Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Will We be able to do most of the paths at once with this mod?
At the same time? No, that's where all the other mods fuck you. I give you random SanchoSplits where applicable that don't fuck up your saves. Would you rather try to fuck everything only to have to start from scratch every time or have an enjoyable experience in play with me letting you know when to save and where pathing splits occur so you can make your own decisions? I have always coded for the latter. Personal preference and all.

Reactions: mamon261

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
This was the loop I thought he was referring to but its a loop all the same.
I'll check it when I get to a stopping point... but now we're saying there's more than one? Really? I'd be surprised if things are that broken but I guess I've seen much worse. Thank y'all for the info.... and someone get this damn snow off my replay box! :LOL:

deuxrayme

Nov 4, 2018
I played the full update 6 times and never had a loop on purely mod free saves. I think it's one of the landmines for the gotta catch 'em all people.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020

Frostvred

Jan 21, 2019
My 7 playthroughs of ep9 so far(no mods, except save fix), I've not seen any loop bugs.
Out of these 7, only 2 saves are unmodded throughout.
I never altered any info on either saves about relationships.
I basically did solo routes,(or others "fuck around" playthroughs) "pre-planned" from start, and didn't fuck around with changing states. for all intents and purposes, they are all "clean" as they go, even if using a WT mod.
(but one thing to note in spoiler at bottom of message)
I redid all my playthroughs around EP 5(and again now!), when I realized, trying to do any form of harem in this game, won't work.

My saves are all from version 8.1 though. So dunno if something changed in updates.
I am currently doing a playthrough on 8.3, using Sancho's mod.
But that one is a "planned" DIK others playthrough. But I'm taking my time on this one(reading everything). on EP 7 atm.
I might try prioritize speed through a couple routes after this one, such as a Jill, and Bella playthroughs.

If I don't repost within about 10 hours, consider it as I didn't bump into any loop bugs.
And there may be some issues with altered states within relationships, as Tremonia mentions, causing the "loop bugs".

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
My 7 playthroughs of ep9 so far(no mods, except save fix), I've not seen any loop bugs.
Out of these 7, only 2 saves are unmodded throughout.
I never altered any info on either saves about relationships.
I basically did solo routes,(or others "fuck around" playthroughs) "pre-planned" from start, and didn't fuck around with changing states. for all intents and purposes, they are all "clean" as they go, even if using a WT mod.
(but one thing to note in spoiler at bottom of message)
I redid all my playthroughs around EP 5(and again now!), when I realized, trying to do any form of harem in this game, won't work.

My saves are all from version 8.1 though. So dunno if something changed in updates.
I am currently doing a playthrough on 8.3, using Sancho's mod.
But that one is a "planned" DIK others playthrough. But I'm taking my time on this one(reading everything). on EP 7 atm.
I might try prioritize speed through a couple routes after this one, such as a Jill, and Bella playthroughs.

If I don't repost within about 10 hours, consider it as I didn't bump into any loop bugs.
And there may be some issues with altered states within relationships, as Tremonia mentions, causing the "loop bugs".

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Well, that may be the case with other mods fucking up relp paths. SanchoMod's S1/S2 cheat section is a deep coding that automatically turns On/Off pathings as the player selects one. In other words the mod knows that if your on one path and select another that is not naturally possible unmodded then it turns off the pathing of the former before setting the latter. There might be something to that cause the looping in the conditional code... it's certainly possible.

I'll check into it but I'm still laboring over the damn phone chat code. I hate it... but I've got it sorted to have it's associated guide toggle On/Off via the ChoiceGuide:

ChoiceGuide disabled causes the phone chat guide and the FreeRoam guide Off as well:
1671328405229.png

ChoiceGuide enabled causes the phone chat guide and the FreeRoam guide On accordingly, all in real time:
1671328490331.png

okokok

Aug 19, 2016
I think the loop is more anti-scrappy code. Think I'll go back and play fresh seasons 1-2 with your mod to wash the taste of the latest episode out of my mouth. Was not a fan sadly

Reactions: Montanabob75

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I think the loop is more anti-scrappy code. Think I'll go back and play fresh seasons 1-2 with your mod to wash the taste of the latest episode out of my mouth. Was not a fan sadly
It's possible. I noted a jump that if the other mod was detected that it sent the player to the Zoey lewd out of nowhere... there's landmines all over the place :ROFLMAO:. I think Pink spent most of his time with those and writing crappy phone chat code.

Frostvred

Jan 21, 2019
I'll check into it but I'm still laboring over the damn phone chat code. I hate it... but I've got it sorted to have it's associated guide toggle On/Off via the ChoiceGuide:
OH I'm sure, and with confidence, you'll get it all done perfectly soon enough! :D

Not sure if you've had a proper playthrough yourself of EP9 yet, but I kinda got the idea S3 onwards might be a rehash of LIs, adding more, and mixing things up. Potential "break-ups", past LIs "friendzoned" become potential "next relationships", and so on.
Some of the "side shows" (Like the Pink Rose characters), become "teased" as potential future relationships.
Things are starting to look WAY too over complicated. >< (Intentional prolonging the VN? milking? Or it could be a pre-planned "vision" of having the "ultimate relationship simulation" with all the aspects around them?)

So with that in mind; Would it be possible for you to backtrack in your S1/S2 mod and add a "annotation" easily enough about for example 'the Pink Rose scene' I mentioned, for new players to get a heads up the choice of scene here, might affect the future? Ofcourse, that is "if and/or when", even after Ep11 or Ep12 when things might, maybe, become more clear? I don't think DPC would add complete "hard locks" on potential LIs based solely on S1/2. Though one may never know with seeing all his effort to even put all those landmine crackdowns vs mods.
I noticed some S1/S2 LIs change their personality depending of how you treated them, dating or not-dating in EP9.
Some subtle, some not so subtle.

Not made my mind up if it's completely superficial changes in Ep9 or not. Afterall, the Ep is only one "small" event, and their "daily personalities" could go back. Or if may be "permanent" changes.
I don't know squat of coding, so I couldn't look up on flags used, to get a better idea. So I'm only guessing.

Mind, my theory there is only based from previous playthroughs. I'll move on to S3 as soon I'm done with this current playthrough, and see if I see any changes based on my initial experiences with the old saves. Also, I might be entirely "on crack" on my assumptions. Thus giving DPC too much credit. ><

Anyways. Hope you get some time for rest soon.
With all mods you are updating atm, It's a miracly you're not in a coma yet! ><

Also.. Cheers! (12yo Glenlivet, for me atm)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Another bug found that I'll try to resolve efficiently regarding the first FreeRoam where the player must bring a keg to Tommy. If you're curious I wrote a quick second reply to a fella in the VN's thread regarding it here.

• Red Heart
Reactions: JenMistress

deuxrayme

Nov 4, 2018
I did it in the keg first order once and the task changed to tap the keg. Once I went back to the party room, everything was fine.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I did it in the keg first order once and the task changed to tap the keg. Once I went back to the party room, everything was fine.
I was chatting with a fella in the VN's thread. I've isolated to it being me map jumping. I can't produce 100% of the time yet, so I've made note to revisit.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoSplits are also inbound:
1671340359491.png

The FreeRoam is longer than I thought. The script has ~1600 lines of code and I thought "ha, this ain't nothing"... then realized there's two more script files in addition to it... each with almost 7,000 lines of code each, so there's ~15,600 lines of code of just FreeRoam. I'm getting through it though... I know folks want a complete guide.

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes