Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

okokok

Aug 19, 2016
Looks like episode 9 comes out on the 16th. Can't imagine that it won't leak immediately

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
Why isn't your mod linked at the OP in BaDIK thread anymore or is my memory foggy and it wasn't there? I'm sure I've used your mod last year and now I had to use the search to find it.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Why isn't your mod linked at the OP in BaDIK thread anymore or is my memory foggy and it wasn't there? I'm sure I've used your mod last year and now I had to use the search to find it.
Good morning bud. It's site politics I reckon. I noticed it had been removed last month too in a post I made in the VN's thread here. It and a couple other VN's that scrappy has mods for where removed. I obviously wrote a courteous request for the mod to be placed back so others would at least know it existed (so the player has the choice of what to use, not someone in "power" on the site) and I got immediately declined, the request rejected.

And how 'bout this: There was a title the joker had the only mod listed for, scrappy decided to make one for it too and he instantly got put on that VN's OP. So, it seems this "one mod per VN" rule is simply done out of convenience for moderators to put the spotlight on those "in the club". It's all bullshit and the same old dirty laundry that me and a few others battle every single day 'round here.

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
After reading this I remember your posting. I have no idea why I forgot that. I don't understand this rule. As a player I want to make my own choice which mod I use. Is there a place here where I can discuss this with the moderators? A thread maybe? I've looked after a thread about this topic but couldn't find one. But maybe there is a thread about it. I don't want to open a thread if there's one existing.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
After reading this I remember your posting. I have no idea why I forgot that. I don't understand this rule. As a player I want to make my own choice which mod I use. Is there a place here where I can discuss this with the moderators? A thread maybe? I've looked after a thread about this topic but couldn't find one. But maybe there is a thread about it. I don't want to open a thread if there's one existing.
Honestly, I get better results from creating actual tickets (link to creating one here). I've found that using the "Report" feature in either the VN's OP post or the mod's OP post simply gets the "underlings of power" who tend to auto-reject things. I've come to realize over the years that "Report" is low-level moderator work (which isn't dependable imho) and that "Ticket" gets the higher-level admins (the ones that hangout in their discords and not on the site directly as much).

I started writing a ticket a few weeks back but haven't finished it proper for submission as I tend to write too much and it gets bloated. I need to spend some time on it to refine it proper to get the best effect but have been way too busy lately.

Reactions: Tremonia

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
Alright, then I'll open a ticket now. It's okay they want have a structured site and not to many links in OP's but one, two or three links to a mod doesn't hurt anybody. I find it more annoying when there are eight links to fan sigs and six of them are showing literally one sig. Don't get me wrong. Sigs are nice sometimes but for users a mod is definitely more important.

Bluehemo

Nov 21, 2020
Good morning bud. It's site politics I reckon. I noticed it had been removed last month too in a post I made in the VN's thread here. It and a couple other VN's that scrappy has mods for where removed. I obviously wrote a courteous request for the mod to be placed back so others would at least know it existed (so the player has the choice of what to use, not someone in "power" on the site) and I got immediately declined, the request rejected.

And how 'bout this: There was a title the joker had the only mod listed for, scrappy decided to make one for it too and he instantly got put on that VN's OP. So, it seems this "one mod per VN" rule is simply done out of convenience for moderators to put the spotlight on those "in the club". It's all bullshit and the same old dirty laundry that me and a few others battle every single day 'round here.
damn that sucks. your mods are the best on the site. clean and no bugs. gonna wait for yours if you still doing it for this game.

Cedroc1701

Mar 1, 2022
The main thread is accusing DPC of modded save shenanigans and crashing. Dunno if its scrappy only or SM too. I have the current full DL ready to test and awaiting your benevolence, oh great Sancho. Could be a patch incoming though

TheKingCobra

Donor
Dec 6, 2016
The main thread is accusing DPC of modded save shenanigans and crashing. Dunno if its scrappy only or SM too. I have the current full DL ready to test and awaiting your benevolence, oh great Sancho. Could be a patch incoming though
I haven't had any problems yet with my modded save.

It's also a Sancho save. Might run into problems later but so far everything is normal.

TheKingCobra

Donor
Dec 6, 2016
Good hopefully SM will be fine. Are you running unmodded or using the interlude version?
I just left the interlude version of the mod in there, it seems that it doesn't really affect anything at the moment. Haven't played through the entire update tho :)

gamenok

Aug 4, 2019
Sad to hear of the favouritism, as I thought your mod was quite a bit better than scrappy's. Hope you are still going at it

Intralgen

Apr 26, 2021
Hey, Sancho1969. Just wanted to chime in and say that I don't know anything about site politics but any time I look at a new game I always do a search for your mods just to make sure there isn't one that isn't linked in the game's OP. As you well know your mods are second to none and I will always choose them over anything else available. Your work is GREATLY appreciated by a large number of people and this reflects across all threads for your mods. Thank you so much for all that you do.

alex523111

Nov 27, 2022
The moment when you don't want to start playing the episode you waited for without SanchoMod because you want to see all paths at one run :p SanchoMod addicted

Reactions: mofonistik
4.80 star(s) 13 Votes