Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I don't know if it has something to do with it, but when I was playing the game with a different MOD I've experienced the problem, that when I was spending way too much money on Jacob for his pictures, the game kept crashing when I've tried to check the 2D gallery.
In theory if one has the in-game money to manually unlock anything available via Jacob's store then all should be fine. Now, if a mod has an "unlock everything" button then things could get wonkey. Is this what maybe happened? If so it would go toward explaining what is happening with Jbudbill and his persistent file.

Jbudbill,

In your original tracebacks both error exceptions happen while the games code is verifying the Jacob image unlocks in the persistent file. The exact code at the specific points of failure your tracebacks noted are as follows:

3D (Mixed):
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Resulting in: IndexError: list index out of range

2D:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Resulting in: TypeError: 'bool' object has no attribute '__getitem__'

Notice how both issues fail in regards to the data inside the persistent list: "persistent.rewards_seen_list"

This is exactly why we are doing the "persistent" experiment above. My fear is that you might have used some type of cheat or mod during some point in your S1/S2 play that forced unlocks of images that may not even exist which would make the codes search go beyond the image list limits. If we can isolate it to the persistent then I might be able to rebuild your persistent file to contain all it's data minus any erroneous Jacob pics that either don't exist or aren't callable at the beginning of S3.

Last edited:

godman59

Nov 25, 2017
godman59, did you try the post I'm replying to? You reached out and asked for the help, and it's now been about an hour... just making sure you're still floating above water in the shipwreck and haven't drown. Tell me how it went bud.
Gosh chill, when you were replying it was already like 11 pm for me so I was out laying down in bed and then comes morning routine and work so its just now that I am on my PC.
And yes thats what I did before you mentioned the solution and it has been working for me just fine, the only difference is that I've done it just before the cutscene not during one.

Regardless, for now I've abandoned my "ultimate harem" route and I've stayed on fixed Isabella route (which either way was my target). Thanks for the replies, it wasn't my intention to "use" anybody, it was just a simple cry for help which happily came to a conclusion.

Cheers

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
it wasn't my intention to "use" anybody, it was just a simple cry for help which happily came to a conclusion.
I was pulling your leg bud. Folks that know me 'round here know that I have two stages of posts: those were I'm explaining a technical issue (trying to actually be serious) and those where I'm just the light-hearted me, hence the reason I use these stupid emojis so it's clear. So when you see :ROFLMAO: in my posts that means I'm actually joking and having a bit of fun either at my own expense, the expense of others, or both.

Just so you know I had no angst or anger at all bud. Enjoy and have a good one.

... and never fear bananas again :ROFLMAO: (<-- me pulling your leg again)
1703092879039.png

Last edited:
Reactions: godman59

Jbudbill

Nov 13, 2022
Sancho1969 you sir are a gentleman and a scholar. IT WORKED! I had tried to get a clean persistent file forever. Thank you for the walkthrough. Now I can finally enjoy the full game again!

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969 you sir are a gentleman and a scholar. IT WORKED! I had tried to get a clean persistent file forever. Thank you for the walkthrough. Now I can finally enjoy the full game again!
Keep that backup for the future just in case bud. It's a small file but maybe place it in a zip file then some folder were you might keep other game data backups. Well done and glad you finally got sorted.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Jbudbill

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Any ideas?
Yes, my idea is that you are trying to play with a hacked version of my work or you decompiled (unrened) the VN's files... or both.

Install the mod as is by placing the entire contents of it's zip inside a clean (unadulterated) installation of the VN. Don't do anything else (no shenanigans nor hackery), simply start the VN and you're golden. Otherwise you "void the warranty".

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Well, finally got caught up with the Dev on this game. I skipped the Brawl For All Special Render thingy though because I could not figure out how to play that game what so ever. Also, temporary changed to Chick because thought Comforting Maya was the best choice of the 3. Anyways, no problem what so ever that I could find from your mod, however if possible for future releases, maybe do something to highlight where the Special Renders or Money is on the screen, as many times I had quite a few problems finding them, still never found that money in the living room of the dorm, but thank you so very much for your work on this!!!

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Well, finally got caught up with the Dev on this game. I skipped the Brawl For All Special Render thingy though because I could not figure out how to play that game what so ever. Also, temporary changed to Chick because thought Comforting Maya was the best choice of the 3. Anyways, no problem what so ever that I could find from your mod, however if possible for future releases, maybe do something to highlight where the Special Renders or Money is on the screen, as many times I had quite a few problems finding them, still never found that money in the living room of the dorm, but thank you so very much for your work on this!!!
See if this post by me helps for what I think are the hardest 3 things to find.

• Red Heart
Reactions: JenMistress

Adonis22

Nov 21, 2021
Sancho1969 Just wanna appreciate you, Downloaded save fixer as well as your mod. Fixed everything for me and enjoyed my playthroughs.
Will bug you again whenever ep11 comes out lol

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969 Just wanna appreciate you, Downloaded save fixer as well as your mod. Fixed everything for me and enjoyed my playthroughs.
Will bug you again whenever ep11 comes out lol
Well, good morning and bug me now. What Save Fixer exactly are we talking about? If the one in this thread's OP then delete the fixer. If one of the others I've made for the base VN then direct me to it as it's likely not required and may cause problems.

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
Great mod. Really helps out with repeated playthroughs. I have a few requests for you to consider when you're really, really bored and are tinkering on this mod.

****warning for anyone reading this post, I discuss what a "new-to-the-game" person would consider spoilers, probably, so continue reading at your own risk******

1. Longer save name - these playthroughs are gathering more and more branching. If we get more space to label our save names, it'll help organize. At this point, I'm having to resort to acronyms :ROFLMAO:
2. Even More Control over the DIK score - I'd like to be able to swing to "Massive DiK" for that sauna scene in the prep party. Currently, the dev saws down our DiK and Chick scores as we plug along so I may not have access to Massive if I'm concentrating on a Bella/Jill playthrough.
3. Even More More Control over the DIK score. I think that the game aggregates an overall personality score for chapters then locks you out of, say, Quinn or Jill if that score was X during a certain chapter? I'd like control over that chapter score.

I mean, we're cheating and my MC is a moody bitch. He can be a massive dick one day and feel all touchy feely the next. Don't judge. :LOL:

4. Not a Harem but Always Access to "Others" - If you "romance" all the main girls, you have no access to "Others - I don't want to lock down any of them" - I had to pick one of them.
5. Gallery picture universal Unlocks. If I unlock a picture on X character, that picture stays unlocked for all characters thereafter.
6. A Josy vs Maya tracker. The dev is keeping track of this troubled pair and how the MC swings them one way or another. Towards unity, towards Josy, towards Maya. Maybe something in the Mini stats that says something simple like "favors Josy" or "favors Maya" - something like that.
7. The Threesome/Foursome Tracker - Dev is hinting strongly that there's going to be several possible combinations. If you're in a Josy/Maya relationship and are scoring high, with, say, Sage - I think there's going to be a strong opportunity to bring Sage into the fold later on. If there's anything keeping track of that, I'd like to see a plain indicator (maybe on the mini stat) that we're "possibly on the right track" for something like that. I say Threesome because there's a Bella/Jill thing going on as well.

I know that there's no way to predict what's going to happen, I'm just looking for directions for steering the ship in possible directions.

8. For repeat playthroughs, highlighting the money and other hidden objects would speed up the repeat process.
9. Regarding mini-games, the dev seems to make us play some even if we have them turned off. Like the boxing stuff. So, if at some point he/she keeps being ridiculous about it and we may as well have mini-games turned on, please automate winning as many of these as you want. I don't really play VN's for mini-games, I play them for story. Like the old "choose your own adventure" books back in the 80's.

I realize (even without being a coder) that the above requests about "Others" and the manipulation of the DiK/Chick scores will probably never happen. The dev is really married to the idea of narrowing down our "personality" and having it limit our choices, it's probably so integral to the VN process it can't be messed with too much. But still, I'd like as much control over this as possible.

Again, these are all just requests - a wish list. I don't feel entitled to mod features or to your time. Have a good one. :)

Adonis22

Nov 21, 2021
Well, good morning and bug me now. What Save Fixer exactly are we talking about? If the one in this thread's OP then delete the fixer. If one of the others I've made for the base VN then direct me to it as it's likely not required and may cause problems.
I'm using the Other mods save fixer.

Klistoff

May 19, 2023
Hi Sancho.

First up, many thanks for your awesome mods.

Second, I found a bijou bugette - nothing big and is more of an annoyance in gameplay terms.

I don't have a save for the "Hots & Sides" path so rather than start a fresh playthrough, I downloaded the unmodded saves from the main game OP then used Sancho Cheats to change the name. I then noticed in the Cathy & Rio scenes that on a couple of occasions when the girls are talking they use the original name from the saves. On checking Sancho Gallery, the same happens here with them calling you MC (double-checked this with a clean VN install on a new PC and no saves) - for Cathy the first instance is the kiss scene and with Rio the BJ. Presuming DPC must have multiple stores for the MC name to cause this.

Darth Vengeant

May 6, 2020
This mod has no link in the main games page now. It was there, but now it's....gone. It only has the link to the scrappy mod now, and this one is better.

Could we get a cheat for the stupid party planning stuff? Please? The Thanksgiving part for example. I can't stand these stupid part planning things, utterly ridiculous nonsense imo. Thanx.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hi Sancho.

First up, many thanks for your awesome mods.

Second, I found a bijou bugette - nothing big and is more of an annoyance in gameplay terms.

I don't have a save for the "Hots & Sides" path so rather than start a fresh playthrough, I downloaded the unmodded saves from the main game OP then used Sancho Cheats to change the name. I then noticed in the Cathy & Rio scenes that on a couple of occasions when the girls are talking they use the original name from the saves. On checking Sancho Gallery, the same happens here with them calling you MC (double-checked this with a clean VN install on a new PC and no saves) - for Cathy the first instance is the kiss scene and with Rio the BJ. Presuming DPC must have multiple stores for the MC name to cause this.
Ha, you think I F'd up? Naw, I didn't. Because you DL'd someone else's saves you must also set the "Pet" names for each respective LI in the Phone while in-game. That's how the VN works... the mod is not messed up there. :p

This mod has no link in the main games page now. It was there, but now it's....gone. It only has the link to the scrappy mod now, and this one is better.
Nothing I can do about it bud, I'm a black sheep around here since I openly call out BS... so a few "with the power" constantly oppress my work/listings. Politics and dirty laundry, that's all it is really.

• Sad
Reactions: Porthas

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I downloaded the version from this thread and just unpacked it into game dir.
and I haven't changed anything, especially as I wouldn't even know how to do it.
Follow the steps found here exactly. Not somewhat partially but exactly as directed (meaning your going to be installing the original VN in a brand newly named directory, etc). Once you follow those instructions to a "T" then report back please.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Did it with a fresh installation but same problem
download at mega:
View attachment 3196099
new game unmodded:
View attachment 3196100 View attachment 3196101
new game modded:
View attachment 3196102 View attachment 3196103
folders modded version:
View attachment 3196104
Nope, you still haven't followed instructions.
  • Your "Folders modded version" has loose script files in it.
  • Neither the original VN nor the mod have loose scripts.
  • Either do as I asked or just forget it bud.
It's just two simple steps and nothing else.

Your installation folder files, this is wrong, all wrong:
1703276919694.png

NOTE: You are either fucking around with unren or you didn't DL the VN's original game from a "reputable source".
PinkCake's (the dev) VN installation has no loose scripts (it's not decompiled nor unarchived).
If the installation zip you have didn't come from his support page or this site then that's your problem.
DL the VN from the VN's OP on this site, not some other garbage site... if that's what you did.

Last edited:

Razi80

Nov 23, 2018
now i understand you.
that i can't do because i only had the chance to get it from a friend as zip.
here in country not allowed to buy it in steam :(
1703279030026.png
i apologize for the inconvenience.
i'll delete my question.

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes