Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Riggnarock

Jun 17, 2020
Hey, Sancho1969. Just wanted to chime in and say that I don't know anything about site politics but any time I look at a new game I always do a search for your mods just to make sure there isn't one that isn't linked in the game's OP. As you well know your mods are second to none and I will always choose them over anything else available. Your work is GREATLY appreciated by a large number of people and this reflects across all threads for your mods. Thank you so much for all that you do.
I Personaly got this walkthrough mod in my favorites :D
Just like i got his Leap of Fate in my favorites :D

Reactions: Max1276

canonss

Sep 10, 2019
Hey Sancho, thanks for your hard work on this great mod !
The only problem I have is that it seems to force the textbox to be centered in the middle. I like the original textbox which is on the down-left corner, how can i change that ?

Riggnarock

Jun 17, 2020
Remember: I create these mods for my personal use only... I just happen to share a few of them publicly out of generosity. That's how I roll: I'm selfish first, then I spread the love.
Gotta love urself first before ya can love another :D

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hey Sancho, thanks for your hard work on this great mod !
The only problem I have is that it seems to force the textbox to be centered in the middle. I like the original textbox which is on the down-left corner, how can i change that ?
Help me get on the same page as you bud. What season of the VN are we talking about? And, are we talking about the dialogue box or the QuickMenu?

canonss

Sep 10, 2019
I'm talking about the season 1+2 and the dialogue box. What i understand is that your mod activate the textbox option of the original game and then i can change the opacity of this textbox but the problem is that when you activate this textbox option, the dialogues are showing in the middle instead on the left. And i can't deactivate the original textbox option with your mod.
Sorry for my poor english as it's not my native language.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm talking about the season 1+2 and the dialogue box. What i understand is that your mod activate the textbox option of the original game and then i can change the opacity of this textbox but the problem is that when you activate this textbox option, the texts are showing in the middle instead on the left. And i can't deactivate the original textbox option with your mod.
Sorry for my poor english as it's not my native language.
Don't worry about language barrier, we'll get through that. Otherwise, the opacity slider works for either dialogue box (original or the mod's). To toggle between the two simply click "SanchoDiaBox" in the options as noted below:
1671203796681.png

Now, once you have the original dialogue box option (no Sancho dialogue box) you must realize that there's two original dialogue box options. You can toggle that in the VN's options and choosing "Dialogue" then "Text box" as noted here:
1671204084187.png

Note that there is a bit of lag when choosing the dialogue box options depending on the power of your CPU/GPU, so there might be ~1-2 second delay when clicking those options. That should get you done. Regards.

deuxrayme

Nov 4, 2018
I just want to add to the people thanking you for the mod. Free roams in this game without your mod are a real pain.

I enjoy SanchoMods so much that I have a theme song I sing when looking for one.
Sancho Sancho SanchoMod
I want to use a SanchoMod

Reactions: alex523111

Riggnarock

Jun 17, 2020
I just want to add to the people thanking you for the mod. Free roams in this game without your mod are a real pain.

I enjoy SanchoMods so much that I have a theme song I sing when looking for one.
My suggestion would be to add a Review, i did so too, one of the few peaps who actualy did, so with you up there that would make 3 :D

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
Hey Sancho! I've used scrappy's mod since I first started playing BaDIK since it was the only one available in the OP at the time. But I like yours better. I only have a heavily modded save so my question is, can I use yours to play S3 (Interlude onwards) without major issues or should I start a new playthrough?

canonss

Sep 10, 2019
Don't worry about language barrier, we'll get through that. Otherwise, the opacity slider works for either dialogue box (original or the mod's). To toggle between the two simply click "SanchoDiaBox" in the options as noted below:
View attachment 2239856

Now, once you have the original dialogue box option (no Sancho dialogue box) you must realize that there's two original dialogue box options. You can toggle that in the VN's options and choosing "Dialogue" then "Text box" as noted here:
View attachment 2239869

Note that there is a bit of lag when choosing the dialogue box options depending on the power of your CPU/GPU, so there might be ~1-2 second delay when clicking those options. That should get you done. Regards.
Thanks for your reply, i will look into that tonight !

TheKingCobra

Donor
Dec 6, 2016
Hey Sancho! I've used scrappy's mod since I first started playing BaDIK since it was the only one available in the OP at the time. But I like yours better. I only have a heavily modded save so my question is, can I use yours to play S3 (Interlude onwards) without major issues or should I start a new playthrough?
As someone who played with a heavily modded save my advice is to start a new one.

The reason is that it picks different scenes from different paths which feels weird and disjointed and also results in you not actually getting the story of the path you want most.

Some people also have problems with these scenes suddenly starting to loop which means you can't progress and finish the update.

The first one isn't too bad, the second one is game-breaking.

Happy gaming.

Reactions: RNasc4444

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I couldn't honestly tell you since I have no idea what the other mod does or doesn't do. I've hear of folks having issues this morning but I don't know if it's related to the other mod or not tbh.

Riggnarock

Jun 17, 2020
I Tested it back in Season 2 episode 8. its safe to asume that modded saves by that other mod can be used with this mod but the other way around not.
so if you used that other mod till episode 7 and made a fresh install with this mod then ya can do so, but the other way around not.
And i mean fresh install, dont use the same install with both mods, for that wont work.

not sure with the new episode though, i will inform yall on any developement :D

Kadajko

Oct 28, 2021
Haha, and then Sancho replies with: These are not the Girls you're looking for. or i am their daddy :p
No, but srsly I CAN'T PLAY THE GAME! I've been spoiled by Snacho, I need this..
Screenshot 2022-12-16 161935.png

Sancho, will you make a mod for episode 9? Because if yes, I am stopping playing the game right now and waiting for it, because it is too painful.

Reactions: Max1276

Riggnarock

Jun 17, 2020
View attachment 2239979

Sancho, will you make a mod for episode 9? Because if yes, I am stopping playing the game right now and waiting for it, because it is too painful.
I Must say, i like the wildhaired Josy, i'd sooooooo dance with her :D even if tommy is present :p

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020

Please see post here. That looks like a good spot for a SanchoSplit, ain't it? Regards.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I Tested it back in Season 2 episode 8. its safe to asume that modded saves by that other mod can be used with this mod but the other way around not.
so if you used that other mod till episode 7 and made a fresh install with this mod then ya can do so, but the other way around not.
And i mean fresh install, dont use the same install with both mods, for that wont work.

not sure with the new episode though, i will inform yall on any developement :D
What you may not be considering is the other mod will set in-game variables that might bork which SanchoMod won't (like forcing dual-paths, etc). So, tread lightly when making these statements. It's most certainly best to pick one mod per custom install and keep them clean. Mixing mods is always... and I due mean always... a bad idea. Hence why the warning is in every one of my mod's OPs.
1671208571168.png

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes