Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
A little progress update:
  • New VN GUI features included in Core mod code - Done.
  • Interlude porting of Core mod code - Done.
  • SanchoGallery - Completely done, 100% including scene filters.
  • ChoiceGuide - In progress.
A few teaser examples of the above:
A couple new teasers.

More features added. More SanchoHotKeys (now includes "o" for SanchoOptions and "c" for SanchoCheats). I almost forgot to add the hidden magazine notifier for the special render unlocks but that's now sorted too. This notifier works in conjunction with the ChoiceGuide toggle: If the ChoiceGuide is On then you get notifications of hidden items, if the ChoiceGuide is Off then you get no notifications. This will suite both sets of players: those that want a guide and those that don't like spoilers and only use SanchoMod for the GUI tweaks and other features.

Any PartyPlanning cheat/guide is going to have to wait I think. I spent hours working on it's code last night and realized I'm burning too much time for one thing that can be updated later. I must push forward as there's just too many projects currently on my plate and I have some real life tasks I must do as we approve the holidays. There's only 24 hours in a day and that's always been a bummer... I need ~36 :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reactions: MrFrame009

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
you don't have a money Sancho, right?. I like your mod better than scrappy's but that money cheat is kinda tempting haha
I never needed additional money in any of my speedruns in S1/S2 so I didn't code a cheat for it. I gave cheats for MiniGames, etc so there's more than enough money available without a cheat (imho). Honestly, considering all the features of SanchoMod if I thought money was critical I'd have certainly done something about it. Remember, MansionMoney is different and for that there is a "cheat" or rather extensive automated guide to insure you can get the windows replaced if that's how you want to play (all MiniGame cheats in SanchoMod are optional and can even be toggled On/Off separately at will).

That's my point of view, others may see it different and in that case play with whatever you think suits you. I code the mod for my personal use at the end of the day so my mods may not suite everyone... and that's ok by me... I'm not attempting to please everyone, I'm just trying to be a good person and being generous with my personal time and work. Regards.

BeenThroughHell

Sep 10, 2020
I never needed additional money in any of my speedruns in S1/S2 so I didn't code a cheat for it. I gave cheats for MiniGames, etc so there's more than enough money available without a cheat (imho). Honestly, considering all the features of SanchoMod if I thought money was critical I'd have certainly done something about it. Remember, MansionMoney is different and for that there is a "cheat" or rather extensive automated guide to insure you can get the windows replaced if that's how you want to play (all MiniGame cheats in SanchoMod are optional and can even be toggled On/Off separately at will).

That's my point of view, others may see it different and in that case play with whatever you think suits you. I code the mod for my personal use at the end of the day so my mods may not suite everyone... and that's ok by me... I'm not attempting to please everyone, I'm just trying to be a good person and being generous with my personal time and work. Regards.
you're right, my bad Sancho

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
you're right, my bad Sancho
Well, tbh I might be right and I might not in this case. How a person plays and enjoys a product is very personal by default. You may hate the mod (although I can't see why personally), and that's all ok. Do what's best for you. Hell, make multiple different installations and try all the mods. You don't have to be a diehard for my work... it'll all be ok regardless. What's important for me in your regard is that you're happy with whatever it is that makes your experience of any VN better.

Dr Huge Vee

Nov 18, 2021
Sancho your mod for season 1 and 2 is not working. Whenever I click on New game or Load game my game crash
What should I do?

BeenThroughHell

Sep 10, 2020
Well, tbh I might be right and I might not in this case. How a person plays and enjoys a product is very personal by default. You may hate the mod (although I can't see why personally), and that's all ok. Do what's best for you. Hell, make multiple different installations and try all the mods. You don't have to be a diehard for my work... it'll all be ok regardless. What's important for me in your regard is that you're happy with whatever it is that makes your experience of any VN better.
well tbh too im already ep4 using your MOD. i think that money problem im having isn't a issue after all hahaha

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho your mod for season 1 and 2 is not working. Whenever I click on New game or Load game my game crash
What should I do?
Need more info. Attach the traceback. Also, what platform are you using? Did you install the mod inside a new/unaltered VN installation? Etc. Bottom line: Install a clean/new copy of the VN (don't get cute, just do as instructed), then install the mod. Nothing else. It'll work 100% as it has for tens of thousands of folks, I assure you.

Karabonga

Dec 11, 2018
At the end of the Halloween party, Quinn, lily and nicole are not clickable to talk to and the optional task is saying that I can talk to them. Do you know how to fix that?

Meryl

Dec 17, 2019
For those that are wanting to have a money cheat in addition to this mod, simply use URM and add it in to the game yourself. I managed to do it several times and it never caused me any problems.

Just a thought.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
At the end of the Halloween party, Quinn, lily and nicole are not clickable to talk to and the optional task is saying that I can talk to them. Do you know how to fix that?
You mean in this new Ep9, well, I haven't finished coding the FreeRoam so I don't the the prerequisites off the top of my head just yet, I'm sorting other issues out currently. But (for example) to talk to Quinn you must be on the "Alone" branch and have previously acquired Ep8's QuinnLewd. This is but an example that there are prerequisites for the optional tasks in Pinkcake games.

TheKingCobra

Donor
Dec 6, 2016
Sancho1969

As the user above pointed out URM is an alternative, I've considered using it before.

My question is if there's landmines as you've pointed out before that would mess stuff up if I cheated money with URM?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969

As the user above pointed out URM is an alternative, I've considered using it before.

My question is if there's landmines as you've pointed out before that would mess stuff up if I cheated money with URM?
I don't know per se as I don't use other mods and I do not condone mod mixing. SanchoMod is made as a standalone product. Any other use is beyond my technical support generally speaking. Folks can do whatever they want but I truly don't see the point just for "money" as it's not needed. Again, if I thought it was I'd add it to the SanchoCheats that already exist. Otherwise I honestly can't answer your question, I simply don't use anything but my own code, ever. The landmines I've been seeing are obvious what they gear toward, so they are like neon signs to me... I don't think URM leaves any reminisces behind but I can't be for certain.

TheKingCobra

Donor
Dec 6, 2016
I don't know per se as I don't use other mods and I do not condone mod mixing. SanchoMod is made as a standalone product. Any other use is beyond my technical support generally speaking. Folks can do whatever they want but I truly don't see the point just for "money" as it's not needed. Again, if I thought it was I'd add it to the SanchoCheats that already exist. Otherwise I honestly can't answer your question, I simply don't use anything but my own code, ever. The landmines I've been seeing are obvious what they gear toward, so they are like neon signs to me... I don't think URM leaves any reminisces behind but I can't be for certain.
Well I'm mainly asking because I'd like to buy all 2d art etc. Also I missed your auto-allocate points and stuff for the MM so I've been using the 250k guide :p

URM based on the other games I've used it in is basically like using console commands.

I'd agree with you that it isn't "needed" but I'd still like to have it simply for the added convenience xD. It's also cut down on the save-scumming for the MM. Not sure if I'd went with the options in the mod if that would be necessary. Just in case we'd need mansion funds in the future I've been running mostly $4 jobs tho.

deuxrayme

Nov 4, 2018
Just in case we'd need mansion funds in the future I've been running mostly $4 jobs tho.
I ended a save with $35 over window budget. The party planning was always $20 on every save I played with the new update. There is a perk to carry $5 over to the next party, but it probably won't be one you pick early.

The party planning is randomly arranged, so I'm not sure if the time needed to make a guide for it will be time well spent. I got A or S on it every time (2 others saves and one for each of the main girls).

TheKingCobra

Donor
Dec 6, 2016
I ended a save with $35 over window budget. The party planning was always $20 on every save I played with the new update. There is a perk to carry $5 over to the next party, but it probably won't be one you pick early.

The party planning is randomly arranged, so I'm not sure if the time needed to make a guide for it will be time well spent. I got A or S on it every time (2 others saves and one for each of the main girls).
I'm talking about the mansion renovations. I agree with the party planner, it was fairly easy to end up at S rank so I'm not bothered about the money there.

But I save-scummed a lot to get $4 jobs for the mansion renovation stuff. I'd just like to avoid it for my next run.

For context I'm re-running the previous two seasons to get clean routes/saves. It also passes time until the update for 0.9.0 is complete :D

deuxrayme

Nov 4, 2018
TheKingCobra I thought it would be the same variable, but I see now that mansion_money and pp_money are the ones used for mansion and party planning. As many perks as the party planning minigame has, I can't see a return to the mansion one, but I also wouldn't have guessed Ep 9 would just be the Halloween party.

TheKingCobra

Donor
Dec 6, 2016
TheKingCobra I thought it would be the same variable, but I see now that mansion_money and pp_money are the ones used for mansion and party planning. As many perks as the party planning minigame has, I can't see a return to the mansion one, but I also wouldn't have guessed Ep 9 would just be the Halloween party.
Yeah I don't think we'll return to the mansion either but one never knows :p

I was playing the episode with a small feeling of dread the entire time. I mean I like it, for what it is, but not having any story progression is kinda meh :D

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
For you speedrunners (I did it for my testing but I'll leave the code in there), I'm having it so if you tab-skip through dialogue that the skipping stops if you run into a "hidden magazine" (aka special render unlock). That way you don't have to worry about missing them. Again, this is tied to the ChoiceGuide toggle, so the skipping/notifications are On when the Guide is On, otherwise it's off and skipping is never-ending.
1671304816959.png

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes