Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Dark Silence, Varimatras

Fuck me. You're not going to believe this... wacky shit. I have never even looked into this Art Shop/Wall Frame code ever... and now that I have I see the light...

THERE'S A SECOND FRAME IN S3 YOU MUST BUY TO SELECT THE LVL2 ART SHOP PICS!!!!

Yes, I yelled that out... exactly as I just did here in the middle of the forest and likely woke up bears that have been hibernating for miles.

I can't believe it myself... look here via mouse hover, the rest will be self-explanatory:
1704453112810.png 1704453272386.png

How 'bout them apples?

I'm going to go downstairs and make waffles now, fuck this game :ROFLMAO: :p

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Dark Silence, Varimatras

Fuck me. You're not going to believe this... wacky shit. I have never even looked into this Art Shop/Wall Frame code ever... and now that I have I see the light...

Yes, I yelled that out... exactly as I just did here in the middle of the forest and likely woke up bears that have been hibernating for miles.

I can't believe it myself... look here via mouse hover, the rest will be self-explanatory:
View attachment 3234348 View attachment 3234351

How 'bout them apples?

Well, then. Now I have two broken frames. :LOL:
1704453666135.png

• Haha
Reactions: Gefom

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
I don't even like the 2d art that much. Yeah, fuck that shit, lol. :LOL:
Agreed. I just want the old photos we had with the old phone on our new phone and if we could get them for the now two broken picture frames I have, that would be a dream come true. :ROFLMAO:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Well, then. Now I have two broken frames. :LOL:
View attachment 3234367
Well, now I know I don't need a game save file from you. You're not going to want to hear this but your persistent data is most certainly borked. There is one massive persistent variable that holds all unlock info (a overly-complicated variable that is actually a list of lists to be more accurate, not really a "variable") but try this first while in-game:

Hit "Esc" or right-click to bring up the Save/Load screen and click "Save Collectibles", then see if your wall frames are now working correctly:
1704454170300.png

If that doesn't work I'll make a persistent fix for you with special instructions to try.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Well, now I know I don't need a game save file from you. You're not going to want to hear this but your persistent data is most certainly borked. There is one massive persistent variable that holds all unlock info (a overly-complicated variable that is actually a list of lists to be more accurate, not really a "variable") but try this first while in-game:

Hit "Esc" or right-click to bring up the Save/Load screen and click "Save Collectibles", then see if your wall frames are now working correctly:
View attachment 3234434

If that doesn't work I'll make a persistent fix for you with special instructions to try.
I'm using the persistent file you sent me. :ROFLMAO:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm using the persistent file you sent me. :ROFLMAO:
I have no idea why your pic frames are busted then... I have zero issue but let's try to resolve your circumstance.

I've pre-written you a script to run if the above "Save Collectibles" doesn't work. Let me know. The process is not as elaborate as the "banana" issue here but I'll still have to write you very specific instructions. The problem is that I don't have the issue you are facing so I've written a script that will rebuild all the unlockables/frame lists from what you have unlocked via playthrough. I've test it on my end and know it won't bork anything but I'm also not 100% it will resolve your issue... but it should in theory.

I'll start zipping the script together along with starting to make an instruction post in case the "Save Collectibles" process doesn't work for you.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
I have no idea why your pic frames are busted then... I have zero issue but let's try to resolve your circumstance.

I've pre-written you a script to run if the above "Save Collectibles" doesn't work. Let me know. The process is not as elaborate as the "banana" issue here but I'll still have to write you very specific instructions. The problem is that I don't have the issue you are facing so I've written a script that will rebuild all the unlockables/frame lists from what you have unlocked via playthrough. I've test it on my end and know it won't bork anything but I'm also not 100% it will resolve your issue... but it should in theory.

I'll start zipping the script together along with starting to make an instruction post in case the "Save Collectibles" process doesn't work for you.
Thanks, bro. But you know I always end up with weird issues.

Varimatras

Apr 29, 2017
Dark Silence, Varimatras

View attachment 3234348 View attachment 3234351

How 'bout them apples?

As long as you just yell to wake the bears and dont poke em with a stick...have fun...^^
Coffe and waffles...well doesnt sound to bad for dinner here lol (18:18 right now) ;)

yeah that shit is wacky, but that wasnt my problem, as i already mentioned the 2 frames.
but my problem is, that you cant choose the advanced versions to be put in, its always the tame lvl1 stuff, no lvl2 semi nude or lvl 3 full nudes on the vertical frame and no nudes on the second horizontal frame.

you can only watch them in the rewards app and click the "clothed/partial/locked or nude" buttons or for frame 2 the "clothed/nude" buttons, but they dont stick to what you selected anymore or cant be confirmed somehow anymore and therefore the pictures in the frame always stay on the clothed versions, which is odd.

I can remember a run where i had nude Envy on my wall, so i could select them accordingly before, but now thats somewhat borked and i have no clue, if its the game, the mod or has something to do with the video mod, which it shouldnt have.
And this kinda annoys me, you are at someones path or on the others path, unlock or buy them advanced pics, but cant hang them anymore for some f'd up reason.

But yeah i also found out the second frame by accident, as my mouse was hovering over there...lol, more hot pics! Nooooooooo!!!!

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I can remember a run where i had nude Envy on my wall, so i could select them accordingly before, but now thats somewhat borked and i have no clue, if its the game, the mod or has something to do with the video mod, which it shouldnt have.
And this kinda annoys me, you are at someones path or on the others path, unlock or buy them advanced pics, but cant hang them anymore for some f'd up reason.
All I can tell you is that there are no nudes for the wall frame in the library room...for either frame.

I looked through the image files that both frame code snippets reference. There are 14 First Frame images which correlate to Lvl1 unlocks and 18 Second Frame images which correlate to their Lvl1 unlocks. There are no nudes (Lvl2+) desk wall frame images anywhere in S3 to date.

The dev has NOT rendered any desk wall framed pic images for anything other than Lvl1 of Jacob's Art Shop unlocks.

I compressed both desk pic frame variants and attached them below for reference.

Last edited:

Varimatras

Apr 29, 2017
All I can tell you is that there are no nudes for the wall frame in the library room...for either frame.

I looked through the image files that both frame code snippets reference. There are 14 First Frame images which correlate to Lvl1 unlocks and 18 Second Frame images which correlate to their Lvl1 unlocks. There are no nudes (Lvl2+) desk wall frame images anywhere in S3 to date.

The dev has NOT rendered any desk wall framed pic images for anything other than Lvl1 of Jacob's Art Shop unlocks.

I compressed both desk pic frame variants and attached them below for reference.
Well that seems to be the issue then, he took a step back or it had something to do with 'the other mod' or some other mod, because i know for a fact that i could have the semi nudes and nudes at my wall, when i selected them in the rewards tab, after i got them bought or otherwise unlocked.

And i just went back to episode 8 to the club...
Club Envy Nude pic.png
and there we have Envy in all her Glory in the back (probably remains of a earlier playthru in the old persistent file, before i deleted the Renpy BAD Folder in Roaming and iirc i could decide which one goes there, dunno was a long time ago)...which should be possible to change in our frames if we got it.

See what got me confused there?^^
But if thats a game fault or just a step back from what we once had...its a sad developement...and could use ... well... A MOD! :love: and some coffee ofc :coffee:.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
But if thats a game fault or just a step back from what we once had...its a sad developement
This is what I'm telling you bud.

As of S3's v0.10.1 there are nothing but non-nude variant pics that can be chosen for the MC's Library Room desk wall picture frame(s).

You'll have to take it out with Pink, it has nothing to do with any mods or routes you took, and nothing to do with your persistent file. It's embedded in the code for only those assets I attached to my previous post.

Reactions: Varimatras

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021

As of S3's v0.10.1 there are nothing but non-nude variant pics that can be chosen for the MC's Library Room desk wall picture frame(s).

You'll have to take it out with Pink, it has nothing to do with any mods or routes you took, and nothing to do with your persistent file. It's embedded in the code for only those assets I attached to my previous post.
More like level 0. At least for me. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Yes, I did. Didn't work. Even added my old persistent back and nothin.
This might be a waste of your time... you'll have to be a guinea pig but it's perfectly safe to try if you follow the instructions.

Sancho's ArtShopFrame Fixer (maybe)

This will NOT fuck up your persistent file but we will perform safe modding practices regardless as it's always proper protocol... so let's make a backup of your persistent file first before we begin:
  1. Insure the VN is NOT running (exit the game if you are playing it)
  2. Navigate via file explorer to "(user name)/AppData/Roaming/RenPy/BeingaDIKSeason3-Patreon-1535311494"
  3. Locate the file in that directory named exactly "persistent", it does not have a file extension (.txt, .exe, etc.)
  4. Make a backup of that file. You can do this by simply copy/paste to your desktop or some other known location you will remember. Double-check that the file exists where you copied it to (that your new "backup" is actually there).
Now that your current persistent file is safely backed-up let's get on with it:
  1. Insure the VN is NOT running, download and copy the content of the attached zip inside the VN's "/game" folder (you know the drill by now).
  2. Start the VN and load a save that is currently within the MC's "library" room.
  3. Now, from the upper-left of the free roam screen open the "new" phone and select both the "Rewards" and "2D Art" screens to verify your old unlocks are indeed still there and active. If so, proceed to the next step. If not, STOP HERE, perform the "Restoration" steps at the very end of this post, and report back to me.
    1. 1704458551666.png
  4. Don't do anything else (don't go clicking on that damn wall frame just yet) but exit the VN (close the game).
  5. Navigate inside the VN's "/game" directory and delete that "fix" file from step one. This is important, do NOT skip this step please. The file is named exactly "SanchoMod FrameRewardFix.rpyc".
  6. Start the VN again, load up that save from inside the MC's free roam library room, and just like in step 2 verify the Rewards and 2D Art within the new phone appear correct.
  7. Now cross your fingers, go to the MC's desk and attempt to change either wall frame pic and report back your findings.
The above process is perfectly safe but I have no way of testing your specific issue... so you are lab ratting it for me tbh. In theory it should work. When the persistent reward list is correctly formatted the screen that allows you to choose which pic to display (by pressing either the left or right "arrows") simply checks all available 2D unlocks for those you've unlocked via "purchase" and if the pic(s) is unlocked displays it, otherwise it defaults to the DIK logo.

------------

Reference: Restoring the persistent backup (applicable ONLY for the "STOP HERE" in step 3 above)
  1. Copy the persistent backup you made and copy it inside: "(user name)/AppData/Roaming/RenPy/BeingaDIKSeason3-Patreon-1535311494"
  2. Copy the persistent backup you made and copy it inside: "(VN directory)/game/saves"

Reactions: JasonJemodah

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
This might be a waste of your time... you'll have to be a guinea pig but it's perfectly safe to try if you follow the instructions.

Sancho's ArtShopFrame Fixer (maybe)

This will NOT fuck up your persistent file but we will perform safe modding practices regardless as it's always proper protocol... so let's make a backup of your persistent file first before we begin:
  1. Insure the VN is NOT running (exit the game if you are playing it)
  2. Navigate via file explorer to "(user name)/AppData/Roaming/RenPy/BeingaDIKSeason3-Patreon-1535311494"
  3. Locate the file in that directory named exactly "persistent", it does not have a file extension (.txt, .exe, etc.)
  4. Make a backup of that file. You can do this by simply copy/paste to your desktop or some other known location you will remember. Double-check that the file exists where you copied it to (that your new "backup" is actually there).
Now that your current persistent file is safely backed-up let's get on with it:
  1. Insure the VN is NOT running, download and copy the content of the attached zip inside the VN's "/game" folder (you know the drill by now).
  2. Start the VN and load a save that is currently within the MC's "library" room.
  3. Now, from the upper-left of the free roam screen open the "new" phone and select both the "Rewards" and "2D Art" screens to verify your old unlocks are indeed still there and active. If so, proceed to the next step. If not, STOP HERE, perform the "Restoration" steps at the very end of this post, and report back to me.
    1. View attachment 3234550
  4. Don't do anything else (don't go clicking on that damn wall frame just yet) but exit the VN (close the game).
  5. Navigate inside the VN's "/game" directory and delete that "fix" file from step one. This is important, do NOT skip this step please. The file is named exactly "SanchoMod FrameRewardFix.rpyc".
  6. Start the VN again, load up that save from inside the MC's free roam library room, and just like in step 2 verify the Rewards and 2D Art within the new phone appear correct.
  7. Now cross your fingers, go to the MC's desk and attempt to change either wall frame pic and report back your findings.
The above process is perfectly safe but I have no way of testing your specific issue... so you are lab ratting it for me tbh. In theory it should work. When the persistent reward list is correctly formatted the screen that allows you to choose which pic to display (by pressing either the left or right "arrows") simply checks all available 2D unlocks for those you've unlocked via "purchase" and if the pic(s) is unlocked displays it, otherwise it defaults to the DIK logo.

------------

Reference: Restoring the persistent backup (applicable ONLY for the "STOP HERE" in step 3 above)
  1. Copy the persistent backup you made and copy it inside: "(user name)/AppData/Roaming/RenPy/BeingaDIKSeason3-Patreon-1535311494"
  2. Copy the persistent backup you made and copy it inside: "(VN directory)/game/saves"
Nope. Still nothin. Might need a total unlocker for this issue. Ahaha

Varimatras

Apr 29, 2017

Thx man, appreciate the effort. :)

This is what we get...a crapton of more and somewhat annoying minigames,
but the one nice little feature gets cut down, to the bare minimum in return...meh.

I'm surprised that i'm atleast not additionally bothered with more issues like others here...
as i can fortunately use both frames with no problems whatsoever.^^

surf the hot japanese coffee.png

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
i can fortunately use both frames with no problems whatsoever.^^
Pfft... everyone can except Dark Silence :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Speaking of which...

Dark Silence, since there's more than one way to skin a cat let's try one last thing: I can modify the "fix" in the previous post to actually select in advance what LI you would like as your desk wall pic frame images. That way you at least have an LI you might be okay with and MAYBE, just maybe it will sort out whatever the hell is going on with your left/right image choice buttons.

The only other thing I can think of is for me to create you a custom version of the image selection screen (which shouldn't be required but I'll be damned if I can think of why those left/right buttons aren't working for you).

Just a thought. All the available assets are in this post. If you want, peruse them, tell me which one of each frame you like best and I'll force the damn game to have them displayed for you at the MC's desk.

No way I'll let this VN get the best of you or me... but yes, you always end up with the strangest problems with this VN! :ROFLMAO::p

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 13 Votes