Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
How do i give myself money with this mod?
Reference the FAQ here for some of the mod's more intricate details, including the addition of the "money" cheat some time ago. I've given sample screen shots and even divided the bottom of the FAQ on a per season basis to help isolate features per mod. If you haven't figured out the money cheat yet then there's good info in the FAQ you might want to be aware of.

Varimatras

Apr 29, 2017
Hey, i have a little problem that i cant seem to fix and i figured i'd ask here first.

its about the 2D art for the Wall and wallpaper, which is 2 or even 3 tiered, but i can only choose level 1, no lvl 2 or 3 even tho available and no nudes for the second frame either...

so the question is: is that a bug with the game, the mod or do i miss something here?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hey, i have a little problem that i cant seem to fix and i figured i'd ask here first.

its about the 2D art for the Wall and wallpaper, which is 2 or even 3 tiered, but i can only choose level 1, no lvl 2 or 3 even tho available and no nudes for the second frame either...

so the question is: is that a bug with the game, the mod or do i miss something here?
Not a bug in either. MC's desk wall pic is set on a per LI basis that's unlocked, phone wallpaper is isolated to other pic unlocks via hidden items in-game. You can't just put whatever pic willy-nilly (out of all of the ones you've unlocked) on the phone/wall. The dev didn't code it to do that... the in-game phone ain't no iPhone bud.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Not a bug in either. MC's desk wall pic is set on a per LI basis that's unlocked, phone wallpaper is isolated to other pic unlocks via hidden items in-game. You can't just put whatever pic willy-nilly (out of all of the ones you've unlocked) on the phone/wall. The dev didn't code it to do that... the in-game phone ain't no iPhone bud.
Hmm Is that why mine is stuck on the DiK logo? I'm on the Others path.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hmm Is that why mine is stuck on the DiK logo? I'm on the Others path.
For Jacob's Art purchases, the Others path actually opens up the most art that can be purchased in one go... there's more than a few HOTs in his catalog. Phone wallpaper is tied to magazine/quest unlocks directly. I'm just noting that Jacob's Art and hidden item award Pic Unlocks are two separate things.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Dark Silence

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
For Jacob's Art purchases, the Others path actually opens up the most art that can be purchased in one go... there's more than a few HOTs in his catalog. Phone wallpaper is tied to magazine/quest unlocks directly. I'm just noting that Jacob's Art and hidden item award Pic Unlocks are two separate things.
Well, I have Others pics, but the picture in the MC's room above his desk, has been stuck on the DiK logo.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Well, I have Others pics, but the picture in the MC's room above his desk, has been stuck on the DiK logo.
You sayin' when you select the wall pic it doesn't let you choose a different one? If not, which Season are we talkin' 'bout?

For S3 MC's desk pic (while in a freeroam where the desk is accessible):
Click on the pic:
1704416454779.png
Select which pic via the triangled arrows then select "Ok":
1704416489453.png
The pics you can choose are directly tied to what you've bought in Jacob's 2D Art Shop in the phone:
1704416685309.png

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
You sayin' when you select the wall pic it doesn't let you choose a different one? If not, which Season are we talkin' 'bout?

For S3 MC's desk pic (while in a freeroam where the desk is accessible):
Click on the pic:
View attachment 3233427
Select which pic via the triangled arrows then select "Ok":
View attachment 3233430
The pics you can choose are directly tied to what you've bought in Jacob's 2D Art Shop in the phone:
View attachment 3233438
I'm done with 10, but yes. I click it and nothing happens.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm done with 10, but yes. I click it and nothing happens.
Have you bought any of the pics in Jacob's Art Shop (via the phone in the third image in the above post)? If so, does the wall photo highlight with a white border when you mouse over it (like in the first image in the above post)?

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Have you bought any of the pics in Jacob's Art Shop (via the phone in the third image in the above post)? If so, does the wall photo highlight with a white border when you mouse over it (like in the first image in the above post)?
Yes. I bought from him the ones that I could. If I click it, it pops up and the arrows light up, but no other images show up.
1704418755218.png
1704418855734.png

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Yes. I bought from him the ones that I could. If I click it, it pops up and the arrows light up, but no other images show up.
View attachment 3233497
View attachment 3233500
Okay, so when you mouse-hover over the left/right arrows on the first image in your post, do they outline in orange like seen here? (I changed the pic from Sage to Sarah just to show that it's working on my end):
1704419068808.png

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Well, now you have me stumped.

BTW, the mod doesn't mess with that code at all, just so folks know.

I almost have dinner on the table so give me a bit to sort that and think on this a bit... I might have you PM me that save file so I can isolate the issue if I can't brainstorm the cause. BBL.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Well, now you have me stumped.

BTW, the mod doesn't mess with that code at all, just so folks know.

I almost have dinner on the table so give me a bit to sort that and think on this a bit... I might have you PM me that save file so I can isolate the issue if I can't brainstorm the cause. BBL.
Yeah. It's why I never mentioned it. But, you know me, bro, I always end up with strange issues.

Varimatras

Apr 29, 2017
Yeah the phone is one thing, i dont care too much about that, but the Wallframes, yes both of em...they suck, as they are stuck to the lvl 1 selection for me.
Which is kinda strange as i have some with lvl 3 already bought/unlocked and can change them in the Reward section on the phone to see/choose the versions i've unlocked, but they dont stick and with that they also dont stick with the frames limiting them to just lvl1 pictures to choose from.

While in the club i have Envy on the wall...maybe from a previous run or so, which is already on lvl 3 there, so fully nude, but my dorm frames are lvl 1 only and that sucks, even more so as i know that in earlier versions and, to my shame and coz of the mod removal drama from op page, the 'other mod' used, i could click the lvl i wanted from what i had and that would then appear in the selection on the frame(s).

(yes i did a fresh install, with Sancho mod and even deleted the old Roaming folder...but maybe something was with the persistent file before or i dunno, its just weird that it did function one or 2 versions before and with the other mod, but doesnt now for some strange reason...which is why i was asking, as i cant splain it and found no mentioning of it somewhere)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Yeah the phone is one thing, i dont care too much about that, but the Wallframes, yes both of em...they suck, as they are stuck to the lvl 1 selection for me.
Which is kinda strange as i have some with lvl 3 already bought/unlocked and can change them in the Reward section on the phone to see/choose the versions i've unlocked, but they dont stick and with that they also dont stick with the frames limiting them to just lvl1 pictures to choose from.

While in the club i have Envy on the wall...maybe from a previous run or so, which is already on lvl 3 there, so fully nude, but my dorm frames are lvl 1 only and that sucks, even more so as i know that in earlier versions and, to my shame and coz of the mod removal drama from op page, the 'other mod' used, i could click the lvl i wanted from what i had and that would then appear in the selection on the frame(s).

(yes i did a fresh install, with Sancho mod and even deleted the old Roaming folder...but maybe something was with the persistent file before or i dunno, its just weird that it did function one or 2 versions before and with the other mod, but doesnt now for some strange reason...which is why i was asking, as i cant splain it and found no mentioning of it somewhere)
FWIW I've only ever been able to select Lvl1 pics too (in S3)... even for new unlocks where I buy both Lvl1 & Lvl2 concurrently. I'll have to look at the dev's coding for it... it must be borked due to episode numbering or something odd like that. I haven't played S1/S2 now in so long I couldn't remember if higher Levels of Art Shop pics were framable... but you saying they are so I'll take your word for it... something must be jacked with S3's frame code. Again, the mod doesn't alter any of that in any way but I'll take a look regardless.

It's ~0430hrs here in the morning so I'm brewing coffee... that must be consumed before I even fire up the studio server though... give me some time.

Reactions: GoWFO and Porthas
4.80 star(s) 13 Votes