Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Riggnarock

Jun 17, 2020
What you may not be considering is the other mod will set in-game variables that might bork which SanchoMod won't (like forcing dual-paths, etc). So, tread lightly when making these statements. It's most certainly best to pick one mod per custom install and keep them clean. Mixing mods is always... and I due mean always... a bad idea. Hence why the warning is in every one of my mod's OPs.
View attachment 2239997
I meanth as in i used 2 different folders, one with Scrappy's and 1 with your's, while i was able to load scrappy's safe with your's fully without any error's, it wasnt posible the other way around, i directly recieved a error when loading ur save's with scrappy's

thats why i said on a new install, dont use both mods on da same install folder :D

deuxrayme

Nov 4, 2018
I meanth as in i used 2 different folders, one with Scrappy's and 1 with your's, while i was able to load scrappy's safe with your's fully without any error's, it wasnt posible the other way around, i directly recieved a error when loading ur save's with scrappy's

thats why i said on a new install, dont use both mods on da same install folder :D
Don't use them on the same save is the safe way. The new variables from the other mod are in your save file.

Riggnarock

Jun 17, 2020
Don't use them on the same save is the safe way. The new variables from the other mod are in your save file.
well like i said dear, i tested it on episode 8, while having everything modded by scrappy till da end of 7, and i was able to play the remaining of the game without any error's or bug's using this mod only :D

Kadajko

Oct 28, 2021
Sancho are you still not keen on updating dialogue lines?

Other than that I noticed when I played through episode 9 that the game thought I spent more time with Maya, judging by what Josy said, seems game takes into account only one hang out, maybe you will find a way around that.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho are you still not keen on updating dialogue lines?

Other than that I noticed when I played through episode 9 that the game thought I spent more time with Maya, judging by what Josy said, seems game takes into account only one hang out, maybe you will find a way around that.
Be a bit more descriptive for me bud. I haven't started playing yet as I'm still porting the core GUI over to v0.9.0, Pinkcake changed a ton of menu code from Interlude to this update and it's a slower process until I get it done and populate SanchoGallery. After that I can get to the actual story, cheats, ChoiceGuide, etc.

Kadajko

Oct 28, 2021
Be a bit more descriptive for me bud. I haven't started playing yet as I'm still porting the core GUI over to v0.9.0, Pinkcake changed a ton of menu code from Interlude to this update and it's a slower process until I get it done and populate SanchoGallery. After that I can get to the actual story, cheats, ChoiceGuide, etc.
Ok, so the thing is, it seems that in episode 9 it would be almost impossible to have a consistent story without minor dialogue adjustments now, because of the situations in which you are put.

Example - Josy or Maya goes to grab a bottle of alcohol while you stay and chat with the other one - solution add a dialogue line that says that either they grabbed the wrong / empty bottle, or that they didn't find it so the other one goes and gets it.

Joining one of the girls in the dressing room is almost fine, if you skip the scene where one of them walks in on you.

Also there was Josy and Maya talking about how they had sex with MC, and I exported the save from a playthrough with your mod, in which I've spent quality time with both girls instead of choosing, however the game dialogue went in a way that makes it seem that I chose Maya for my hangouts, I guess there were both flags there but the game just saw the first ones and went with that, Josy commented on how I had more sex with Maya, which is not true. I guess you could make it so both lines of dialogue are played out both Josy and Maya describing all the sex they had with you, but then one of them would still have to say that they had more. Maybe we can actually count which one was true in the end and go with that.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Ok, so the thing is, it seems that in episode 9 it would be almost impossible to have a consistent story without minor dialogue adjustments now, because of the situations in which you are put.

Example - Josy or Maya goes to grab a bottle of alcohol while you stay and chat with the other one - solution add a dialogue line that says that either they grabbed the wrong / empty bottle, or that they didn't find it so the other one goes and gets it.

Joining one of the girls in the dressing room is almost fine, if you skip the scene where one of them walks in on you.

Also there was Josy and Maya talking about how they had sex with MC, and I exported the save from a playthrough with your mod, in which I've spent quality time with both girls instead of choosing, however the game dialogue went in a way that makes it seem that I chose Maya for my hangouts, I guess there were both flags there but the game just saw the first ones and went with that, Josy commented on how I had more sex with Maya, which is not true.
I see (the last one makes sense to me since I haven't played this update yet). This might be tricky since I didn't make a variable during the SanchoSplits to allow me to know if the player chose it or not. Let me chew on it, I'll think of something clever.

Kadajko

Oct 28, 2021
I see (the last one makes sense to me since I haven't played this update yet). This might be tricky since I didn't make a variable during the SanchoSplits to allow me to know if the player chose it or not. Let me chew on it, I'll think of something clever.
Like I said before, your mod would be pure perfection with small added dialogue lines that connect the two choices like after you visit one girl in the dressing room for example MC saying: ''Let me check on the other girl'' etc. And those lines don't need any skills in writing good dialogue.

lexhen

Jan 18, 2018
that is good to hear, because dpc's shennanigans got to the point where it feels he spends more time in trying to fuck shit up than in story developpement.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Just a quick note or two: I think I can revert the music that was removed in Season 3 very similar to what I did for y'all in the S1/S2 mod (instructions here). I'll confirm later after I'm done porting the mod Core code over. This is taking a while as I keep stumbling into Pinkcake's anit-cheat/mod code which doesn't affect SanchoMod but forces me to search each one to insure he didn't get me somewhere. So far so good, no old SanchoMod failures. There's going to be a shit-ton of folks that used either the other mod or gallery unlocks that have variables in their savefiles that are completely fucked now... but you're A-Ok with Sancho saves.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
that is good to hear, because dpc's shennanigans got to the point where it feels he spends more time in trying to fuck shit up than in story developpement.
We posted almost at the same time, see my above post in case it slips.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Okay, porting the Core over is painstaking but coming along. I've sorted reverting the original music back into Episode 9 and made the Main Menu theme music like you're used to via Season 1 and Season 2. I've started populating SanchoGallery as well. Chugging along and it's almost whiskey-thirty by my clock.

Edit: I forgot to add that I insured that if the player did not follow the music revert instructions properly OR they don't care to that the game will work just fine without the old music file. In other words it's dummy-proof... it will check to see if you've done the file revert or not and proceed accordingly.

Last edited:

My precious

Apr 8, 2019
You stole me from Scrappy! How dare you, Sancho! :D Thanks for all your work though. I'm curious how your mod works under the hood... does the size (of the update :sneaky:) matter? A huge update like this takes more time than relatively small ones from other devs or it is automated/scripted so much at this point so you just check if everything works or not?

P.S. Not asking "when", just genuinely curious. But Hachiko mode ACTIVATED for sure.

MilfyAces

Nov 12, 2018
So, Sancho just to make it clear, if I played by myself till episode 9, I have like 9 different route saves, but if I want to use your mode from the current episode, can I do that?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
So, Sancho just to make it clear, if I played by myself till episode 9, I have like 9 different route saves, but if I want to use your mode from the current episode, can I do that?
Indeed. All SanchoMods work with original (unmodded) saves and SanchoMod saves). It's the same for every VN I submit publicly.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
You stole me from Scrappy! How dare you, Sancho! :D Thanks for all your work though. I'm curious how your mod works under the hood... does the size (of the update :sneaky:) matter? A huge update like this takes more time than relatively small ones from other devs or it is automated/scripted so much at this point so you just check if everything works or not?

P.S. Not asking "when", just genuinely curious. But Hachiko mode ACTIVATED for sure.
So you want the ingredients to KFC's original recipe? Pffft. You and thousands of others my friend. :p

To honestly to answer your questions correctly would take me hours and many many pages of text. You've never installed one of my mods in any VN yet? Pick one from the many I've submitted public here for a sample.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Okay, porting the Core over is painstaking but coming along. I've sorted reverting the original music back into Episode 9 and made the Main Menu theme music like you're used to via Season 1 and Season 2. I've started populating SanchoGallery as well. Chugging along and it's almost whiskey-thirty by my clock.

Edit: I forgot to add that I insured that if the player did not follow the music revert instructions properly OR they don't care to that the game will work just fine without the old music file. In other words it's dummy-proof... it will check to see if you've done the file revert or not and proceed accordingly.
Porting Interlude over is mostly complete. I've added the latest SanchoMod features including SanchoHotKeys (I know you screenshot folks hate it but you can easily use Shift+S or Alt+S for that... I'm taking that damned "S" key :p). I have the latest CharacterRename code ported as well (I was thinking the Vixens were supposed to be in this update but they aren't, so no "Carolyn" yet). I need to test the Interlude porting then I can finish populating SanchoGallery and initiate coding of Episode 9's FreeRoam and ChoiceGuide. I just hope like hell we're done with those fucking text balloons from the Zoey dialogue choices. I hate working with those things, I just want normal choice boxes so I can maintain information flow properly from the dynamic ChoiceGuide in it's full ability (I condensed it dramatically in Interlude for it to work with the damn balloons).

Anyway time for an adult refreshment refill and back to it. Regards.

Reactions: -L-L-MJ- and Lumi24
4.80 star(s) 13 Votes