Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Klistoff

May 19, 2023
Just to add 2p into the pot here for Dark Silence...

I had something similar on moving the game to another PC, so effectively a clean install. When changing the wall pics they would just go to the orange delta and not move away. It was fixed for me by doing an Import of the affected path from the home screen, quitting out (since that forces a restart at Interlude) and then re-loading the affected save.

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
Just to add 2p into the pot here for Dark Silence...

I had something similar on moving the game to another PC, so effectively a clean install. When changing the wall pics they would just go to the orange delta and not move away. It was fixed for me by doing an Import of the affected path from the home screen, quitting out (since that forces a restart at Interlude) and then re-loading the affected save.
Well, importing saves never worked for me. So, I just moved my save over to 10 and loaded it normally. Yeah, I only have 1 save. For Rio.

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
Pfft... everyone can except Dark Silence :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Speaking of which...

Dark Silence, since there's more than one way to skin a cat let's try one last thing: I can modify the "fix" in the previous post to actually select in advance what LI you would like as your desk wall pic frame images. That way you at least have an LI you might be okay with and MAYBE, just maybe it will sort out whatever the hell is going on with your left/right image choice buttons.

The only other thing I can think of is for me to create you a custom version of the image selection screen (which shouldn't be required but I'll be damned if I can think of why those left/right buttons aren't working for you).

Just a thought. All the available assets are in this post. If you want, peruse them, tell me which one of each frame you like best and I'll force the damn game to have them displayed for you at the MC's desk.

No way I'll let this VN get the best of you or me... but yes, you always end up with the strangest problems with this VN! :ROFLMAO::p
I'll give it a try. However, it's not just this VN that gives me shit. There's a LOT of them. :ROFLMAO:

Klistoff

May 19, 2023
Well, importing saves never worked for me. So, I just moved my save over to 10 and loaded it normally. Yeah, I only have 1 save. For Rio.
Interesting because that was likely similar to mine that was intended for Quinn & would have been a similar route. Like with yours, just moving the save didn't work, but the newer saves seem to include the import data rather than it being a separate 'create an import' action at the end of 8, and that did fix it for me. Shame it didn't work for you.

Reactions: Dark Silence

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
Interesting because that was likely similar to mine that was intended for Quinn & would have been a similar route. Like with yours, just moving the save didn't work, but the newer saves seem to include the import data rather than it ben a separate 'create an import' action at the end of 8, and that did fix it for me. Shame it didn't work for you.
It's all good. I've become accustomed to games havin issues for me over the years.

GoWFO

Nov 28, 2022
Sancho1969

Off hand, will you be creating a cheat for the new brawler a la SanchoAutoSmash? You might have mentioned earlier in this thread and I missed it.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Well, importing saves never worked for me. So, I just moved my save over to 10 and loaded it normally.
This little ditty explains the picture frame issue a bit. I thought we resolved your import issue before... didn't I give you all my personal pure S2 export data and persistent file via PM some time back? We did something I thought that was aimed at sorting out your S2 Export / S3 Import issues... but that's been a few moons and bottles of whiskey back.

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
This little ditty explains the picture frame issue a bit. I thought we resolved your import issue before... didn't I give you all my personal pure S2 export data and persistent file via PM some time back? We did something I thought that was aimed at sorting out your S2 Export / S3 Import issues... but that's been a few moons and bottles of whiskey back.
We never did resolve that and all you gave me was your persistent file.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thanks again for your amazing diligence and generosity sharing your flawless work.
Thanks for the kind words...but I can't accept flawless. Never will. There's always more to do but that's okay, I get what you mean in spirit and appreciate the sentiment bud.

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
I should have known better. Miss a little... Miss a Lot.
Thanks again for your amazing diligence and generosity sharing your flawless work.
Thanks for the kind words...but I can't accept flawless. Never will. There's always more to do but that's okay, I get what you mean in spirit and appreciate the sentiment bud.
Sancho1969's a fuckin rock star and refuses to admit it.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
We never did resolve that and all you gave me was your persistent file.
Had a couple minutes to look into this a bit more:

Bud... go back and look at the PM convo... specifically post #6 where I gave you my personal S2 transfer data file. You're the only person on the planet besides me that has that golden nugget. I had assumed you used it, no? If so, you imports into S3 should be just dandy (minus having to change the MC's name and Pet names of course, although I don't think Pet names are in the exported data tbh).

If you need instructions on how to use it then just hit me up in that same PM. I have no intention of giving that file to anyone else, hence the PM. Check it out if you get some time to spare this weekend.

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
Had a couple minutes to look into this a bit more:

Bud... go back and look at the PM convo... specifically post #6 where I gave you my personal S2 transfer data file. You're the only person on the planet besides me that has that golden nugget. I had assumed you used it, no? If so, you imports into S3 should be just dandy (minus having to change the MC's name and Pet names of course, although I don't think Pet names are in the exported data tbh).

If you need instructions on how to use it then just hit me up in that same PM. I have no intention of giving that file to anyone else, hence the PM. Check it out if you get some time to spare this weekend.
Oh! That big long named file. I remember now. I put it in both folders in AppData\Roaming\RenPy\ and it never worked.
1704575705589.png
1704575746944.png

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I put it in both folders in AppData\Roaming\RenPy\ and it never worked.
No bud, it only goes inside only one folder being:
"AppData\Roaming\RenPy\persistent\"
1704576224258.png
BUT... backup the one you already have just in case... do that first.

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
No bud, it only goes inside only one folder being:
"AppData\Roaming\RenPy\persistent\"
View attachment 3238751
BUT... backup the one you already have just in case... do that first.
Bro, when I say both, I meant both the BaDiK folders in Ren'py. Reasoning was that it didn't work when I put it in BeingaDIKSeason3-Patreon-1535311494 so I added it to BeingaDIK-1535311494.

Ahhh! Well, shit. I'll put it in the other one now. Fuck me.

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes