Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Built a sandbox of sorts
What does this mean exactly? Don't "build" anything. Just follow the 2 steps I listed and only those two steps. Don't add or change anything other than what the instructions direct. This is vital.

Maxiom

Jul 31, 2020
I know the science test cannot be maxed with the cheat. But let me quickly test the math test think I have a save close
Yeah, the science one is purposely not maxed. At least that one is easy to get perfect on, even on hard mode.

The math one, even if you studied for it (which I did), it shows above 100%, but it displays as passed but not perfect in the phone stats. So I think that's a small error.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm having problems with the game the moment I start episode 10 it crashes with the first scene of the doctor & Helen, can someone please assist me here.
Please use the search bar in this thread. I've literally answered this so many times including physically attaching images to make it perfectly clear how SanchoMod can fix your "you used another mod or hack" issues. Work with me here bud.

Reactions: Chuck6o

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Wanted to start off by saying how much I appreciate the work you put into your mods, they really are something above & beyond what others provide.

I have run into something that I'm not sure is a bug or if it's intended. When I used the Sancho cheat to auto pass the math class minigame (takes me way too long to figure some of those out myself), it passed the class with full marks but when I checked the stats page on the phone it listed the class as passed but not perfect. I have managed to perfect every other class until now but hate how time consuming that new math minigame is for me so was hoping I could use this cheat to keep the streak going without having my playthrough grind to a snails pace during that class. Is the cheat working as intended or are we supposed to get a perfect pass when using it?
I experienced this too. It's the test right before being given the option to cancel Nicole's date, in order to have one with Nora.

Test result states perfect, but in the stats it's only passed.
Geez, y'all are some picky-ass cheaters! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I reckon I don't have any issue giving the Player a perfect for Math. I'm standing my ground on Science though, not to punish the Player but only for my belief that the MC is far from a genius that would ever make perfect scores in everything in Uni.

In reality the only purpose of any cheat was to pass or progress without failure. Me offering "perfects" periodically for anything was supposed to be me simply handing you a "bonus". But I get it, I'll see what I can do for the next Maintenance Update.

osculim

Aug 21, 2019

I reckon I don't have any issue giving the Player a perfect for Math. I'm standing my ground on Science though, not to punish the Player but only for my belief that the MC is far from a genius that would ever make perfect scores in everything in Uni.

In reality the only purpose of any cheat was to pass or progress without failure. Me offering "perfects" periodically for anything was supposed to be me simply handing you a "bonus". But I get it, I'll see what I can do for the next Maintenance Update.
Think of it as a compliment. We know only you can create perfect cheats for this game. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Think of it as a compliment. We know only you can create perfect cheats for this game. ;)
Not to toot my own horn, but to date I'm the only one on the planet that has real cheats at all for Ep10, ain't it? I seriously doubt anyone else has figured out a proper in-game minigame cheat system yet for S3. At best there's folks (on their own) changing arbitrary variables willy-nilly after the fact but there's a huge difference: all the minigame cheat code in SanchoMod actually is a process that inputs info as if the Player actually played and input into the minigame. It's a massive PITA but the result is that it can never break your saves... unlike other inferior methods.

Again, the above is not a brag but an explanation of the difference regarding my personal theory on creating proper cheat code. In my mind it needs to be bulletproof, stable, and correct otherwise you might just be pissing in the wind (here we go with that again :ROFLMAO:)

I'm sure someone will take the above out of context but I really hope they don't. I only want to point out that I put a lot of thought and code processing into these minigame cheats... they aren't just a few variable changes slapped together, and it's my hope that all that extra work pays off by always insuring your save files made while using the SanchoMod product are forever stable. That stability is extremely important to me.

BTW, I'll nudge those Math minigame bottom buttons to the left so there's no more MiniMenu button overlap (to improve quality of life and aesthetics). I'll be back... need more coffee.
1702822961542.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Rattenknabbern

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
This meant I have kept all the zipped downloads, so I can start fresh anytime it might be needed. There have not been any additional steps then the ones you requested.
Well, you're doing something different since you are getting an error that label science_game_end_label is missing when starting the VN, and that is a VN original variable so it most certainly exists. I need more info from you bud, there's something you are doing different than literally thousands of other folks including myself.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Cyrix72 follow those two steps I provided exactly (insuring it's in a fresh folder/directory) and don't do anything else but start the VN. Let me know the outcome soon (like do it now or you'll be pushed to the backburner) as I'm ready to push this Math cheat change posthaste since I've been on another VN update beta project that has a hard-stop timeline... I have to finish it today and report to that developer so they can finalize (that other VN has almost 20 endings... which mandates full concentration of the code). So, if there truly is a problem and you want it fixed let's get this done. I'll check back in a few minutes.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Built a sandbox of sorts, following your recomendations, but same results as before after starting lab mini game:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Here's another issue in your log that stands out to me:
Code:
Could not open 'cache/shaders.txt':
There's really no reason why this should occur. Insure you have a "cache" directory inside "/game". It's there by default via RenPy VN installation and should include the "shaders.txt" file predefined.

Maxiom

Jul 31, 2020
That gave me a good laugh and it's so true. :ROFLMAO:

I make the MC a studious nerdy DIK that builds good RP with all the other frats (and HOTs if those RP ever matter eventually). I also wonder if your tests scores will affect you being able to pursue the nerdy gals. I want better test scores than even Magnar.:LOL:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
That gave me a good laugh and it's so true. :ROFLMAO:

I make the MC a studious nerdy DIK that builds good RP with all the other frats (and HOTs if those RP ever matter eventually). I also wonder if your tests scores will affect you being able to pursue the nerdy gals. I want better test scores than even Magnar.:LOL:
Then you shall have it in a bit (I need to find a stopping point working on this other VN first to get the build made and pushed live):
1702832212110.png 1702832226295.png 1702832238776.png

osculim

Aug 21, 2019
Not to toot my own horn, but to date I'm the only one on the planet that has real cheats at all for Ep10, ain't it? I seriously doubt anyone else has figured out a proper in-game minigame cheat system yet for S3. At best there's folks (on their own) changing arbitrary variables willy-nilly after the fact but there's a huge difference: all the minigame cheat code in SanchoMod actually is a process that inputs info as if the Player actually played and input into the minigame. It's a massive PITA but the result is that it can never break your saves... unlike other inferior methods.

Again, the above is not a brag but an explanation of the difference regarding my personal theory on creating proper cheat code. In my mind it needs to be bulletproof, stable, and correct otherwise you might just be pissing in the wind (here we go with that again :ROFLMAO:)

I'm sure someone will take the above out of context but I really hope they don't. I only want to point out that I put a lot of thought and code processing into these minigame cheats... they aren't just a few variable changes slapped together, and it's my hope that all that extra work pays off by always insuring your save files made while using the SanchoMod product are forever stable. That stability is extremely important to me.

BTW, I'll nudge those Math minigame bottom buttons to the left so there's no more MiniMenu button overlap (to improve quality of life and aesthetics). I'll be back... need more coffee.
View attachment 3181466
Dude you can toot your horn all you want. Your mods is fantastic. Keep up the great work it is appreciated.

Reactions: Porthas

_Daxx_

Jan 11, 2021

Honestly, the science one doesn't bother me at all. I find that as long as you do what it tells you in the note book it always ends with 100% purity. The math one I'm just finding tedious but really want my Bella & Jill playthroughs to get the highest passes possible so a single button click to get that is a god send to me.

Thanks again for all your hard work & I really do appreciate you taking at look at that. I'm still surprised you don't accept any payment for all this work, especially you're about the only modder that I'd happily donate something to (although it would be a small amount because buying a house & having a baby at the same time are (un)surprisingly expensive).

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm still surprised you don't accept any payment for all this work
Won't ever happen under this pseudonym as layed out years ago in my "About" profile page on this site. That'd be hypocritical of me and against the grain of the product's mission statement and one of the reasons (not all) of why I made this product brand public. Thank you anyway, sincerely. I'm just glad you enjoy the product tbh.

I'll push that Math test live soon. I have too much else on all my monitors to stop at the moment (with another project).

And congrats on the kiddo bud. And yes, it's expensive, you haven't seen anything yet though, it gets even more expensive :ROFLMAO:, but indeed worth everything. It's life changing... one of the things that change you into instinctively having something you'd give your life for without question. Welcome (soon) to fatherhood bud.

Last edited:

bumblebee

Feb 12, 2018
Hi, first of all thanks for the great mod.

I have a little problem with a task which the mod gives me...
in the freeroam where there is that hard to find money under the cabinet it tells me "Special Render: Brawler" but i dont see where i can start this Brawler game as it is no longer in my phone. Am i missing something?!

EDIT: Got it... had MiniGames off ;)

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Reyarul

DMNOV3R

Nov 28, 2018
Why is there an option to rename Gina to Carolyn? Why is there an option to rename Gina in the first place? Is this some kind of inside joke among Sancho fans?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Why is there an option to rename Gina to Carolyn? Why is there an option to rename Gina in the first place? Is this some kind of inside joke among Sancho fans?
The "inside" joke goes back some time via the VN's thread (summer of last year approx) while Pink was pushing out teaser pics of Season 3 before the new VN season was available. I started the post here after being pinged (they were just pulling me into the joke and probably just thought I'd laugh so I took it up a notch and said "fuck it, I'll do it then"). I later gave a preview of my promise here. Honestly, Ilhares can fill you in of the details but searching the VN's thread will get you up to speed rather quickly I rekcon.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 13 Votes