Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
That's the log file, need the traceback bud. You can remove that file from your attachment via editing your post if desired. Also, remove that other mod and try again by starting the VN... just to isolate issues.

Cyrix72

Oct 31, 2021
That's the log file, need the traceback bud.
There's no traceback in the sense the game would have crashed and provided it. I just all of a sudden had this incredibly huge log, but for the rest all is running fine. If it is about something else, I will be happy to look it up.

Edit @Sancho1969: also on 10.0.1 and latest Sancho's, the log is reproducible growing at the moment I am starting to play the lab minigame. Apart from that it's running fine. Just in case you'd want to further follow this, let me know.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Update (Season 3, Episode 10 v0.10.1)
The Brisket Cake Icing Update
BaDIK_SM_Cover.jpg

Go get you some.
1702688915440.png 1702688943513.png

*** Early release for dev supporters ***

Important Note: Do NOT install this inside v0.10.0

Links in OP and FAQ are updated accordingly.

If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters.

Regards, enjoy, and best to you and yours as always.

Special thanks to (you know who you are) for the trust and confidence.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Ok, well two things.
1. Even with choice guide active, it doesn't show.
1702704202525.png

2. I have minigames turned off, but I just did two fights: Troy and Alex and won. Not sure if brawler has been seperated from minigames or not. Or maybe it's something else.
1702704369701.png

Anyway, no big deal either way. Brawler is set to hard and was easy af.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
There's no traceback in the sense the game would have crashed and provided it. I just all of a sudden had this incredibly huge log, but for the rest all is running fine. If it is about something else, I will be happy to look it up.

Edit @Sancho1969: also on 10.0.1 and latest Sancho's, the log is reproducible growing at the moment I am starting to play the lab minigame. Apart from that it's running fine. Just in case you'd want to further follow this, let me know.
I asked you to removed that other mod. You never mentioned if you did that. Notice how many times it loads in one startup on your end:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Brawler is set to hard and was easy af.
I should have hidden those difficulty buttons with the others when you turn the cheat for BaDIK MiniGames to Off since the difficulties do not apply if the VN's minigames are Off... there is zero difficulty in the VN's Off mode.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
I should have hidden those difficulty buttons with the others when you turn the cheat for BaDIK MiniGames to Off since the difficulties do not apply if the VN's minigames are Off... there is zero difficulty in the VN's Off mode.
Truthfully, I didn't want to have to play it at all.

Cyrix72

Oct 31, 2021
I asked you to removed that other mod. You never mentioned if you did that. Notice how many times it loads in one startup on your end:
Sorry, always asking my users to read, but perhaps should learn myself first.

Result remains the same, the log is filling quickly:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sorry, always asking my users to read, but perhaps should learn myself first.

Result remains the same, the log is filling quickly:
Okay, fair enough, thank you. Now, let's roll with process of elimination then since your are alone in this phenomena: follow the steps EXACTLY found here as a test and report back your findings please. This will get you and me on the same page to isolate the issue, we must be on common ground so let's at least start our tests from the same spot. Cool?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
FYI:

I'm going to be a bit slower with replies from time to time as I'm working on a large VN update beta that is due out in 4 days. All my monitors are filled with other screens that don't include this web browser.

I'll stop and switch layouts periodically though.

JakoDel

Jul 4, 2020
No... the import can't fuck that up. Something is wrong with your base Season 3 VN. The base VN initialization code establishes that emoji list, it has nothing to do with whatever you import or don't import... so eliminate that thesis from the possible issue.

In another newly named directory(folder) make a fresh install of v0.10.0 that you DL'd from this website, go through the import process of your S2 save(s) as you did before, and retest by speedrunning to get to a phone chat. I could give you a fix in a file but that shouldn't be necessary and I'm concerned that if your base VN installation is fucked up then there might be other issues as well.

I know the above is a hassle but it's the best process of elimination for now imho.
yeah that fixed it, sorry for the late reply! but ughh now I'm supposed to go through every freeroam two more times for the other routes I chose towards the end of s2. if I had some time to waste with this I would just try to make my own "vn mode "and string together the meaningful events one after the other cutting the roaming out but tbh I can't be bothered at all lol

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I would just try to make my own "vn mode "and string together the meaningful events one after the other cutting the roaming out.
Good luck with that bud. The VN uses more calls than jumps not to mention list creations inside the FRs so the free roams are paramount to the code execution. You'd have to completely rewrite the VN... so yeah, you'd need some serious time on your hands... and be very very bored to initiate such a project.

Reactions: Rattenknabbern

_Daxx_

Jan 11, 2021
Wanted to start off by saying how much I appreciate the work you put into your mods, they really are something above & beyond what others provide.

I have run into something that I'm not sure is a bug or if it's intended. When I used the Sancho cheat to auto pass the math class minigame (takes me way too long to figure some of those out myself), it passed the class with full marks but when I checked the stats page on the phone it listed the class as passed but not perfect. I have managed to perfect every other class until now but hate how time consuming that new math minigame is for me so was hoping I could use this cheat to keep the streak going without having my playthrough grind to a snails pace during that class. Is the cheat working as intended or are we supposed to get a perfect pass when using it?

Maxiom

Jul 31, 2020
Sancho1969, I have the choice guide enabled, but for Rio's date and Nora's date, it acts if disabled. This is for the v0.10.1 version of the mod. After Nora's date, it acts as if enabled again. I haven't checked what happens on Nicole's date though.

Not a big deal, just thought you'd like to know.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969, I have the choice guide enabled, but for Rio's date and Nora's date, it acts if disabled. This is for the v0.10.1 version of the mod. After Nora's date, it acts as if enabled again. I haven't checked what happens on Nicole's date though.

Not a big deal, just thought you'd like to know.
Damnit. Stop. Make a save before all that... I fucked up... I'm pulling the links, it needs to be rebuilt.

Reactions: RC-1138 Boss
4.80 star(s) 13 Votes