Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Is Sancho Mod compatible with the Video Enhancement Mod with interpolated 60fps videos?

https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-v0-10-1-dr-pinkcake.25332/post-10797806
I can only confirm officially on my end that there should be no compatibility issues with any pure image/animation modifications as SanchoMod does not alter those particular files in any way at all. So if a "mod" simply replaces the VN's image/animation files then no problem. Everything else is off the table though since I alter almost all the script files and have an audio mod built-in (the OG Music mod).

Regards.

Reactions: Rattenknabbern

Maxiom

Jul 31, 2020
Small issue that I found. The Friday Prophets songs, the way their titles display looks messed up in the menu music player, when one of their songs is playing.

The titles and the black play button in the white circle, are misplaced.

Honestly doesn't matter to me, just reporting it.

PEscobar

Oct 5, 2022
Just follow the steps found here. This will insure a clean install of both the VN and SanchoMod. It's just two steps and one of them is simply installing the VN. Do NOT mix mods (as noted in this threads OP, read the OP if you haven't yet.

Now, since your saves will be borked due to using another product, SanchoMod can automatically fix the timebombs for you. Depending on approx where you are when you load an old save stop when you see this in the MiniStat for example, push the green text button and you're done.
So far it is working and fixing saves. So that's good. I guess the only issue is you can't adjust relationship points or events with certain girls and the other hidden choices. did I do something wrong?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
So far it is working and fixing saves. So that's good. I guess the only issue is you can't adjust relationship points or events with certain girls and the other hidden choices. did I do something wrong?
SanchoCheats has what you need. Why do you feel the need to "adjust relationship points" though?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I really wanted to change the variables to get the lewd scene with Cathy, plus adjusting them for certian girls for a better outcome.
Relp points won't do that for you bud. Relp is basically irrelevant for all LI's except the combo of Maya/Josy. It's actual paths you seek, again SanchoCheats.

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
So how do you change paths it seems locked.
I'm not going to speak for Sancho, but going by his stated design goals, he generally doesn't let you change variables that will bork your playthroughs. So changing a main path like that will likely cause bugs/problems. You can go outside his mod to do so, like with UnRen.

Me, I'm taking his advice and avoiding that and just doing multiple playthroughs.

PEscobar

Oct 5, 2022
I'm not going to speak for Sancho, but going by his stated design goals, he generally doesn't let you change variables that will bork your playthroughs. So changing a main path like that will likely cause bugs/problems. You can go outside his mod to do so, like with UnRen.

Me, I'm taking his advice and avoiding that and just doing multiple playthroughs.
That's probably a good idea...i don;t need any borked PT's.

Reactions: Porthas

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
Is there a way to get more money for the party? I haven't seen a cheat for that. maybe I missed it?
There's a cheat for more money for the wallet but not for the mansion. Same reason probably as he's checking into cheats for a "perfect" party playthrough - a "perfect" mansion cheat like more money may bork something. Again, you can probably UnRen it (I don't know the console code off-hand) but it may bork something later on, idk.

We may only be half way through the game, I'm not sure what can get screwed up later.

Maxiom

Jul 31, 2020
There's a cheat for more money for the wallet but not for the mansion. Same reason probably as he's checking into cheats for a "perfect" party playthrough - a "perfect" mansion cheat like more money may bork something. Again, you can probably UnRen it (I don't know the console code off-hand) but it may bork something later on, idk.

We may only be half way through the game, I'm not sure what can get screwed up later.
It's easy to change values to bypass any cheat checks. Any specific reason to believe he's hunting for perfect party scores?

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
It's easy to change values to bypass any cheat checks. Any specific reason to believe he's hunting for perfect party scores?
You'd have to ask Sancho about that one. Better yet he's already said earlier in this thread he's looking at the situation. I'm not a coder, he is, so I'm just taking his advice and treading the road ahead carefully. He may come back later and add that as a feature to his mod after he's looked at it further.

Reactions: Maxiom

Stelzi

Oct 4, 2017
Hello Sancho1969,
first of all: Thanks for your amazing work on your mods for many Games!

Now unfortunately I wasn't aware there's a SanchoMod for BaDIK and played Season 1+2 and Ep. 9 with another mod. If I understood your post here correctly, you implemented a save fixing feature so we can continue with our save files instead of starting a new game, right? Because that's what I tried.

I redownloaded the Ep 10 + 10.1 Patch from the OP of the games thread here and extracted them to a new directory to be sure to have no files of another mod are left, then copied your mod in the game folder. Of course I also copied the saves folder from Ep 9 over. I loaded one of the saves, opened the MiniStats Window and clicked on the Fix-it-button. And got an exception because
"name 'branchMayaJosy' is not defined". From what I read so far in this thread thats one of those leftovers of the other mod in the save file. Now I clicked the Rollback Button and loaded the same save file again, opened the MiniStats Window again and the Fix-it-button did not appear again.
When I rightclick and try to open the SanchoOptions I get another exception Stacktrace, leading to the same "name branchMayaJosy not defined" ending. Clicking on the "Cheats" Button in the ingame Sanchooptions screen (via the bottom right menu) also leads to an exception, just this time its "branchIsabella" that's not defined.

Did I understand your post wrong and I cannot use those "corrupted" Ep 9 saves and have to start from the beginning of Ep 9 again? Or do I even have to reinstall Season 1+2 anew because even the transfer savegames are not usable? Or do I have to use that Fix-it-button only at a specific point in Ep 10 (read something about some doctor scene that is broken when using old saves)? Or is it wrong to copy the saves-folder - but if so, how could I even use and fix those saves?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 13 Votes