Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

SangeGame

Aug 17, 2020
Update about "loop bug".

I just sped through 8.3 S1/2 Neutral Bella and Jill solo runs(Faithful, no messing around. On a faithful Jill run, there should not be an option to stay with Bella or Sage.). Using Sancho-multi-mod.
Imported to S3. No issues to complete Ep9 on either. Just like with my old 8.1 saves.(using only the save fix from BaDIK extra tab)
(My DIK - Others playthrough using Sancho's mod had no issues either.)

Even if I tabbed, and CTRL through both runs in about an hour, I don't think it would "solve" any loop bugs, if there was any.

I'm gonna take a stab at saying CHICK run for both, would be non-problematic as well.

Sure the options I pick in Ep9 may be different from others. I still don't think this should cause any loops.

Who ever getting these loop bugs, might wanna consider restarting their playthroughs if got persisting issues.
And don't mix mods. Stick to one, or none! That's all I can say.

Cheers!
Yohave save file for all path? Can you upload

Frostvred

Jan 21, 2019
Yohave save file for all path? Can you upload
This is not the place to ask for such.
ATM I only have one "proper" playthrough after complete wipe.
And 2 rushed playthroughs for "testing purposes" that will be redone later.

There's literally a "complete set" of 'No mod' saves on the Game's page. Under 'Extras' for every episode.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Enjoy!

Reactions: jhustrue

dking239

Jul 1, 2017
I have been trying to add the mod to 0.8.3 and I followed the instructions but it keeps freezing when I press start I am using joiplay and it worked perfectly with 0.8.2

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Wow, just wow. I know this mod update for Ep9 will be the most complete version you'll have available publicly. I just spent over two hours writing custom Python code functions for just one choice for Josy/Maya Truth or Dare event. Why? Because there was no other way to report to the player what the ramifications would be (ChoiceGuide/walkthrough) for that choice since it's all calculated AFTER the player makes that one choice. I'll give you a bit of a breakdown so you code-literate folks don't think I'm going insane:

Testing my custom code to give me an integer so I can test against it to be able to give a proper guide (this is the testing screen currently, will be proper when I'm done), note the first choice "Truth":
1671386406783.png

This is the code (truncated for ease of reading purposes in this post) as to the reason required to write the custom code for just this one choice. Notice how Pink is calculating how the relp for Josy and Maya occurrs AFTER the choice "Truth" is made:

This is but one example, only one, of why it takes time to update some of these VN's. There's no way to correctly mod this VN without it taking massive amounts of time to sort all the ~320 choice decisions out much less any other features the mod may have (and in the case of SanchoMod it's more than a few addl features).

Just thought that this might help folks understand that I'm not fucking around... I'm working my ass off to get this done, but it has to be done right. Regards.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I have been trying to add the mod to 0.8.3 and I followed the instructions but it keeps freezing when I press start I am using joiplay and it worked perfectly with 0.8.2
SanchoMod is not currently mobile compatible bud. You'll have to wait until I'm caught up before I even sort that out with the current version of the Core code. Use PC as it's designed for, for now.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Wow, just wow. I know this mod update for Ep9 will be the most complete version you'll have available publicly. I just spent over two hours writing custom Python code functions for just one choice for Josy/Maya Truth or Dare event. Why? Because there was no other way to report to the player what the ramifications would be (ChoiceGuide/walkthrough) for that choice since it's all calculated AFTER the player makes that one choice. I'll give you a bit of a breakdown so you code-literate folks don't think I'm going insane:

Testing my custom code to give me an integer so I can test against it to be able to give a proper guide (this is the testing screen currently, will be proper when I'm done), note the first choice "Truth":

This is the code (truncated for ease of reading purposes in this post) as to the reason required to write the custom code for just this one choice. Notice how Pink is calculating how the relp for Josy and Maya occurrs AFTER the choice "Truth" is made:

This is but one example, only one, of why it takes time to update some of these VN's. There's no way to correctly mod this VN without it taking massive amounts of time to sort all the ~320 choice decisions out much less any other features the mod may have (and in the case of SanchoMod it's more than a few addl features).

Just thought that this might help folks understand that I'm not fucking around... I'm working my ass off to get this done, but it has to be done right. Regards.
After I'm done sorting this bit out I'll backup my coding progress and fold in the new v0.9.1 changes (that a very good friend of mine sorted for me). So, it's another delay but I'm sure y'all understand it must be done.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020

Okay, here's the final ChoiceGuide for this example. Obviously like all dynamic ChoiceGuide the relp stats listed in the guide automatically change according to your current situation... but you know that by now. I'll leave the "SleptWithScore" included so you can see how much the MC is a manwhore during that choice (This particular testing is via the Path(BranchAlone)) :ROFLMAO:
1671388176629.png

Now I need to save and backup the project so I can fold in the newly dropped v0.9.1

BrockLanders

Aug 8, 2020

I played my "blind/no-mod" playthrough (the road to hell is...) and now I patiently wait for your mod to update so I can do my other 14 saves XD

You're a legend. Thanks for your obsessive attention to detail. I won't even start some games unless I see "Multi-Mod" in the game links.

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
Sancho1969 From what you've seen of the code so far, is it no longer possible to keep multiple routes open in a single save with a mod? Even if some scenes and events clash with others? If I want a J&M, Sage and Others path now I need to have 3 saves?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969 From what you've seen of the code so far, is it no longer possible to keep multiple routes open in a single save with a mod? Even if some scenes and events clash with others? If I want a J&M, Sage and Others path now I need to have 3 saves?
SanchoMod has never allowed the user to have change routes other than what is possible through standard play. All the route cheats in the S1/S2 mod are complex coded to check other routes and turn those On/Off as necessary to keep your saves as pure as possible. Is it perfect? Of course not, there's way too many variables that would need to be altered but otherwise, regarding your question, the only way I can think of that a player could fuck up their save is to change the relp paths in SanchoCheats AFTER the mc makes his final routing decision at the DIK's breakfast table at the end of S2. Otherwise you're good to go.

Now, if you are talking about folding in a save from using something other than SanchoMod then I can't honestly tell you, there's no way for me to know your odds of success. You'll have to try on your own but I can't support those saves that are fucked up do to using other products or from a player that "tweaked" shit on their own accord. I can only support what SanchoMod does and doesn't do exclusively to the player's saves.

I hope that answers your question, it's at least to my best ability to do so.

Reactions: RNasc4444

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
SanchoMod has never allowed the user to have change routes other than what is possible through standard play. All the route cheats in the S1/S2 mod are complex coded to check other routes and turn those On/Off as necessary to keep your saves as pure as possible. Is it perfect? Of course not, there's way too many variables that would need to be altered but otherwise, regarding your question, the only way I can think of that a player could fuck up their save is to change the relp paths in SanchoCheats AFTER the mc makes his final routing decision at the DIK's breakfast table at the end of S2. Otherwise you're good to go.

Now, if you are talking about folding in a save from using something other than SanchoMod then I can't honestly tell you, there's no way for me to know your odds of success. You'll have to try on your own but I can't support those saves that are fucked up do to using other products or from a player that "tweaked" shit on their own accord. I can only support what SanchoMod does and doesn't do exclusively to the player's saves.

I hope that answers your question, it's at least to my best ability to do so.
It did thank you! Guess I'll have something to keep busy for a few months as I've decided to replay seasons 1 & 2 from scratch with your mod. I don't know if I have the willpower to actually go through 3 diff routes or even if this game is worth that trouble but I guess I'll cross that bridge when it comes.

Thanks again for the reply and keep up the amazing work you've been doing so far!

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Well, that may be the case with other mods fucking up relp paths. SanchoMod's S1/S2 cheat section is a deep coding that automatically turns On/Off pathings as the player selects one. In other words the mod knows that if your on one path and select another that is not naturally possible unmodded then it turns off the pathing of the former before setting the latter. There might be something to that cause the looping in the conditional code... it's certainly possible.

I'll check into it but I'm still laboring over the damn phone chat code. I hate it... but I've got it sorted to have it's associated guide toggle On/Off via the ChoiceGuide:

ChoiceGuide disabled causes the phone chat guide and the FreeRoam guide Off as well:
View attachment 2243813

ChoiceGuide enabled causes the phone chat guide and the FreeRoam guide On accordingly, all in real time:
View attachment 2243815
I reckon I have all the phone crap coded now, all chat msgs and Rooster specifically. The guides for both are toggled along with the ChoiceGuide so folks have a choice to play guide-free (as always):

ChoiceGuide disabled:
1671397089070.png

ChoiceGuide enabled:
1671397117605.png

lexhen

Jan 18, 2018
Hey Sancho i decided to restart an entire game with your mod, however while i was looking around your mod i couldn't find a money cheat. Is it by design or am i blind?

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes