Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Brief technicals of why the above works:
  • Setting the Branch to Others in SanchoCheats forces all the branch variables to False (but in the above save the Paths are also all set to True and I'm not going to manually write more code to resolve another mod product's fallout).
  • Setting the Branch to Bella at that moment I requested above is the trigger to force the scene to change to an alternative which is the ultimate escape from the outrageous coding loop that save is bogged down in... it made an escape portal out of the code so to speak.
That's it really. Pretty simple concept. Hopefully all those damn paths still being set to True won't come back to haunt you too much, that's why I said you might get an odd dialogue scene here and there.

Reactions: JasonJemodah

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
Let's get on the same page bud. Let's stay on just looping as attempting to load any save made in SanchoMod will never load without it or this mod's "SaveFixer", so that one is simple. If you are trying to use another product with a save previously made with SanchoMod then try installing this mod's SaveFixer along with the other product (if that's what you are trying to do).

Now, with the amount of folks that got that looping issue on S3's debut (when it first released last year) after previously using another product, I would naturally assume there is a fix for it on that other products' page. Is this not the case? I'm asking if you looked for an author-supplied fix or requested assistance for the looping issue from the source of the cause... the other product's thread.
I haven't gone through that other products page extensively, but what I gather from reading/experiencing it for a bit is this:
1. He told folks a while ago he'd probably stop his "harem" feature and people would have to restart without it. So this is possibly his "fix" for the looping problem.
2. He's saying he'll still do a "harem" feature but ETA unknown.

I can understand folks' frustration to a certain extent, the VN dev obviously wants multiple playthroughs and has made a VN that really bogs down the playthrough pace with the point and click - even with minigames turned off it still slows things down a lot.

That said, I always go into modding as "wild-frontier-your-game-can-possible-be-fucked-up-territory" anyway. That's how it is for all modding for all games. I apply mods to a game expecting that I'll probably have to restart with mod fixes, no mods, or something like that. Everyone who mods their game should understand these risks and accept them as a part of applying fan-made mods to their game.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I always go into modding as "wild-frontier-your-game-can-possible-be-fucked-up-territory"
Well, godman59 won that prize :ROFLMAO:
I haven't seen that kind of massive "set everything to True" in a long time... but I don't venture away from my own work so that makes sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: Porthas

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
stupid as fuck idea tbh in a game like this
For any VN that's fully conditional based, yes, as it will never ever work unless the VN is completely rewritten.

If the VN is not conditional based in blocks then it's sometimes possible with some hours of work, but it's usually still sketchy.

It's one of the reasons I pick very specific spots for SanchoSplits and I meticulously code them so that nothing gets out of whack... so I have full control of the outcome no matter what. This is how you save a Player from themselves most of the time.

That said, the infamous simple VN that relies only on one Relp point system is usually all maxed by many novice coders but they aren't thinking about the conditionals in the VN... it's always first come, only that one served type of deal. A conditional processes only the first thing it finds True per block... so if all LI's are conditioned in the same block only the first one (if max cheated) will be processed by the code. Forcing it to do otherwise without recoding the VN is almost guaranteed to become a huge mess of nonsense.

So yeah, it's usually a futile process unless someone invests massive amounts of time (and in the case of BaDIK hundreds of hours) to make such a thing even half-way playable.... in my experience anyway.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Oh, other problems were coming your way bud, that's guaranteed with those stats :ROFLMAO:

Regardless, you can fix this looping bullshit yourself with SanchoMod as a tool.

Follow my lead in this exact order:
  1. Load a save (for this example I want you to load that 1-3 save so you and I remain on the same page, and select "Leave": View attachment 3188211
  2. Finish the Rusty (Basement) main tasks: View attachment 3188217
  3. Go back to the main DIK room which will auto-run the "banana" scene, and when you get to this screen exactly View attachment 3188222 I want you to STOP, go into SanchoCheats, and change the "Branch" to "Others": View attachment 3188224
  4. Now progress through the scene until Sage is done yapping View attachment 3188229 and STOP HERE go back into SanchoCheats and change the "Branch" to "Isabella": View attachment 3188247
  5. Now play the scene until the end when you finally reach the DIKs main room and are back in Free Roam: View attachment 3188253
  6. Now go back one last time in SanchoCheats and set the "Branch" to your preferred.
With all that done you are out of the loop and ready to continue play. But I cannot stress enough that your playthrough of this save is beyond fucked up and nowhere near "pure". The opposite in fact. So, you might experience another odd dialogue here and there but SanchoMod changes more variables than just the "Branch" with it's cheat so you should be mostly okay.

If you ever do anything that silly again then get help from the author that created the problem and don't drop it in my lap. I reckon you've learned your lesson. Now go have fun.

Final note: I highly suggest you retain at least one save of your favorite LI in pure form, one that was never cheated in any way. Then you always have something you can fall back on. Make sense? Of course it does, it's the smart thing to do.

Regards and you're welcome.
godman59, did you try the post I'm replying to? You reached out and asked for the help, and it's now been about an hour... just making sure you're still floating above water in the shipwreck and haven't drown. Tell me how it went bud.

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
stupid as fuck idea tbh in a game like this
Agreed, he'd have to re-write the code extensively as Sancho points out. He'd also have to re-write large segments of the story to make the harem make any kind of story sense. Especially at this point, where the VN dev has delved deeper into the "others" story branching than most of us anticipated.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
godman59, did you try the post I'm replying to? You reached out and asked for the help, and it's now been about an hour... just making sure you're still floating above water in the shipwreck and haven't drown. Tell me how it went bud.
(crickets)

Hmmm....
Something tells me we can chalk this feller up in the "love 'em and leave 'em" category.

I feel used. :ROFLMAO:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Especially at this point, where the VN dev has delved deeper into the "others" story branching than most of us anticipated.
Personal opinion on "others": I dig it.

The easy way would have been to disregard Sides like most devs eventually do. I was actually surprised too that there was more branching within the Side group. Sure, he might be milking it but hell if I give a hoot, it's his story to tell and two of the cougars are Sides so I'm just peachy with it tbh.

Jbudbill

Nov 13, 2022
Can someone please help with this error. It happens when I try to look at the 2D or Mixed Rewards on the phone. I have played all through season 1 & 2 with the mod and it worked fine. I start episode 9 and get these errors.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Any help would be appreciated.

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
Personal opinion on "others": I dig it.

The easy way would have been to disregard Sides like most devs eventually do. I was actually surprised too that there was more branching within the Side group. Sure, he might be milking it but hell if I give a hoot, it's his story to tell and two of the cougars are Sides so I'm just peachy with it tbh.
Yeah I do as well, "dig it". There were quite a few characters interesting enough for me to want to pursue and find out more about. He even approaches characters, like Nicole, in a "realistic" fashion I enjoyed.

I use "realistic" loosely, this game is pretty much a soap opera.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Can someone please help with this error. It happens when I try to look at the 2D or Mixed Rewards on the phone. I have played all through season 1 & 2 with the mod and it worked fine. I start episode 9 and get these errors.

Any help would be appreciated.
Can you update your VN to it's latest v0.10.1 and apply the latest mod into that and recheck for me?

I don't have a very solid way to test your issues since I'm concerned it might not be pure v0.10.0 you are playing on.

Both of those errors are VN related code (I don't alter the reward code at all) but I'll look into your particular case regardless.

Jbudbill

Nov 13, 2022
Can you update your VN to it's latest v0.10.1 and apply the latest mod into that and recheck for me?

I don't have a very solid way to test your issues since I'm concerned it might not be pure v0.10.0 you are playing on.

Both of those errors are VN related code (I don't alter the reward code at all) but I'll look into your particular case regardless.
I deleted everything I could find BAD Season 3 related to the point that when I reinstalled Ep 0.10.0 fresh DL from game site, and then I patched it to 0.10.1 and added the mod for 0.10.1 that I had 0 saves and I had to import my save from the end of EP8 and that still didn't fix it. If you need any more info from me please let me know.
Thank you again for your help.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I deleted everything I could find BAD Season 3 related to the point that when I reinstalled Ep 0.10.0 fresh DL from game site, and then I patched it to 0.10.1 and added the mod for 0.10.1 that I had 0 saves and I had to import my save from the end of EP8 and that still didn't fix it. If you need any more info from me please let me know.
Thank you again for your help.
I'll have to think of why you have that issue. For grins I just went through 4 different imports on my end, speed ran to the first free roam so I could access the phone and rewards were no problem at all:
1703039220617.png
I can open 3D and 2D art that's unlocked for my playthrough at the time.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Jbudbill, if you have the disk space try this:

Since the import data doesn't matter if brought into an umnodded or modded game, install S3 in a new folder/directory (unmodded), don't install the mod, start that VN, import from S2, then speedrun until first free roam and check the phone rewards. Let's narrow it down a bit. I think you're having a VN issue and if so I can analyze just that which whittles down the possible root causes.

Jbudbill

Nov 13, 2022
Sancho1969, Fresh install on a new drive even to 0.10.0 then patched to 0.10.1 and still the same problem so it is a VN issue. Again thank you for trying to help me, I posted on the BAD post for help twice and never got any response. So again thank you for taking the time to help.

Jbudbill

Nov 13, 2022
Sancho1969, the only other thing I can think of that might cause issues is that I am importing from a modded steam S1 & S2 save and importing it into a patreon game.

PeterMill

Jul 28, 2023
I don't know if it has something to do with it, but when I was playing the game with a different MOD I've experienced the problem, that when I was spending way too much money on Jacob for his pictures, the game kept crashing when I've tried to check the 2D gallery.

• Angry
Reactions: osculim

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969, Fresh install on a new drive even to 0.10.0 then patched to 0.10.1 and still the same problem so it is a VN issue. Again thank you for trying to help me, I posted on the BAD post for help twice and never got any response. So again thank you for taking the time to help.
Understood. You got a response from me here though and I'll try to see you through this issue. That said there's one last experiment I need to you try for me. This will seem scary at first glance if you've not done this kind of thing before but I promise you it'll be safe because I'm going to have you backup before this test so you can always get back to where you are now... trust me here and follow these steps EXACTLY.

This will be a long post but the process is very simple.
I will attempt to be as clear and concise as possible though which will elongate this post.

For this test I want you to use that "fresh install on a new drive" you mentioned in the replied to post, okay? That means we are using the unmodded VN version with an unadulterated installation (untainted).

Take a deep breath and proceed as follows:
  1. Insure the VN is NOT running (exit the game if you are playing it)
  2. Navigate via file explorer to "(user name)/AppData/Roaming/RenPy/BeingaDIKSeason3-Patreon-1535311494"
  3. Locate the file in that directory named exactly persistent, it won't have a file extension (.txt, .exe, etc.)
  4. Make a backup of that file. You can do this by simply copy/paste the file to your desktop or some other known location you will remember. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP. Double-check that the file exists where you copied it to (that your new "backup" is actually there). You okay so far? Okay, let's proceed.
  5. Hold your breath, trust me, and delete that persistent file inside the AppData BaDIK S3 directory. You just made a backup so we can always go back to where you were before you decided to take this little experiment adventure so we're fine. Just do it please.
  6. Navigate to that "fresh install" you mentioned on whatever drive it's on, and go to the directory "/game/saves" within the game's directory. I want you to find that same file persistent. Now notice that it's the same exact file with the same exact timestamp as the one you found and made a backup of in AppData. With that said we do not need a backup of this since we already made the master in step 4 above. Make sense? Okay, let's keep going.
  7. Just like in step 5 above, delete that duplicate. Note: RenPy always writes the persistent file date to AppData first then copies the file inside the VN's "save" directory for safety. It's a RenPy thing.
  8. Now, to summarize we have backed-up your master persistent file, and deleted both circumstances of it in our "fresh install" of the VN. You still with me? Okay, let's roll...
  9. Start the VN. At the Main Menu select "Gallery" then "Rewards" and report your findings.
I know this seems like a lot above but it's really not as bad as this long post makes it seem. I'm just doing my best to be very clear so there's zero confusion regarding the process.

If this works any previous cheated unlocks will likely no longer exists, along with some other historical data from all your time playing the game. Don't worry though, if you ever want to go back to where you were BEFORE you took the above steps then it's a simple two-step process:
  1. Copy the persistent backup you made in step 4 above and copy it inside: "(user name)/AppData/Roaming/RenPy/BeingaDIKSeason3-Patreon-1535311494"
  2. Copy the persistent backup you made in step 4 above and copy it inside: "(your fresh install directory"/game/saves"
So, that's the entire Backup, Test, and Restore processes in this one location (post) should you need to reference it in the future. Now, perform the Backup & Test portions and let me know what you find please.

Last edited:
Reactions: JasonJemodah
4.80 star(s) 13 Votes