Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Kadajko

Oct 28, 2021
I have a question:

So the split for viewing multiple scenes, is it like when you choose to hang out with Maya or Josy for example? Does that mean that you can hang out with both? If yes, does that mean you get both flags for future scenes as well as affection points without the game breaking? Because I don't remember if there are scenes that reference your past choice in such a case.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I have a question:

So the split for viewing multiple scenes, is it like when you choose to hang out with Maya or Josy for example? Does that mean that you can hang out with both? If yes, does that mean you get both flags for future scenes as well as affection points without the game breaking? Because I don't remember if there are scenes that reference your past choice in such a case.
The simple answer is no, SanchoSplits won't "break" your game. The details are much more complex though so I'll do my best to explain in layman's terms and as briefly as possible. Awards (scene unlocks, etc) and variables of both (or more) scenes are retained as if the player cheated them into the playthrough (hence the warning text in the split choice saying as such). This does not break anything later but can have an influence on story progression mostly on a dialogue basis (the split locations where all pre-determined so as not to bork your previous true pathing choices). The splits were chosen on their viability after analyzing future conditionals that may or may not become problematic with the split choice... so everything was considered before coding the particular split at it's location. This isn't a half-assed, slap on to attempt a "harem" outcome. The splits where coded were very deliberately chosen and if a particular choice candidate would cause significant issues later then it was NOT implemented. This is why there isn't a SanchoSplit at every single choice branching. It's very selective in its practice.

Reactions: Kadajko

onibaby

Mar 5, 2021
Hi, I don't know if it's from this mod or the game itself, but at EP5 when you try to sneak into the Prep's party, if you're at a "massive" DIK/CHICK status it will turn to "huge" once it reach free roam, therefore I can't unlock Mel+Sarah+Heather bathtub scene. The cheat slider also won't let me to set pass "huge".

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hi, I don't know if it's from this mod or the game itself, but at EP5 when you try to sneak into the Prep's party, if you're at a "massive" DIK/CHICK status it will turn to "huge" once it reach free roam, therefore I can't unlock Mel+Sarah+Heather bathtub scene. The cheat slider also won't let me to set pass "huge".
To be sure, SanchoMod doesn't alter ANY variables unless the player does so via SanchoCheats or by proxy of SanchoSplits... just so we're clear on that. Otherwise I can't replicate so help me narrow down your issue... and confirm your Affinity via the stat screen or the in-game phone (they will always be the same, SanchoMod only reports the stats). The reason I ask you to verify your Affinity is due to SanchoCheats using the actual in-game code functions to change DIKStatus. As such note that Affinity and Permanent alter how that code works to calculate DIK Status.

onibaby

Mar 5, 2021
Thanks for response, so I decided to record this, I hope it helps...

Also, how can I fix this?

Screenshot (198)b.jpg

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thanks for response, so I decided to record this, I hope it helps...

Also, how can I fix this?

View attachment 2172519
The MassDIK change is due to your Affinity bud... notice it's "Neutral". That's the game not the mod. You'd need Affinity "DIK" to retain the Massive DIK status.

The font issue I've not seen before and I'm currently updating TFMG for it's pending update. When I'm done with it I'll take a look. You can remove the UTUBE vid if needed... I see what's happening. Are you running in Steam or non-Steam?

Edit: It just dawned on me that I should elaborate a bit so you don't think I might be full of shit or don't understand what's happening regarding the DIK Status. See, periodically the VN auto-analyzes your DIK Status and runs it against a function that takes into account your current Affinity and Permanent status. To not go too far into the weeds a "Neutral" Affinity will not retain a Massive DIK nor a Massive CHICK status due to the dev's coding (hence the "Neutral"). The Affinity and the Permanent are all part of the math that determines the current DIK status along with DIK pnts.

Last edited:
Reactions: onibaby

onibaby

Mar 5, 2021
I run non-steam from the main threads.

Damn, guess I have to live with it then 'cause changing to DIK affinity via cheats won't make it work either :HideThePain:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I run non-steam from the main threads.

Damn, guess I have to live with it then 'cause changing to DIK affinity via cheats won't make it work either :HideThePain:
Before this screen:
1668563836120.png
Try setting your "Affinity" to "DIK". In theory it should then retain status "Massive DIK" after that screen.

Reactions: onibaby

Kadajko

Oct 28, 2021
On a side note - this mod made the Maya / Josy story make more sense that the original game, since every split interaction was logically possible to do - go with Josy and spend time with her then spend time with Maya while she is unpacking, spend time with Josy at Hots during the day then spend time at Mayas place during evening, ride both slides etc. I love it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
On a side note - this mod made the Maya / Josy story make more sense that the original game, since every split interaction was logically possible to do - go with Josy and spend time with her then spend time with Maya while she is unpacking, spend time with Josy at Hots during the day then spend time at Mayas place during evening, ride both slides etc. I love it.
I sincerely appreciate folks that see the details of what I'm trying to accomplish. Splitting everything makes no story sense... the ones that are there are painstakingly done at only very specific moments when they can make sense to the story as a whole... otherwise folks should simply create another playthrough or see missed scenes in SanchoGallery. Again, I appreciate you pointing things like this out since it takes quite a long time to actually place every bit of code in a determined spot... none of SanchoMod is random hacking. It's intended (of course) to enhance the experience and aesthetic as much as I can in a fairly reasonable amount of devoted time investment, and I only hope to accomplish that in each private mod that I release publicly. Regards to you and yours, and thank you for the kind words.

Reactions: Elhemeer

Kadajko

Oct 28, 2021
I sincerely appreciate folks that see the details of what I'm trying to accomplish. Splitting everything makes no story sense... the ones that are there are painstakingly done at only very specific moments when they can make sense to the story as a whole... otherwise folks should simply create another playthrough or see missed scenes in SanchoGallery. Again, I appreciate you pointing things like this out since it takes quite a long time to actually place every bit of code in a determined spot... none of SanchoMod is random hacking. It's intended (of course) to enhance the experience and aesthetic as much as I can in a fairly reasonable amount of devoted time investment, and I only hope to accomplish that in each private mod that I release publicly. Regards to you and yours, and thank you for the kind words.
You have already done an amazing job, but while we are at this topic, I was just wondering, would it be hard to add extra little line of dialogues that completely glue everything together and make it seem completely seamless? Like for example after you are done hanging out with Josy when she moves with the bags, instead of going back to the street screen add a dialogue line that goes something like ''Hey, I'm going to see how Maya is doing while you are unpacking, we will be waiting for you'', or for example after you are done with ridding a slide with Maya, saying ''Alright, I'm going to have a ride with Josy now, or when you can ask one of them to give you a blowjob, after one of them is done ask ''Can I get one from you as well'' to the other girl etc. Basically super small dialogue additions.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
You have already done an amazing job, but while we are at this topic, I was just wondering, would it be hard to add extra little line of dialogues that completely glue everything together and make it seem completely seamless? Like for example after you are done hanging out with Josy when she moves with the bags, instead of going back to the street screen add a dialogue line that goes something like ''Hey, I'm going to see how Maya is doing while you are unpacking, we will be waiting for you'', or for example after you are done with ridding a slide with Maya, saying ''Alright, I'm going to have a ride with Josy now, or when you can ask one of them to give you a blowjob, after one of them is done ask ''Can I get one from you as well'' to the other girl etc. Basically super small dialogue additions.
Good morning. To be very blunt... absolutely not. I don't ever write dialogue, ever. Story/Engrish is the job of the developer and not in my wheelhouse at all. I personally have zero interest in writing, proof reading, editing, or otherwise dealing with dialogue/story. It's just not my thing no matter the amount of alcohol I may or may not consume.

• Haha
Reactions: Elhemeer

Kadajko

Oct 28, 2021
Good morning. To be very blunt... absolutely not. I don't ever write dialogue, ever. Story/Engrish is the job of the developer and not in my wheelhouse at all. I personally have zero interest in writing, proof reading, editing, or otherwise dealing with dialogue/story. It's just not my thing no matter the amount of alcohol I may or may not consume.
Fair enough. =)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Fair enough. =)
You know, I thought about this a bit more and might have a future middle-ground... adding a fade-in/out black screen during the transition of any SanchoSplit (regardless of VN) and simply stating "Meanwhile..." or some other such nonsense centered on that black screen to assist in the split transition. This is easy enough to do and doesn't require me to write custom dialogue per project. Thoughts on that or similar?

Kadajko

Oct 28, 2021
You know, I thought about this a bit more and might have a future middle-ground... adding a fade-in/out black screen during the transition of any SanchoSplit (regardless of VN) and simply stating "Meanwhile..." or some other such nonsense centered on that black screen to assist in the split transition. This is easy enough to do and doesn't require me to write custom dialogue per project. Thoughts on that or similar?
Meanwhile doesn't really make sense because MC is not omnipresent. More like ''After a while'', ''Not long after'' or ''Later that day''.

But you could also consider colab with someone that does dialogue. It is quote a minor thing, only a few modified or extra lines.

BladeTurbo

May 4, 2021
thank you so much for the abilty to restore the pre 8.3 music. even though DPC was forced to remove it, the game didn't feel the same without the prophets. they are a necessary evil i guess. oh and the fighting cheat as well :)

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
thank you so much for the abilty to restore the pre 8.3 music. even though DPC was forced to remove it, the game didn't feel the same without the prophets. they are a necessary evil i guess. oh and the fighting cheat as well :)
You're sincerely welcome. I agree, not the same without that Prophets tunes... just feels like too much Chick :ROFLMAO: :p

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes