MC+JB+Elena, or characters entirely not related to MC, like Carolyn and her 2 men in the dorm party of Episode 8.

And it's easy to avoid that, don't take them up on it if the offer is extended. I'm not into dudes (Sorry, Troy!), but just due to wondering how the scene would play out, I'd go for the devil's threesome with Elena. I don't find her physically appealing, but I do like her personality.

Kassandara

Aug 24, 2022
It's not NTR if you're not dating them. Ergo, #1 likelihood for any MMF is going to be MC+JB+Elena, or characters entirely not related to MC, like Carolyn and her 2 men in the dorm party of Episode 8.

And it's easy to avoid that, don't take them up on it if the offer is extended. I'm not into dudes (Sorry, Troy!), but just due to wondering how the scene would play out, I'd go for the devil's threesome with Elena. I don't find her physically appealing, but I do like her personality.
Not into MMF myself but I was pretty much ready to go with Derek and Penny. But then Derek was being Derek :LOL:

buttgoose

Sep 5, 2021
There's elements of NTR with Isabella considering we don't know what happened to her husband. You are technically cucking him IF he shows back up.

Other than that I don't think Elena counts as NTR cause JB seems into it? Like he's not jealous and it's not behind his back or anything. She's not cheating on him cause she'll go back after you do anything. They're just swingers which isn't NTR.

Edit: I'm not even sure Isabella counts as NTR though because she has a lot of regret and takes a lot of (weird and kinda rapey) effort on MC's part to even see her titties on purpose.

Reactions: ffive

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
I've been thinking about one major plot slip if you're on Bella's path. If you have both Jill's and Bella's paths active at the same time, then it's looks like Bella doesn't care. She just asks "what is your relationship with Jill?" and "you should talk to her." And that's it. It seems that she does not care about her friend and that she will regard this as a betrayal. But throughout the story, we are shown how important Jill is to her, how she tries to protect her, but when Bella starts dating Tremolo, it seems to become unimportant.
It is not clear if the DPC did this on purpose to show that Bella is not so highly moral and is ready to take the guy away from her best friend, or just a plot flaw. In my opinion, it would be wise to make a block on Bella's path in which she rejects MC if he started dating Jill.

Yes, I know that we get this scene with any plot confluence:
20220915180121_1.jpg

But the consequences if you've dated Jill before can be disastrous.

Jul 22, 2022
I've been thinking about one major plot slip if you're on Bella's path. If you have both Jill's and Bella's paths active at the same time, then it's looks like Bella doesn't care. She just asks "what is your relationship with Jill?" and "you should talk to her." And that's it. It seems that she does not care about her friend and that she will regard this as a betrayal. But throughout the story, we are shown how important Jill is to her, how she tries to protect her, but when Bella starts dating Tremolo, it seems to become unimportant.
It is not clear if the DPC did this on purpose to show that Bella is not so highly moral and is ready to take the guy away from her best friend, or just a plot flaw. In my opinion, it would be wise to make a block on Bella's path in which she rejects MC if he started dating Jill.

View attachment 2056048

I think it’s a consequence of Bella being too attracted/ emotionally invested in the MC to turn him down even though she knows it’s a horrible thing to do to Jill. If you put yourself into her shoes it kinda makes sense.

If you began to fall in love with someone who was only just beginning to date your friend, you might also end up going for it. Not because you wanna hurt your friend, but because it’s incredibly hard to resist acting upon those emotions when they’re returned. It’s not unusual for romantic love to be the cause of death of friendships.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

View attachment 2056048

Bella, if romanced, constantly does not care about the possible relationship between mc and Jill (and in case it is going well she knows it).

There is no jump, Bella's behaviour towards Jill is terrible but constant

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018

View attachment 2056048

Nah, you are overthinking it, everything will be fine.

9B0AF4AD-ADD7-4978-91B4-6841CFF3E3B1.jpeg

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes