Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

jjzoey007

Dec 26, 2018
Heads-up. So many VN's I mod have dropped today that I might (yet to be decided) drop you folks a half-baked mod update. I reckon I can theoretically deploy a mod update minus Ep9's ChoiceGuide, Ep9's FreeRoamGuide, and any new MiniGame cheats. I can have all the GUI toys you've become accustomed to plus a complete SanchoGallery for sure. Let me know if that's something that would satisfy temporarily so I can get some of the damn VN's updated this weekend (thank goodness I grabbed that new bottle of Crown!)
Sancho please release full mod only.

rsreaper

Jun 10, 2017
Does anyone know which files from scrappy mod I have to remove/add to install sancho's mod? I don't want to redownload 18g for season 1&2 again.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
A little progress update:
  • New VN GUI features included in Core mod code - Done.
  • Interlude porting of Core mod code - Done.
  • SanchoGallery - Completely done, 100% including scene filters.
  • ChoiceGuide - In progress.
A few teaser examples of the above:

jhustrue

Mar 3, 2020
Does anyone know which files from scrappy mod I have to remove/add to install sancho's mod? I don't want to redownload 18g for season 1&2 again.
Why would you have to re-dl it? Just delete the folders and unpack badik again.

jhustrue

Mar 3, 2020
I don't have the zip for badik anymore, just the game with scrappy's mod installed
Oof... you're probably going to want to just wait for scrappy to update his mod and stick with that if you don't want to re-dl the game. I guess if you really don't want to do that, you could re-dl scrappy's mod again, go through it and see what files you need to delete, and pray that sancho's mod will replace any necessary files that you had to delete. Make a backup of your game folder before you do anything so you can just continue with scrappy's mod if it borks your game doing what I suggested.

You could always just download the compressed versions if you don't want to DL 18gb again, and take the files you need from that version. ~3gb is way easier to dl than 18gb.

Last edited:
Reactions: rsreaper

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I don't have the zip for badik anymore, just the game with scrappy's mod installed
I'm pretty certain the other mod has a bunch of loose scripts in it. So, there's a way but it's involved. You'd have to delete all the loose scripts (all of 'em) as SanchoMod always contains a complete archive of scripts and those must be used. BUT... you have a bigger problem: Even if you sorted it (it's much easier to install inside a new/clean installation of the VN) you will still step on landmines since the scripts have a bunch of anti-cheat code. None of them affect SanchoMod but all of them will affect your previous saves (which likely aren't compatible with SanchoMod either due to random "harem" path variables being borked, etc.).

I'm explaining all this briefly to basically allow you to see that unless you know exactly what you are doing it's going to fail. Either continue to use the other mod or start clean-slate is the best two choices you have imho.

mzolix

May 15, 2020
Heads-up. So many VN's I mod have dropped today that I might (yet to be decided) drop you folks a half-baked mod update. I reckon I can theoretically deploy a mod update minus Ep9's ChoiceGuide, Ep9's FreeRoamGuide, and any new MiniGame cheats. I can have all the GUI toys you've become accustomed to plus a complete SanchoGallery for sure. Let me know if that's something that would satisfy temporarily so I can get some of the damn VN's updated this weekend (thank goodness I grabbed that new bottle of Crown!)
I will wait for the full mod. Take as much time as you need. Can i have a request if you have time for it. Maybe can you put back the missing songs than in 0.8.3 if it possible?
Thanks for your hard work.

xtraax

Mar 9, 2020
I will wait for the full mod. Take as much time as you need. Can i have a request if you have time for it. Maybe can you put back the missing songs than in 0.8.3 if it possible?
Yeah he already did that, said in a earlier post ;)

xtraax

Mar 9, 2020
does this mod work yet because i had to completely reinstall season 1 and 2?
It works for S1-2 until 0.8.3 with the correct files in OP, and works just with the Interlude, not the 0.9.0 (Episode 9) yet, with the correct files in OP, he will release it once it is good to go :)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Good morning. As noted by xtraax above:

Indeed, already done. See post here. You'll need to follow the instructions just like in S1/S2 of SanchoMod which are found here.

does this mod work yet because i had to completely reinstall season 1 and 2?
Mod is fully functional currently for Season: 1 & 2, and for Season 3: Interlude. I will push out Season 3: Ep9 with a basic ChoiceGuide as I have several other VN's that dropped in the last 24 hours that I have to knock out too. This means that the sophisticated minigames in the VN likely won't have cheats (think complex like the Mansion game in S2). I can get back to them later when I can sort out all the math. That's my knee-jerk plan anyway.

BeenThroughHell

Sep 10, 2020
Good morning. As noted by xtraax above:

Indeed, already done. See post here. You'll need to follow the instructions just like in S1/S2 of SanchoMod which are found here.

Mod is fully functional currently for Season: 1 & 2, and for Season 3: Interlude. I will push out Season 3: Ep9 with a basic ChoiceGuide as I have several other VN's that dropped in the last 24 hours that I have to knock out too. This means that the sophisticated minigames in the VN likely won't have cheats (think complex like the Mansion game in S2). I can get back to them later when I can sort out all the math. That's my knee-jerk plan anyway.
i cant wait to play s3ep9 with your awesome mod. I'm almost finish DL season1&2, I'll just play phase through the entire S1&2 with the usual DIK path.

Reactions: Max1276

olsendriver

Nov 13, 2021
hi sorry for bothering you. i just startet to play the game from the beginning. just realised that i did use the other mod. can i just reinstall that mod. and install sancho instead. or do i need to start from the beginning again?

BeenThroughHell

Sep 10, 2020
hi sorry for bothering you. i just startet to play the game from the beginning. just realised that i did use the other mod. can i just reinstall that mod. and install sancho instead. or do i need to start from the beginning again?
same here i just need scrappy's mod for the MONEY CHEAT. should i be concerns there might be conflicts between the two MODs?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
same here i just need scrappy's mod for the MONEY CHEAT. should i be concerns there might be conflicts between the two MODs?
Good morning. You both should read the "Mod Mixing" spoiler in this threads OP.
1671291604785.png

• Thinking Face
Reactions: BeenThroughHell
4.80 star(s) 13 Votes